It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,100 Migrants Arrived in First 10 Days of Labour Government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I guess my train of thought was to the other member where these illegal immigrants can't apply for other legal workers' potential jobs that require proper paperwork. The jobs illegal immigrants do, regular legal workers have better choices.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

They do overlap through.

Especially where the likes of the building trade and contractors are concerned.

Same with semiskilled factory work.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They do overlap through.

Especially where the likes of the building trade and contractors are concerned.

Same with semiskilled factory work.

I imagine so, but because of necessity for the employer to stay in business (?)
edit on q00000003731America/Chicago1313America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well, that would depend on the business and the employer.

But should they really be in business.

If indeed they are willing to play the wage theft game?

Considering the fact that they choose to exploit some of the most vulnerable members of society.

Pay them peanuts and work them like slaves.

Never mind help keep people from the nation.

Who actually require employment from gaining such at any sort of competitive rate.

Employers that use these people are on par with the people who traffic the poor sods here by my guess.

And part of a very vicious circle.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

These illegal immigrants would not be applying for the job, just show up and do the job, right?

Illegal immigrants aren't the only problem , 750,000 people came here legally last year , they need housing , jobs and public services which when they're in short supply is causing problems for Brits.

Our standard of life is falling so theirs can rise , I don't see that as fair.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Lots of these 'legal' immigrants and those with refugee status get employed in various industries as temps; they are employed on zero hour contracts - if any at all - and are only drafted in as and when required sometimes at incredibly short notice.
They have very few employment rights, they don't receive premium rates and get paid even less than full-time or permanent employees.

Zero hour contracts have played a large part in driving the low wage economy that afflicts the UK.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

One thing at a time mate.

First of all stem the the tide of illegal immigrants.
Then sift through those here and get rid of the assorted trash that have become resident here.
Then tighten existing regulations regarding legal immigration.

We absolutely must NOT restrict all immigration, all cultures and societies require a certain amount of flux and new thoughts/ideas etc if they are to continuously grow and develop.

As I stated previously those who came here in the 50's and 60's etc have done nothing but benefit the UK.
Our creaking NHS system - something definitely worth fighting for - would have been broken a long time ago if not for those legal immigrants and their descendants.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Zero hour contracts have played a large part in driving the low wage economy that afflicts the UK.

King's Speech - zero hours contracts to be banned within new government's first 100 days in office.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Typical stuck up english snobbery at its worst.

That's NOT English snobbery mate....to be honest its a bit lazy to say so.
I know quite a few people of different nationalities who spout the same #e.....including Irish.

Yeah i know, you're right.

I was just so enraged i couldnt think straight.

Look at what i quoted, saying that about me.

Arseholery would be a better term for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Starmer's plan to tackle illegal migration is to blow £84m in Africa and Middle East on "humanitarian projects" saying it's a "vital part of gripping the migration crisis".

Sir Keir Starmer has announced £84m of new funding for projects across Africa and the Middle East to curtail migration.

This includes humanitarian and health support, he says, as well as skills training and access to education.

The prime minister says this is a "vital part of gripping the migration crisis".

"And it shows how we're going to do business on the world stage," he adds.

"We are facing up to the huge issues beyond our shores."

These problems "echo at home", Sir Keir says.
news.sky.com...

What an idiot.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Whaaat?!!!

Idiot?

No. Feckwit!

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Isn't it worth it to try something rather than nothing? It's only 84 million, a drop in your country's GDP bucket.

Sir Keir said Thursday's EPC meeting had seen the government "resetting our approach" and "deepening our cooperation" with European partners in order to tackle illegal migration, including increasing the UK's presence at Europol, agreeing new cooperation arrangements with Slovenia and Slovakia on tackling organised crime, and a commitment to share more intelligence "to put the gangs out of business".

He said: "We are going to smash the gangs, break their business model and secure our borders."

news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Isn't it worth it to try something rather than nothing? It's only 84 million, a drop in your country's GDP bucket.

It's 84 million of tax payers money that will mostly be eaten up by corruption in the countries it's destined for , it will have no effect on the migrants coming here because it's little more than a F.U to Conservatives , they're probably having a right giggle in Labour HQ.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Multiculturism in full effect in Leeds this evening.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It's all kicking off in Leeds by the looks of it.

edit on 18-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Starmer's plan to tackle illegal migration is to blow £84m in Africa and Middle East on "humanitarian projects" saying it's a "vital part of gripping the migration crisis".

Sir Keir Starmer has announced £84m of new funding for projects across Africa and the Middle East to curtail migration.

This includes humanitarian and health support, he says, as well as skills training and access to education.

The prime minister says this is a "vital part of gripping the migration crisis".

news.sky.com...

What an idiot.

But, but, but they are fleeing because they say their lives are in danger and in fear of persecution in their own country. How does skills training and access to education suddenly make their lives safer ?

Starmer has just adnitted they are economic migrants.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

news.sky.com...

What an idiot.

But, but, but they are fleeing because they say their lives are in danger and in fear of persecution in their own country. How does skills training and access to education suddenly make their lives safer ?

I read they are going after the gangs there.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

news.sky.com...

What an idiot.

The gangs operate in Europe. Unless the migrants are carrying rubber dinghy's from Africa etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Action AT LAST. Small however.

UK border force ship returns Channel migrants to France for the first time as Keir Starmer and Emanuel Macron put on an old pals act at Blenheim Palace summit

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 18 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

news.sky.com...

What an idiot.

The gangs operate in Europe. Unless the migrants are carrying rubber dinghy's from Africa etc.

Then giving others a leg up through education may help, why not try?

"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join