It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to debate Harris, and gets better terms.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Cowardly like kicking Joe to the curb and installing a new puppet for the DNC regime to control without an American voter getting their say-so?

Cowardly like that?

Tactics? Like not holding a single press conference to explain how grateful she is to be coronated, er voted, er placed in the presumptive nominee position?

Tactics like that?

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

I think he did all this to trigger the idiot left. Mission Accomplished!

I think Joe dropped when he did as a genius ploy to throw Trump off his game. It worked! LOL

Trump chickened out of the scheduled debate, lol, because this time it won't be JOE! Sad! Woe!

Now he needs his friends to be the moderators. Now, he needs a new date and his friends at FOX network to host the forum. Now he needs new rules.

But he's not triggered and scared? LOL

Wow.

I wish I was this outta touch with politics sometimes.

For real.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: DBCowboy

You mean she won't attend the already agreed upon scheduled Presidential debate? She will. Apparently Trump won't.

No She will not do the debate because she will not be the Nominee .

There is no way they are actually running her for POTUS . I just don't believe it .

There are so many people behind the scenes who do not want her as the Nominee including Barack Obama . The Left had to pick her though at least in the short term If they didn't put her as the Nominee it would be viewed as wildly racist and opposite of everything they claim to stand for .

There are a few Democrats who could give Trump an actual Challenge she is not one of them.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

He did this as a cheap political stunt to counter the shame and embarrassment that would’ve ensued from Harris going though with the planned debate even though Trump wasn’t going to turn up.

It’s as clear as day what his trying to do.

and yet, he scheduled it a week earlier than the deal he did with Biden. That's exactly what someone who was afraid would do.

This is the definition of Social Justice Warrior. Harris agreed to this, but the left (AKA YOU ALL) are upset for her, and want to make excuses and angry comments, in the hopes that she actually feels frightened like you seem to be. What else should you be upset about? Is there some holiday on September 4th? National pinhead day or something you had a parade scheduled for? I just want to understand the outrage. It all seems so weird.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think this is a smart play, especially the mics muted to force the best version of Trump in this context.

I personally think if he kept that kind of cadence throughout the campaign, it wouldn’t even be close.

I know he’s prone to do the off the cuff thing since it worked in 16’, but I think that election was different. Clinton was a known quantity whereas Trump was an unknown. People were willing to gamble more.

I’m not saying he has to be full blown statesman through this all, but I think he gets the most traction when he really shows the capacity for it.

I agree. It's a different campaign, a different opponent, and a different temperament of the opposition. The criticism will be even more elevated and radical. So, Trump needs to take advantage of every word and every second to put his best out there. It isn't just words with Trump, it's his tone and his persona that are on full display because he so 'large', and every atom of his being will be villainized by the Left.

He did well with Biden and kept himself in check pretty much. It's funny how bringing up golf scores sizzled both their butts and they went to s#it at that moment.

After reading so much about Harris, she won't have an easy time of it. She gets nervous and she's insecure. Her stomach will be in knots and she'll have to convince people she knows what she's talking about, all the while trying to convince them that the new and polished Kamala is not the same as the old communist Kamala; she's changed her mind on allllllll the other crap she's spewed before now. She isn't simply competing against Trump, she's competing to annihilate her older positions, both political and personal. She's her own adversary with Trump as an opponent.

I'm excited for the debate.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

But this would be Fox. Friendly territory for him. Why doesn't he even want them fact checking them?

By the way, to the OP, if the only way Trump is willing to debate is by making sure everything is in favor, it doesn't come off as strength.

and so ? Fox was always going to have a debate . They do one every election cycle .

It's the Lefts fault the Terms aren't better . The Left should be happy they are even getting a debate considering the complete Joke this has all turned into . Just changing candidates three months before the damn election ??? be damned the 100's of millions of dollars people donated to Joe Biden's campaign , Be damned all of the people who voted for and chose Biden as the nominee. It's a shock Democrats are even okay with this but then again you have to be don't you ?? Or you'd be a nasty Racist.

