It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walz's Stolen Valor EXPOSED

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
a reply to: putnam6

Interesting vetting process Kamala's team must have.
I wonder why they weren't prepared for this growing s#itstorm.

Some whispers of that already, everybody acknowledges the left and enough hardcore Democrats don't care, but the concern is Independent and moderate Democrats do care especially those who have served. ie he isn't expanding the Democrats' voter base at all and might shrink it

Why not just be honest, the reality the drop was just one level, he could have easily brushed off the retiring before deployment.

Putting Command Sergeant on your about info on Minnesota's Government website obviously sounded better

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
What came in July? The warning order? Which is what I wrote, or the deployment order?
He was warned first because that’s what a warning order is, and he then decided to retire before the actual deployment order.

According to the National Guard, the alert order for the 1st Battalion of the 125th Field Artillery came on July 14, 2005.

That's two months after he retired.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I agree. It’s gonna come down to the centrists and the Independents.

I’m a registered Independent. I can either throw my vote away and do a write-in, or choose the one who I think is best for the country and the Constitution. I’m from a long-standing military family. I hate the Right’s stance on abortion, and have twin boys via IVF. However, I’m going with the Orange Man who really should keep his mouth shut.The Left are bonkers now.

Ok, I might’ve shared just a wee bit too much! 😆

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Someone who stated he would not vote for Walz but defended his service and disputes the claims:

Retired Command Sergeant Major Joseph Eustice served 32 years in the Minnesota National Guard. He told KARE 11 Wednesday that he served with Walz and spoke with him about his retirement ahead of time. Walz told him he planned to run for office.

Eustice said there were rumors the unit would deploy to Iraq but nothing had been determined. 

“I don’t know anyone who said he just did it to get our of a deployment,” Eustice said.

He says he doesn’t agree with Walz politically but Walz “did his duty.”

"I wouldn't vote for him, but this isn't about voting for him, this is about being honest about his service and he did his service as well as anyone did,” Eustice said.

Link

There are others who served with him as well. If you want links.

So it's a matter of believing the guy who was originally passed over for the position Walz got, who paid to have an article published when Walz was running for Governor who from a gander at his social media over the years is a very vocal MAGA, or a guy who won't vote for him but served with him and stated he heard he was going to retire and never knew of any rumor that it was because of a possible deployment. That he served well.

You also know that you don't get to run for congress just anytime you want to right? You run when there is an opening for some reason or an election coming up. It's not like a regular job you can apply anytime for. You have to get funding, jump through hoops, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani
His own battalion is calling him out for the loser he is. Walz is a real gem, pathetic.
www.foxnews.com...[/url]

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Remove all emotion from it.

He claimed he was a retired CSM... he isnt.

Is it the level of stolen valor no, lot of reasons someone might not get to keep E-9.

BUT and I saw this at my first duty station, if someone is held in high regard by the leadership they can override the time in grade requirement, and even the PME requirement to allow him to retire as E-9.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   

In fact, Walz filed paperwork for his congressional run in February 2005, about a month before reports emerged that the Minnesota National Guard might be deployed.

Politico

Eustice also had this to say a few years ago.

Joseph Eustice, a 32-year veteran of the guard who led the same battalion as Walz, said the governor fulfilled his duty.

"He was a great soldier," Eustice said. "When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave."

Eustice said claims to the contrary are ill-informed and possibly sour grapes by a soldier who was passed over for the promotion to command sergeant major that went to Walz.

"I love him as a soldier; I don't care much for him as a politician," Eustice said of Walz.

Eustice said he recalled talking to Walz in 2005 when they were at Camp Ripley. He said Walz told him he was thinking about resigning the guard and running for Congress.

"The man did nothing wrong with when he chose to leave the service; he didn't break any rules," he said.

Like Walz, Eustice said that he also left in the middle of a six-year re-enrollment because members are free to leave at any time after their initial six-year stint.

Star Tribune

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Governor Walz is so anti-law enforcement, the widow of a slain Minnesota officer requested that the governor not attend her husband's funeral.

Source: gettr.com...

Walz is a disgrace. He needs to stay in Minnesota with the nuts who elected him.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah I'm not sure. This is what I find:

The Minnesota Guard confirmed to Task & Purpose that Walz was properly promoted and served in the E-9 role, and “retired as” an E-9, despite the later reduction.

Link

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   

*shrugs* they dont just downgrade someone to E-8 for giggles.

If he did retire and is paid as a retired E-9 that should be very easy to prove.

Simply provide the paperwork and its a dead story, the more they bloviate and try to step around it the hard it will be to put the story to bed.

Like Kerry tried so hard to avoid saying anything definitive and story wrote itself and played a part in his election.

In the next day or so they have to put the paperwork out there, or he is cooked.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You ignored his reduced rank..which he also ignores in campaign literature.

Perhaps you need to actually pay more attention to what is written...watch the LINK provided...or just go about your business.

