It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that picture of Trumps fist in the air and blood on his face?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Why would his father, apparently a counsellor of some sort, require an assault rifle?

i would say because he enjoyed shooting at the range just as much as the next person.

edit on 23-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So, in 2021, 54% of all gun-related deaths in the U.S. were suicides (26,328), while 43% were murders (20,958), according to the CDC. The remaining gun deaths that year were accidental (549), involved law enforcement (537) or had undetermined circumstances (458).

Link

Deaths by firearms - 48k (half are suicides)
Death by Cancer - 700k

I think we need to invest more in cancer cures and disease. Diabetes kills 2x as many people as guns each year.

Why differentiate between gun deaths by suicide, and gun deaths by other means? They are still all gun deaths.

But yes, we should prioritize to maximise safety by the fastest, most affordable and most effective means available because people are dying unnecessarily right now, it is an emergency situation.

edit on 2024-07-23T19:59:43-05:0007Tue, 23 Jul 2024 19:59:43 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Why would his father, apparently a counsellor of some sort, require an assault rifle?

i would say because he enjoyed shooting at the range just as much as the net person.

It seems fairly innocuous, but was it ultimately worth the death of his son for the guilty pleasure?

edit on 2024-07-23T20:15:23-05:0008Tue, 23 Jul 2024 20:15:23 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   

nothing wrong with enjoying recreational shooting,with any style rifle or handgun. crooks himself was a member of a local sportsman club and probably went there often. using his fathers AR. and besides that crooks was a adult and his own man.

what you really should be asking is how a behavioral counselor and his wife who was one to couldn't see warning signs that their adult son was bent. or maybe he wasn't, maybe got all swallowed up in the lefts rhetoric, and caught a bad case of TDS and acted out on it.

club crooks belonged to,

Clairton Sportsmen's Club

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Station27

What a great picture. Is it real? I looked and looked to find a Time cover with that photo but failed. So, is it real or fake? Where did you find this?

OH, I see. Time has that cover scheduled for Aug. 5th. Along with another cover as well. Apparently, I never read or look at Time, they routinely print several covers for their magazine. I never knew that.

www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 12154782024Jul2024-07-23T20:54:45-05:002020242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I thought that when someone is shooting at you, and a stack of people are trying to keep you down out of harm's way, that standing up in a 'shoot at me, I'm an easy target' pose for the cameras is not the wisest move.

I'm not a Trump apologist. Still don't trust the man. But to this, I will say that after several seconds on the ground being dog-piled by a cadre of SS agents (several seconds that probably felt like minutes), he probably felt pretty certain that the threat has been neutralised and that - being the showman that he has always been - it was an opportune moment to make a statement.

No, probably wasn't wise, but I can see how the reasoning worked in his mind.

He had just been shot. 43 Seconds seems irrationally short period of time to do a photo op, and the Secret Service staff around him at the time weren't acting like the shooter had been neutralized.

What did Trump say about it?

He said some stupid stuff about being shot for democracy (like that is what denying elections is all about).

He was shot because of easy access to firearms (something that Trump had done nothing to restrict), and because his whole campaign is divisive and promotes outrage, of the type that riles up the kooks and those who believe all the online invective and propaganda.

Easy Access to Firearms eh ? You Do Realize Crooks BORROWED that Firearm from his LIBERAL Father and Lied to him that he was just going to the Shooting Range to Practice , Right Naughts ?

You just keep trying so hard not to see the bleeding obvious.

Are you one of those willfully ignorant people that think that "AR" stands for assault rifle?

Please define the term assault rifle please, in your best leftist.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Clearly Fly, Trump supporters jo jos are un-frostable. You don' think I know that after all these years?

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hos ? Do you call all females Hos or just the ones you don't like?

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Why differentiate between gun deaths by suicide, and gun deaths by other means? They are still all gun deaths.

Hey I agree.

Why don't we also add defensive uses of firearms in those same statistics?

You know, because we all of a sudden actually care about saving lives.....

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Is Time relevant, that being still a thing?

I wonder why the answer is no.....

