It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass cyber attack happening right now Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Software engineering marvels at work!!!! 😃💥

Aliens or unknown rays from the Sun.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Let's think about what would be more likely:

1. A major tech company not testing their updates. The updates being pushed out almost exactly at the same time, instead of a rolling basis, so there is no time to stop the update before it caused world wide issues? The issue is so major another patch just couldn't easily fix it.

2. This is the predicted cyber attack on our infrastructure. The Cloud Flare story was a cover.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Experts are being contacted !!!!

Yep, Europe also:

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Software engineering marvels at work!!!! 😃💥

Aliens or unknown rays from the Sun.

Not Putin? He is normally the jack of all trades when the absolutely flawless and morally superior West needs a culprit for a mess that West created by itself. I hope my good/bad image of the world doesn't falter, i haven't heard any accusations against Putin yet. Do i have to hate someone new now so that i'm still one of the good ones? Maybe i just didn't get the newsletter and that makes me a bit nervous now. I have no idea what to think anymore to be one of the good ones, damn it...

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
a reply to: KM22MK

Wow this is bad, they claim Crowdstrike caused the issue. Supposedly they were doing a security update.

Cannot understand why the updates could moot be regionalised to diversify the risk of a world wide outage.

I cannot understand on how one company could cause such a widespread outage.

Is this a cover story, I wonder.

Aaaannnd, once again folks I see a Blackrock connection. Probably coincidence, but a few months ago Blackrock filed a 13G/A form detailing their reduction of Crowdshare stock. On February 1, 2024 they disclosed that they owned 6.6% of the company, but now have reduced that to 6.1%. So, really this amount doesn't mean much, but wanted to throw it out there.

I think my tinfoil hat fits too tight this week, but I have been immersed in researching the connections of JD Vance and Billionaire Tech industry players, including Peter Theil. I do not wish to elaborate here any more, but feel free to look into it if you are bored! It is quite interesting. I will say that I also noticed Peter Theil attended this year's Bilderberg meeting as well as Alex Karp of PLTR.

May all of you on here have a great weekend, and stay safe out there.

Blackrock 13G/A form

edit on 19-7-2024 by TruthJava because: added text

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Everything is fine in Russia. There are no glitches. This is the result of sanctions and import substitution.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Everything is fine in Russia. There are no glitches. This is the result of sanctions and import substitution.

Well now, that is concerning news, or should be.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Last night at 6:00 PM Xbox Live went down. It did not come back up until this morning. It’s core services, for logging in, profiles, and all the credit card purchasing, plus other sub nets dedicated to customer accounts were down. Everything else you could access, but if you were going to game, or stream anything, you were going to be out of luck.

I assumed it was just something with Xbox live, and had no idea that it was something across the board, all over the world and it seems more to be focused on anything having to do with money, finance and any systems linked to personal identity, and billing. Though there have been reports of a lot of industrial operations shut down as well as lots of infrastructure. Here where I live, the state offices are experiencing an outage currently that started at 9:00AM and have yet to be resolved.

While I get that Crowdstrike is saying that it’s not their fault, and other people are saying it’s nothing, just a goof, I believe this is a test for when they do the hard run on the internet that will disrupt everything. Imagine having money in your bank account one moment, and then when you go back, it’s all zeroed out because of a computer glitch. All your wealth stolen by a cabal of bankers, using a Microsoft update as cover.

Anyway, it’s not just Australia, it’s everywhere it seems. Be safe out there. a reply to: Cavemannick

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Could be that Russia has better programmers. a reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Unseendimension

It’s just that Russia is now completely isolated, as you wanted. The Russian product actually works better and does not depend on outside influences.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 19-7-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thank goodness NYC just coincidently conducted a drill regarding IT outages.

They must have really good planners to have all these tests right before the real thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Wow! to both your posts.
Some disturbing connections there..

Anyone remember this guy-its another wild prediction!

'Living Nostradamus' predicted Microsoft outage three months ago:
Brazilian psychic said world would suffer a 'three day tech blackout' in 2024 - and now he claims it may lead to an 'escalation of confrontation'

www.dailymail.co.uk... -three-day-tech-blackout-2024-claims-lead-escalation-confrontation.html

My prediction is that in a few days we will find out one or more major companies or elite individuals somehow managed to make billions from this event..

edit on 19-7-2024 by onestonemonkey because: sp

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else posted this or not, but this is what I've heard from work (I work in cybersecurity consulting). Crowdstrike pushed a kernel-level update that overrode customer preferences when they applied their updates. So this means that typically, customers have a choice on when they want to apply an update; most of them have a test group of systems they apply that update to to determine if it will cause problems with their systems. Crowdstrike bypassed this as it wasn't a typical signature update and a more critical platform update. It doesn't make what they did right, but it explains some of its rationale. Yes, we were also impacted, but about the worst that's happened is I came downstairs to a rebooted work system.

a reply to: Daughter2v2
Regular testing of disaster recovery plans in mature organizations should happen at a minimum of annually, with a recommendation of quarterly testing. This is either through direct failover testing of systems to backups or through tabletop exercises that are basically a mock drill. There's really nothing suspicious about it as I'm sure there are hundreds of companies of various sizes, also government entities that have gone through this process in the last month or so since it's halfway through the year.
edit on 7/19/2024 by Hypntick because: Additional Reply

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

A side string of the newCOINTELPRO division. 🥶️

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

His stock selling is likely due to an RSU vest period, which is relatively common practice in organizations that grant company RSUs. For example, when I worked in organizations with RSUs, everyone who had vests that came up would typically sell them immediately. I'm sure some of my sell orders would look fishy, too, until you looked back and noticed I did it every three months regardless of share price.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Wait until there's an MS Azure outage that will take down their cloud infrastructure and their Defender for Endpoint product (their version of Crowdstrike's product). I'm working with a client right now who is heavily reliant on MS security products, and that is one of the findings that will be in their reporting. Never a good idea to have all of your eggs in one basket.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Right. This guy's actions can automatically be shrugged off as completely normal. It's not like he's prior FBI involved in a political conspiracy or anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The same thing would happen if SentinelOne pushed out a similar update, MS Defender for Endpoint, or any central EDR platform. Some are better than others, and you end up with a market saturation like this, where a single issue impacts a significant group of customers. The same would and has happened to the major ISPs, like AT&T, when they push out a bad BGP update, and it breaks their connections for a while. While I know everyone wants to cry cyber attack on this, it's really nothing more than bad patch testing and overriding customer preferences for updates.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join