You really think democrats give a crap? They prefer the media's "truth" over facts. That's why we're in the predicament we're in right now. They'll gladly help destroy this country as long as they can say they won. They'll lie, cheat, and steal if they have to and not feel an ounce of sorrow for it.

I'd rather have a stable country.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Truth is Trump simply did a draft deferment . And Trump was never in the military to begin with .

Now Mr. Walz is a another story.

Completely different story... could not be more different!

One person served 24 years in our military, gave a up a large portion of his life in service to his nation, and the other did everything he could not to do that. School deferments, medical deferments... anything not to serve.

But that is only because he thinks those who serve and give their lives for the nation are suckers.

The contrast could not be more stark.

The fact you still think Trump said that speaks volumes. Goes right back to you people believing the media's "truth" over facts. Not sure if the ignorance is willful or not.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There’s probably a personal reason he chose to leave when he did.

As far as I can gather — he was in his right to do so.

It sounds like because he left in the middle — before completion — that he reverted to his previous rank (which is nothing to sneeze at) — and realistically logical.

But seriously — to try to rip this guy apart in comparison with “bone spurs” — really?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LollieK3

I agree. It’s gonna come down to the centrists and the Independents.

I’m a registered Independent. I can either throw my vote away and do a write-in, or choose the one who I think is best for the country and the Constitution. I’m from a long-standing military family. I hate the Right’s stance on abortion, and have twin boys via IVF. However, I’m going with the Orange Man who really should keep his mouth shut.The Left are bonkers now.

Ok, I might’ve shared just a wee bit too much! 😆

Ha, I think so too, whoever motivates that block of Independents and undecided, in the right states will win.

Ive been paying attention cause Im a centrist also, I was leaning towards RFKjr, he is intelligent but he is just the spoiler it's why the polls don't matter unless they include him. Here's the thing about Trump I know what Im getting, the industry Im in was better expenses were less. While I don't like a lot about him, he still can be an effective President. I didn't like most of our Presidents and it's not how I judge them.

Trump needs to stay on the positive message LOL, you need to be his campaign advisor. He needs to focus on the needs of the communities he is visiting more.

Im pretty sure I know what Im getting with Harris/Walz too, more of the last 3 1/2 years, on the brink of a couple of wars is not a good look. Especially with the ticket's lack of international experience. All things being equal voting for Trump is much easier than even considering Harris.

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:08 AM
link   
CNN Fact Checker says Tim Walz LIES to voters: www.westernjournal.com...

He makes Kamala look even more worthless. (Yes, that's possible.)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
He’s a straight up liar. From the horses mouth.
x.com...

Stolen Valor is just not cool. Says a lot about his character.

Walz is described as a retired "command sergeant major" in his governor's website biography and has also claimed he carried a gun "in war," despite never experiencing active combat

Behrends said Walz had been promoted to command sergeant major in 2004, but claimed he was required to serve two additional years or the promotion would be void.

His early retirement terminated the promotion, reducing his rank to master sergeant, Behrends said.

"What he did, basically, was he quit. He didn't complete that condition of doing two years after graduation, so he gets reduced to a master sergeant, and that's what he is right now, is a retired master sergeant."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
There’s probably a personal reason he chose to leave when he did.

Yeah ... because they knew they were getting deployed and he didn't want to go. He was fine serving in peacetime and getting easy money, but when the time came to actually perform he cut and ran. He didn't finish the contracted term of service so he was demoted from Command Sgt Major to Master Sgt. He has no right to say that he is a Command Sgt Major and he absolutely has no right to go around saying that he used weapons in a war. That's an outright lie.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So the ACTUAL 'Retired Command Sergeant Major' who replaced Walz in Iraq doesn't know what he's talking about?
?

No but he sounds like a whiny bitch. I’m Not defending Walz, but this guy sounds like a typical douche bag bitching because someone did something to get ahead in life. If the dude didn’t dress like trailer trash and toned it down, he’d be taken more seriously.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I was initially defending his service record here and here in the thread about him being the pick.

That was before I saw the video of the gun control discussion.

Saying "weapons I used in war" when he never saw combat or even deployed into a combat zone is textbook stolen valor no matter how you spin it. I'm a veteran 2004-2016. I never saw combat. I would NEVER say something like that or even insinuate it because it is enormously disrespectful to the men and women who fought and died or were injured for this country.

He's a piece of # and so is anyone who defends that obvious and clear case of stolen valor. The left will defend it though, because they never really cared about veterans. Same people who spit on Vietnam veterans when they came home.
edit on 8-8-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
What came in July? The warning order? Which is what I wrote, or the deployment order?
He was warned first because that’s what a warning order is, and he then decided to retire before the actual deployment order.

According to the National Guard, the alert order for the 1st Battalion of the 125th Field Artillery came on July 14, 2005.

That's two months after he retired.

Do you have a link that would prove you are not confusing a warning order with the deployment order that came later in July?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join