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

" guilty pleasure? "

Seriously Naughts ? You are Going there ? .........

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Hey I agree.

Why don't we also add defensive uses of firearms in those same statistics?

You know, because we all of a sudden actually care about saving lives.....

Sure, gun deaths by 'defensive use' of guns are still gun deaths.

And just about everyone who shoots someone else, claims it was self defence. Here's an example from today's news:

Video shows Illinois police fatally shoot woman in her home

So, yeah, add the 'defensive use' shooters, because we all know its really the standard BS that every murderer tries.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The real question is why do you want to take away our right to own firearms?

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Hos ? Do you call all females Hos or just the ones you don't like?

No , just the ones who have a Documented History of Hoing . Ergo....

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I thought that when someone is shooting at you, and a stack of people are trying to keep you down out of harm's way, that standing up in a 'shoot at me, I'm an easy target' pose for the cameras is not the wisest move.

I'm not a Trump apologist. Still don't trust the man. But to this, I will say that after several seconds on the ground being dog-piled by a cadre of SS agents (several seconds that probably felt like minutes), he probably felt pretty certain that the threat has been neutralised and that - being the showman that he has always been - it was an opportune moment to make a statement.

He had just been shot. 43 Seconds seems irrationally short period of time to do a photo op, and the Secret Service staff around him at the time weren't acting like the shooter had been neutralized.

He said some stupid stuff about being shot for democracy (like that is what denying elections is all about).

He was shot because of easy access to firearms (something that Trump had done nothing to restrict), and because his whole campaign is divisive and promotes outrage, of the type that riles up the kooks and those who believe all the online invective and propaganda.

Easy Access to Firearms eh ? You Do Realize Crooks BORROWED that Firearm from his LIBERAL Father and Lied to him that he was just going to the Shooting Range to Practice , Right Naughts ?

Are you one of those willfully ignorant people that think that "AR" stands for assault rifle?

It is believed that the AR is short for ArmaLite Rifle. The ArmaLite company designed the rifle and then sold the patent to Colt in 1963. Due to the popularity of the design, it has been copied by numerous other manufacturers other than Colt.

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban specifically restricted the sale of the Colt AR-15 and derivatives in the United States, so I suppose that by legal definition, AR-15 style rifles are 'assault weapons' by their explicit inclusion in the legislation:

1994 Ban Assault Weapon Definition

edit on 2024-07-23T22:17:21-05:0010Tue, 23 Jul 2024 22:17:21 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It was a financial decision. Put Trump on the cover and they would lose their already small subscription numbers as the left would RREEeee over it. Putting Harris on it and the right doesn't care, most likely, they do not even have a subscription and the mag would gain more left subscriptions.

The big question is whether she has the shortest time in office since the 1800s. 31 days is the record, then 199 days.
edit on x31Tue, 23 Jul 2024 22:21:26 -05002024204America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jul 2024 22:21:26 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban specifically restricted the sale of the Colt AR-15 and derivatives in the United States, so I suppose that by legal definition, AR-15 style rifles are 'assault weapons' by their explicit inclusion in the legislation:

It lists just about every gun including shotguns and handguns with more than 5 rounds, 2 rounds in some cases. BTW it wasn't constitutional.
edit on x31Tue, 23 Jul 2024 22:29:47 -05002024204America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jul 2024 22:29:47 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   

yeah I know that history as well as you I think. They dated and he appointed her to two rather unimportant committees. He was married and told her he was getting a divorce. He changed his mind and she broke up with him. That is the only documentation there is. Call that hoing do you?

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I did not Mention Willie Brown or Montel Williams . Kamala has a " History " before she ever met them . You need to do a little more research there Monks ...........*)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

It is believed that the AR is short for ArmaLite Rifle. The ArmaLite company designed the rifle and then sold the patent to Colt in 1963. Due to the popularity of the design, it has been copied by numerous other manufacturers other than Colt.

That was passed into law by Bill Clinton and expired in September 13, 2004.

I know you are old, but do you understand that we are 20 years past that point here in America, a place where you don't live?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join