It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass cyber attack happening right now Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Now this issue is spreading worldwide, it really called into question how all systems are relying on a sole vendor for updates.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KM22MK

goes to show how easy this actually is.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Seems worldwide you can add Switzerland to the list...

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Lol, well at least it wasn’t a trencher ripping up a fibre optic cable.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Msm are blaming the Crowdstrike update, which means it's mere coincidence that yesterday CHAPS banking payments went down?

Probably is, but it's a little kooky

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kyleisboss

That’s worrying I’ve seen hot pours go wrong on YouTube. When things are computer controlled and go wrong I’d run

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
a reply to: Hypntick

Now this issue is spreading worldwide, it really called into question how all systems are relying on a sole vendor for updates.

Blame 'The Cloud'

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Good that it’s bac up, it’s becoming a crappy situation all these hack, theft of data etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

For once and it pains me to say its not The Cult of Gates' fault.
Crowdstike pushed out an update thats bricking machines.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:00 AM
link   

This is big. Many are still sleeping and are unaware. But it's amazing albeit not surprising how vulnerable we all really are. I guess Crowdstrike really earned it's name.

Can anyone say 'dry run', just for the record? There will be a few eyes opened from this and I'm sure, some big changes. But my question is, where's the protection against this? Cuz I'm not seeing it.

edit on th31202400000031bFri, 19 Jul 2024 05:34:54 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   
There are some problems going on with the banks. Started at about 3-5pm today. About 3-4 hours ago from posting this. Know one person that had a short term issues with efpos yesterday. Been people writing down IOU's, cash is getting used a lot more.

From my bank logging on, that still works.

We are aware of a large-scale technical outage affecting a number of companies.

CommBank services are still available including NetBank, the CommBank app, CommBiz, merchant payments and our ATMs.

edit on 19-7-2024 by kwaka because: grammer

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

www.bitchute.com... From redacted they have been practicing a cyber attack for years and are working it so anyone they pick on can be blamed to start a war with, the strange thing is Russia has been in on the drills . This journalist has a load of leaked documents, and thinks that was why Julian Assange was locked up for so long.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For any IT folks having the issues, so far the following fix from crowdstrike has been working for us. Some others at our company, have been rebooting several times in order for their machines staying connected long enough to get the reverted update.

Tech Alert | Windows crashes related to Falcon Sensor | 2024-07-19 (crowdstrike.com)

-----------------------------------------------------

Summary

CrowdStrike is aware of reports of crashes on Windows hosts related to the Falcon Sensor.
Details

Symptoms include hosts experiencing a bugcheckblue screen error related to the Falcon Sensor.
This issue is not impacting Mac- or Linux-based hosts
Channel file "C-00000291*.sys" with timestamp of 0527 UTC or later is the reverted (good) version.
Current Action

CrowdStrike Engineering has identified a content deployment related to this issue and reverted those changes.
If hosts are still crashing and unable to stay online to receive the Channel File Changes, the following steps can be used to workaround this issue:
Workaround Steps:

Reboot the host to give it an opportunity to download the reverted channel file. If the host crashes again, then:
Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment
Navigate to the C:WindowsSystem32driversCrowdStrike directory
Locate the file matching “C-00000291*.sys”, and delete it.
Boot the host normally.
Note: Bitlocker-encrypted hosts may require a recovery key.

Latest Updates

2024-07-19 05:30 AM UTC | Tech Alert Published.
2024-07-19 06:30 AM UTC | Updated and added workaround details.
2024-07-19 08:08 AM UTC | Updated
Support

Find answers and contact Support with our Support Portal
Was this helpful?YesNoCreate Case

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Interesting! I'd assumed yesterday that the CHAPS issue may be designed to make people more receptive to CBDC rollout, using the message that CBDCs don't fail like this. However, todays events are more than CBDC and the 2 issues being just a day apart is hard to ignore and write off as coincidence

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
Wasn't me. True.

I wuz just petting me drop bear wen it happened.

True as aye!

Bally in the Aust.

I think I would pay money just to hear you talk. I have the voice in my head, up there, Crocodile Dundee would ask you to repeat yourself because he didn't catch the accent.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Tracks are being covered as we speak. Somebody needed this level of outage to get some critical scrubbing done.
I wonder who?
And pertaining to what?

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Love it !!

The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds.

Ah that brings me back, excellent tune thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Word is National Australia Bank has been hacked. There internet services are down while the other banks still have some functionality.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just occurred to me wonder what else might be happening in the world today that this outage could conveniently distract us from 🤔

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join