By all rights Trump could tell them to kick rocks and not even accept her as the nominee . In fact is she even technically the nominee ??? No I don't think it's official yet .

As for the Fact checking . CNN didn't do real time Fact checking either so why would Fox? I'm not sure what your point is .....
edit on 3-8-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It’s clearly a ploy for Trump to do so badly he exits the race after a tumultuous and defeating debate vs. Harris.

According to some here Joe is such a f’ing mastermind of “diplomacy and strength” that Trump is bound to follow suit and get the hell outta dodge in this election so that a better, younger, more DEI’ier nominee can be brought forth and selected without the input of the American people by the RNC and totally vanquish his opponent in lieu of Trump’s faltering image.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
a reply to: JadedGhost
Since NO ONE WAS ALLOWED TO VOTE FOR HARRIS, in the party that will "save democracy"

Technically they did vote for Harris, since she was on the ticket as VP, who takes over as President if the President can not perform there duties for whatever reason. Plus democrats donated $310 million to her in July, over double what Trump got in the same period. So it’s obvious the people approve of Harris being the nominee.

Over 100 million was Bidens money.
The rest is billionaire money laundering through act blue, which is going to get nailed for it very soon.
Grassroots? LoL
Grassy knees is more accurate.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

She isn't simply competing against Trump, she's competing to annihilate her older positions, both political and personal. She's her own adversary with Trump as an opponent.

Many applause for you

There is no way they keep her in I just don't see it happening.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Fox was always going to have a debate .

No, they weren't. The debates were supposed to be, and have always been hosted by the Presidential Debate Commission. Trump refused to debate under their umbrella this year. So, he and Biden hammered out something new, with earlier dates than usual, that excluded the Presidential Debate Commission and contracted two national television networks, CNN and ABC.

Because Trump is such a troglodyte when he debates, rules needed to be put in place, and that's why you think Trump was much more disciplined in his last debate against Joe Biden. But it was really because his mic was shut off when it wasn't his turn to speak.

I imagine that's one of the new rules he wants, for his mic to never be shut off, so that he can grandstand, insult and interrupt Harris, while she's trying finish her sentences, like he did to Joe Biden, 4 years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Over 100 million was Bidens money.

It was the Biden/Harris Campaign's money. The Campaign always had Harris' name on it, in legal terms.

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Watching you cope and squirm really is a special treat.

I think you're coming to a realization......

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No, they weren't. The debates were supposed to be, and have always been hosted by the Presidential Debate Commission

That may be the case but Fox always holds a debate.

I imagine that's one of the new rules he wants, for his mic to never be shut off, so that he can grandstand, insult and interrupt Harris, while she's trying finish her sentences, like he did to Joe Biden, 4 years ago.

Perhaps you should stop " Imagining " what it is that you think you know and just pay attention to what is going on around you .

You're about to vote for a Nominee you didn't choose , A nominee who was not Democratically selected . A nominee who couldn't secure a single Primary in 2020 . Look at what you're Party is doing .

Or just continue hating Orange man because that is all they want from you .

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
But But But....a few days ago you were all bitching calling him a scared little man because he did not want to debate. Now that he is, you are still bitching.....

If KAMALA is such a prize she should be able to go anywhere and let him say it to her face, or, was it put it on her face, not sure the soundbite sounded like her mouth was full which would not be far fetched......Ask Mr Brown.

Fox is no ally to Trump. By a long shot.

I want a debate not a moderated conversation for one side which is what we got in the last one with Biden.

link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

Former President Trump announced Friday night that he has agreed to Fox News' proposal for a debate against Vice President Kamala Harris.

Trump said the debate would be held on Sept. 4 in Pennsylvania, although the location of the event has not yet been determined.

The former president also noted that an ABC News debate previously scheduled against President Biden before he suspended his re-election campaign had been canceled, citing his lawsuit against that network and one of its hosts, George Stephanopoulos.

