It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden is Out

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I think there's been some proof of standards being lowered. Just look at Biden's records (himself included). šŸ˜Š

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just gonna drop this here.

I think its apt and relevant.

link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Looks like there was at least one woman of color more qualified...

Which prompts the question:
How do these DEI supporters feel about someone lying about their "diversity" in order to advance their career?
Why hasn't Pocahontas been kicked to the curb for taking away opportunities from actual DEI candidates?
I'd really like to know.

edit on 7 24 2024 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Vermilion

And wait till somebody details Kamala's visits to the drug nation triangles in Asia and Central America right after she was given The Border "Assignment". The smuggling routes to America have never been safer! šŸ¤¤šŸ’„

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

C'monnn...

...maaaan...?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

But if you said you will only choose from a group of black lesbians in wheelchairs

Why are you equating Kamala Harris to a group of black lesbians in wheelchairs? Why can't you be honest and say that you didn't believe that Biden could find a popular, qualified woman of color as his running mate, and that in your opinion, he never did?

Why is her career as a DA, an AG and Senator not enough to be VP? Why is JD Vance more qualified than Kamala was?

As the thread title is Biden is Out, it seems speaking about who's replacing him is germane to the content, but that's not for me to decide.

Sookie, I'm running out of ways to say this, so I sincerely hope you can "phone a friend" or something. Biden might have lucked into the greatest VP pick in the history of VP picks when he chose. But he said it out loud, to everyone, even the left, that he was going to pick a woman of color to be his VP. Now doing that, rules out anyone who isn't female or of color. Now, are there any choices on the left that are not women, or of color who might have been good choices as well, or is the bench on the left so pathetic that this is the best they could do?

Harris wasn't a good choice when she was running against Joe and calling him a racist rapist, but she was a black(ish) woman, so she was THE choice.

I hope this at the very least sinks in a bit. Just in case you ever need to find someone to hire for an important task.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

what did she do to succeed in the VP position?

The President's successes are the Vice President's successes, and vice-versa. VPs are not autonomous. They serve the President and serve as President of the Senate. They represent the President and the President's policies and goals.

conversely, she owns all the failures as well, right?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Failures? Like the Chips Act? Like the Trillion-dollar infrastructure bill that Trump never got done? Like lower drug prices, declining inflation and low unemployment? Or failures like Trump demanding Republican legislators not to fix immigration by passing that long in the works, bipartisan immigration bill?

edit on 4320242024k03America/Chicago2024-07-24T13:03:43-05:0001pm2024-07-24T13:03:43-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Vote.org has revealed they saw a 700% increase in daily voter registrations in the 48 hours following Biden's announcement. This amounts to about 38,500 new registrations. 83% of the new registrants fall in the 18-34 demographic.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

As the thread title is Biden is Out, it seems speaking about who's replacing him is germane to the content, but that's not for me to decide.

Sookie, I'm running out of ways to say this, so I sincerely hope you can "phone a friend" or something.

Don't patronize me!
You're the one who said:

You are trying to find a specific benefit to your ticket. But if you said you will only choose from a group of black lesbians in wheelchairs, your choices are limited.

So, Why are you conflating Kamala Harris' selection as VP to a group of black lesbians in wheelchairs?
edit on 0220242024k08America/Chicago2024-07-24T13:08:02-05:0001pm2024-07-24T13:08:02-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Failures? Like the Chips Act? Like the Trillion-dollar infrastructure bill that Trump never got done? Like lower drug prices, declining inflation and low unemployment? Or failures like Trump demanding Republican legislators not to fix immigration by passing that long in the works, bipartisan immigration bill?

I was thinking of the border being wide open by design, the economy being in the toilet due to massive spending, crime skyrocketing in blue cities, and illegal immigrants being treated much better than US citizens, but you may like those things, I just don't, and the two people I spoke to the other day agreed. So there is at least 3 of us that think this way.

And did we really need to throw money at the border issue to get more and faster processing done? that border bill was for that reason.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Let's cut the BS.

Here is the Truth of Harris. She is the idealized California Democrat in the legacy of Barbara Boxer. Maybe not as anti-war, but trending that progressive direction.

She graduated from Howard and was accepted to UC Hastings via an affirmative action program. She didn't necessarily excel, but wasn't a dud either.

Passed the bar on second attempt (60% fail first attempt in CA).

All quotes from her wiki page.

In 1990, Harris was hired as a deputy district attorney in Alameda County, California, where she was described as "an able prosecutor on the way up".[54] In 1994, Speaker of the California Assembly Willie Brown, who was then dating Harris, appointed her to the state Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and later to the California Medical Assistance Commission

Oh noes, she dated an older guy and he gave her two jobs!

That doesn't happen in politics!? Ever! /sarcasm.

