It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I missing with regard to SCOTUS roe v wade thing?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
What is confusing you? What part of 2nd Amendment do you think disqualifies a pregnant woman from accessing lethal force against a pregnancy that's threatening her life?

FFS ... This is the text of the 2nd Amendment -

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The abortionist is not a 'regulated militia' and an abortionist is not 'necessary to the security of a free State', and an abortionist is not 'keeping and bearing arms'.

You are a clown. Seriously. How do you even function?

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Christ's sake Sookie. I hope you didn't pull a muscle doing all those mental gymnastics.

What is confusing you? What part of 2nd Amendment do you think disqualifies a pregnant woman from accessing lethal force against a pregnancy that's threatening her life?

Do you think it's crazy to think that a woman's pregnant body can lethally attack her? Or, is it because you think an innocent, unborn person in incapable of killing its mother?

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms"

Don't see it. You should probably get some help with that.

Do you think a person who beats an armed home intruder to death with a baseball bat is in violation of the 2nd Amendment because they didn't use a gun?

the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with baseball bats, or it would have said so. it doesn't, so it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Christ's sake Sookie. I hope you didn't pull a muscle doing all those mental gymnastics.

Do you think it's crazy to think that a woman's pregnant body can lethally attack her? Or, is it because you think an innocent, unborn person in incapable of killing its mother?

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms"

Don't see it. You should probably get some help with that.

Do you think a person who beats an armed home intruder to death with a baseball bat is in violation of the 2nd Amendment because they didn't use a gun?

Not in the least. Trying to use the 2nd amendment to attempt to justify infanticide is some next level psychopathy. Please, seek some counseling and maybe find a good church.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Does the 2nd Amendment qualify your right to access your 2nd Amendment rights based on the age of your assailant?

Does a teacher have the right to shoot an armed 1st grader who has a loaded gun aimed at them?
edit on 1220242024k01America/Chicago2024-08-08T14:01:12-05:0002pm2024-08-08T14:01:12-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So we’re equating unborn babies to “perps” now? 🤡
Please go on…

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

If you think that a lifesaving abortion is the equivalent to infanticide, then I think you're the one needing to seek mental health.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Please go on…

We are equating remedies for pregnancies that threaten the lives of women with other constitutional self-defense 2nd Amendment remedies.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

This is the text of the 2nd Amendment -

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The abortionist is not a 'regulated militia' and an abortionist is not 'necessary to the security of a free State', and an abortionist is not 'keeping and bearing arms'.

As I said .. you are a clown.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Does the 2nd Amendment qualify your right to access your 2nd Amendment rights based on the age of your assailant?

Does a teacher have the right to shoot an armed 1st grader who has a loaded gun aimed at them?

nope, no age limits that I know of. I think state and federal laws limit the age to purchase a weapon, but there are stories of kids using the family gun to protect the house, and being in the right, so your point doesn't look like much of anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If you think that a lifesaving abortion is the equivalent to infanticide, then I think you're the one needing to seek mental health.

I believe innocent life is precious and should be preserved at all costs. The only times it might be acceptable, in my opinion, is if it involves rape, incest or the life of the mother is in jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

actually, I'm a clown, but I get your point.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Please go on…

We are equating remedies for pregnancies that threaten the lives of women with other constitutional self-defense 2nd Amendment remedies.

2% threaten a mothers life.
Can you site one case where a mother killed her own baby and used the 2A as an excuse?
Want to talk about the less than 1% incest cases?
How about the 1% rape cases?
We know you don’t want to talk about the other 96% of convenience abortions.

Abortion is not, and never has been, a constitutional right.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I believe innocent life is precious and should be preserved at all costs. The only times it might be acceptable, in my opinion, is if it involves rape, incest or the life of the mother is in jeopardy.

Okay. But right now, I'm only talking about abortions that are accessed stricly to save the life of a woman. Also, her health, like kidney failure, heart failure, blod clots and eclampsia seizures, etc. But, that's later, and only if we can agree that a woman has a constitutional right to access an abortiion to save her life.

Do we agree on that?

edit on 4120242024k24America/Chicago2024-08-08T14:24:41-05:0002pm2024-08-08T14:24:41-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Neither is a housewife, taking on a home intruder with a frying pan and kitchen knife. But it's is her 2nd Amendment right to kill her assailant with those tools.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

... if we can agree that a woman has a constitutional right to access an abortiion to save her life.

Show us in the Constitution where it says that anyone in this country has a right to medical procedures and services that require payment. Go ahead. We'll wait for you to answer ....

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

nope, no age limits that I know of. I think state and federal laws limit the age to purchase a weapon, but there are stories of kids using the family gun to protect the house, and being in the right, so your point doesn't look like much of anything.

LOL

It makes your question moot.

It doesn't matter if the offending pregnancy is 2 months along or 6 months along, if it's threatening her life.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

... if we can agree that a woman has a constitutional right to access an abortiion to save her life.

Show us in the Constitution where it says that anyone in this country has a right to medical procedures and services that require payment. Go ahead. We'll wait for you to answer ....

There you go again, asserting that our inalienable right are only valid if they're enumerated in the Constitution. However, I would point you in the direction of the 14th Amendment, as well as the 9th.

edit on 4920242024k29America/Chicago2024-08-08T14:29:49-05:0002pm2024-08-08T14:29:49-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Neither is a housewife, taking on a home intruder with a frying pan and kitchen knife. But it's is her 2nd Amendment right to kill her assailant with those tools.

no, it isn't. That's not what the 2nd is for.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL

It makes your question moot.

It doesn't matter if the offending pregnancy is 2 months along or 6 months along, if it's threatening her life.

If the baby can be removed, and both live, then that's a win. Unless the reason wasn't what you say...

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

SCOTUS disagrees.

edit on 1020242024k36America/Chicago2024-08-08T14:36:10-05:0002pm2024-08-08T14:36:10-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join