I do like the part where the format will be largely the same. Having Trump's mic cut when he's not speaking seems to have helped him a great deal. If he can stick to the issues, and not veer off into personal insult land, I think it will go well. But he has to be strong enough to not take the bait. And keep his inner asshole at bay.

If you could look into Donald Trump's soul, all you would see is a big steaming asshole. That's the nature of Narcissistic Personality types. That's what they are. I continue to be amused by all the Trump worshippers who entertain the fantasy that a 78 year old Malignant Narcissist is going to suddenly get in touch with his warm, gentle, new-age persona that--for some unknown reason-- he's been hiding all his life.

You probably also believe that the Tooth Fairy grants wishes.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Fox was always going to have a debate .

No, they weren't. The debates were supposed to be, and have always been hosted by the Presidential Debate Commission. Trump refused to debate under their umbrella this year. So, he and Biden hammered out something new, with earlier dates than usual, that excluded the Presidential Debate Commission and contracted two national television networks, CNN and ABC.

Because Trump is such a troglodyte when he debates, rules needed to be put in place, and that's why you think Trump was much more disciplined in his last debate against Joe Biden. But it was really because his mic was shut off when it wasn't his turn to speak.

“So he and Biden hammered out something new”.

Your words.

Well guess what sweet’ums, Biden is the No-Show now so all the bets are off the table!

Make sense?

edit on 3-8-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is being reported she has backed out.....Will not do FoxNews.....Hahahahahahaha...

This is getting really good. He she say let's do both....she won't.
edit on 832024 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

To be fair, I was really hoping Biden would continue to lead us into further this century as the eloquent and thoughtful statesman he’s always proved himself to be.

But yeah, Trump IS a dick. I agree there.

Now do Kamala and HER glowing qualities. Crickets.

Did I get that right?

link   
Circumstances change dip #. Why does his opposing party get to just change the very candidate, as well as the nomination process for its own voters, without even an adjustment from their own party? Every person is going to debate their points differently, and again considering the history of the Democrat party since 2016, it is very likely their voters will once again be deceived and led by the nose to another candidate of which they have no say in the matter any longer. Democrats really do not actually have to vote in primaries anymore. The establishment will just appoint the candidate and all they have to do is show up for the general election.

A candidate has every right to make adjustments when the opposition completely changes its own candidate in contravention to well established tradition and history. But you keep on believing that he is ... scared .

The confidence boost everyone has shown from repeating it is kind of cute actually and has made this even more entertaining. What else have you got? Call him a racist and a sexist again, that always tickles me.

link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

Former President Trump announced Friday night that he has agreed to Fox News' proposal for a debate against Vice President Kamala Harris.

Trump said the debate would be held on Sept. 4 in Pennsylvania, although the location of the event has not yet been determined.

The former president also noted that an ABC News debate previously scheduled against President Biden before he suspended his re-election campaign had been canceled, citing his lawsuit against that network and one of its hosts, George Stephanopoulos.

I do like the part where the format will be largely the same. Having Trump's mic cut when he's not speaking seems to have helped him a great deal. If he can stick to the issues, and not veer off into personal insult land, I think it will go well. But he has to be strong enough to not take the bait. And keep his inner asshole at bay.

If you could look into Donald Trump's soul, all you would see is a big steaming asshole. That's the nature of Narcissistic Personality types. That's what they are. I continue to be amused by all the Trump worshippers who entertain the fantasy that a 78 year old Malignant Narcissist is going to suddenly get in touch with his warm, gentle, new-age persona that--for some unknown reason-- he's been hiding all his life.

You probably also believe that the Tooth Fairy grants wishes.

This is how out of touch you are.

It's unfathomable to you that a demographic in our country has been ignored for so long that the mere acknowledgement that we exist is something to appreciate. Then that the person we voted for did things we approve of and benefitted us.

Also, the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

As usual, see you the next time you drop a bomb of ignorance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join