Good for her for doing what she needed to do for her will to power. Total pass from me. Cleopatra can be an archetype for powerful women. How much has really changed since then?

In February 1998, San Francisco district attorney Terence Hallinan recruited Harris as an assistant district attorney. There she became the chief of the Career Criminal Division, supervising five other attorneys, where she prosecuted homicide, burglary, robbery, and sexual assault cases ā€“ particularly three-strikes cases.

And from there is an upward trajectory that mirrors Gov. Newsom. They were meant to fall up.

That's California.

There's a certain air here. And while you may see "Affirmative action whore," the "Professor Emiritus at Stanford" and "cancer researcher" parents puts you in a different category, even more so if your a mixed-race female.

Once declared a political "up and comer" it's a golden state for you.

It's groomed by California pedigree. (music video)

She has done progressive democrat things. Like what happened in 2000 at the SF DA.

In 2000, Harris reportedly clashed with Hallinan's assistant, Darrell Salomon,[58] over Proposition 21, which granted prosecutors the option of trying juvenile defendants in Superior Court rather than juvenile courts. Harris campaigned against the measure, which passed. Salomon opposed directing media inquiries about Prop 21 to Harris and reassigned her, a de facto demotion. Harris filed a complaint against Salomon and quit

There is her discernable political lean. Somewhat soft on crime and overly harsh penalties. That translates into her lax humanitarian mindset on other policies. Like the border. And that appeals to all the other progressive democrats. Because that's the party line.

Lax open borders and overloaded charity organizations before inhumane expulsion is the party line on immigration. Not to dilute white conservatives out of existence, but like a hippie at a festival:

I believe in one spirit. One consciousness in which we are all interconnected. Mean border policies that persecute our brothers and sisters just because they want to share our life is harsh and prejudice. We should strive to welcome them, even the illegals, and do all we can to help improve their situation once here. I want to just hug the world and say you're all beautiful the way you are, and welcome, we have room, man!

That's the party difference and why ANYTHING she does is a failure to the right. Especially when it often follows a comical type-A democrat trajectory.

Republicans aren't supposed to need convincing of it. She might pick off a few in the middle, but she most assuredly is continuation of Biden without sleepy Joe.

edit on 24-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Sookie, I'm running out of ways to say this, so I sincerely hope you can "phone a friend" or something.

Don't patronize me!
You're the one who said:

You are trying to find a specific benefit to your ticket. But if you said you will only choose from a group of black lesbians in wheelchairs, your choices are limited.

So, Why are you conflating Kamala Harris' selection as VP to a group of black lesbians in wheelchairs?

wow, this is awkward. Well, the conversation is the same one. He said that he was limiting his choices to a black female. Could you offer a list of black females in the political spectrum that could have been his choices in 2020? If you do that, and you understand that, then think about the other part of my question.

Is your bench sofaking pitiful, that your best choice was the black lady who couldn't get any meaningful votes in her own state, let alone any other state? If so, then this all make sense. But if there were ANY other choices, then my point has been made. Not to you, as you seem incapable of understanding this, but for everyone else.
edit on 24-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Would probably also be easier to get an immigration bill passed if there wasn't so much other spending in the proposed bills that have more to do with lining the pockets of the left and have nothing to do with the immigration issue itself.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Vote.org has revealed they saw a 700% increase in daily voter registrations in the 48 hours following Biden's announcement. This amounts to about 38,500 new registrations. 83% of the new registrants fall in the 18-34 demographic.

Yes, we are well aware of ActBlue and how they operate.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

She most assuredly is continuation of Biden without sleepy Joe.

yes. without a doubt. And those of us who aren't fans of the current direction of the nation, understand that changing the paint color might look new and fresh for a bit, the kitchen is still upstairs, and the bathroom still doesn't have a toilet.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

The Legions will save American from Kamala!! šŸ˜Š

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Kamala is notorious for high turnover rates with her staffā€¦

ā€œItā€™s clear that youā€™re not working with somebody who is willing to do the prep and the work,ā€ another told the Washington Post in 2021, describing Ms Harrisā€™s ā€œconstant amount of soul-destroying criticism and also her own lack of confidenceā€.
The staffer added it amounted to ā€œpropping up a bullyā€.

ā€˜Bullyingā€™ leaves Kamala Harris without a top team for White House bid.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Her ex-staffers surely didnā€™t donate to her.
Another red flag.šŸš©

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

You can keep ignoring all the signs that there's a huge groundswell of support behind Kamala, especially among young voters.

Just don't act like it came out of nowhere when she wins in November.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

All that for her, yet she can't assemble any detailed plans for how she will accomplish all the goals she dreams of for America. Has she actually accomplished anything that benefitted the majority of the populations she's ever represented and detailed the plans ahead of time ?? šŸ˜€

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join