It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 27 Presidential Debate livestream

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

Yeah I saw Biden choke and it was frustrating. I also saw what he was trying to get across and it was honest and decent, you could clearly see the respect he has for the position.

Donald Trump on the other hand came across as a dodgy sales man with the gift of the gab.

You do know that Biden lied about 2 dozen times, right? Biden didn't choke, it's his brain...geez when are you all going to accept that.

Can you link one thing that Trump said was dodgy? Most of the debate was Biden lying his ass off and then Trump had to correct him.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Trump is an outsider. A 90’s D running as R but unrelated and not in the control of this evil. That is why they hate him and are trying to destroy him. He has directly stated the same info I listed above.

What people fail to see is Trump is that independent all these people want, they just do not know what one looks like.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

These ones?

BBC News - Live updates: Biden vows to stay in race as Trump hails 'big victory' in debate - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk...

"Donald Trump gave a confident performance in the Atlanta debate - but there were also clear falsehoods:

"He's got the largest deficit in the history of our country"

Trump claimed that Biden has led the US to a record deficit. According to data from the US treasury, external, the deficit peaked while Trump was in the White House at $3.13tn (£2.48tn). By 2023, with Biden in office, it had declined to $1.7tn
"He wants open borders. He wants our country to be destroyed or he wants to pick up those people as voters"

Joe Biden has never endorsed an open US border. When he took office, Biden did reverse some of Trump's immigration policies, including a programme that required migrants to remain in Mexico while waiting for their US asylum hearings. But Biden has embraced some restrictive policies
"The problem they have is they’re radical because they will take the life of a child in the eighth month, the ninth month, and even after birth, after birth"

Trump said that some Democratic-run states will allow "babies" to be killed "after birth". This is not true. Infanticide is illegal in all 50 states. Even in states with expansive abortion access, abortions after 21 weeks pregnancy are rare and difficult to obtain - representing less than 1% of all abortions, external in the US"

edit on 28-6-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Did Joe really say that he is pro-choice in part because there are a lot of young women who are being raped by their sisters?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
My mind is spinning from that one. How would that even happen 😁😁😁😁

The funniest part is he'll probably do it too. 🤯

He will tell Biden we will provide air combat support on a shock and awe level that will make your little puny WWI style of war disappear in a week if you do not pack up and go home.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2
a reply to: putnam6

If they do plan on replacing Biden, I'm sure they would want the vote done virtually instead of lovely Chicago.

Can you imagine something like that happening during riots?

Yeah, I think the plan is to have it settled before the convention, or thats what one commentator said in a news clip.

The convention will likely be riotous and now probably more so. The DNC sounds fractured a bit, but riots aren't going to solve anything. Hard to believe they didn't think of this possibility, and not have contingency plans. If the Admin is consulting Obama, which they should do, I imagine he will find a way to turn down the heat in his hometown.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think he’d be better on the borders.

But it’s hard to say if he’d be able to simply end wars. Israel Palestine has never ended, only paused. I don’t see how he’d get Putin to settle with the statement last night the current terms are unacceptable. Though, I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

As for the economy, companies were posting record quarters and prices were going up while products were shrinking in size. Stock market has been going up with prices. I fail to see how giving corporations money benefits the average American. Instead the tax cuts create a deficit that we pay through inflation and interest.

Trickle down doesn’t work. Economics isn’t hard, and anyone who tries to say they’ve figured out the “secret” makes things worse. Clinton claimed to have a surplus, really he just changed the terms on the loans to look favorable short term.

If we want to cut back on debt and inflation it’s pretty easy, make spending less than revenue. If sucks, it’s not sexy, and it takes time.

No president or politician wants to be the one to do it because they’re hated for it.

But I fail to see how cutting taxes and increasing spending will magically make debt go down. The argument is you get companies to come back and people create businesses and spend money, but there’s no magic way for free money. You have to run a balanced book.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Trump claimed that Biden has led the US to a record deficit. According to data from the US treasury, external, the deficit peaked while Trump was in the White House at $3.13tn (£2.48tn). By 2023, with Biden in office, it had declined to $1.7tn
"He wants open borders. He wants our country to be destroyed or he wants to pick up those people as voters"

You do know every year prior to the pandemic Trump was well below 1 trillion. The pandemic hit and it jumped to 3 trillion because of it. If we removed Trump's 2019 and Biden's 2020 then Trump was well under 1 trillion and Biden was well over 1.5 trillion per year.

Joe Biden has never endorsed an open US border. When he took office, Biden did reverse some of Trump's immigration policies, including a programme that required migrants to remain in Mexico while waiting for their US asylum hearings. But Biden has embraced some restrictive policies.

Removed some?????????? Started to tear down the wall too, Biden doesn't need to indorse anything, just not do anything... Come on you GOT to admit Biden owns this one, the border has been horrendous ever since Trump left...WHY then?

"The problem they have is they’re radical because they will take the life of a child in the eighth month, the ninth month, and even after birth, after birth"

That is a true statement...

Trump said that some Democratic-run states will allow "babies" to be killed "after birth". This is not true. Infanticide is illegal in all 50 states. Even in states with expansive abortion access, abortions after 21 weeks pregnancy are rare and difficult to obtain - representing less than 1% of all abortions, external in the US"

What do you call an abortion when they pull the head out a little and then suck the brains out? Trump also said he believes in the morning-after bill and that we need a middle ground on abortions, so he isn't pushing a far right-no abortion policy.

BTW F the whole abortion topic, I'm so tired of it, I really don't give a crap anymore.

Lastly, was there anything that Biden said was even remotely based on reality?
edit on x30Fri, 28 Jun 2024 16:26:35 -05002024179America/ChicagoFri, 28 Jun 2024 16:26:35 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Nothing highlights how much ATS has changed, 20 years ago, we had a consensus that virtually all politicians lie, including even good ones lie, and probably lie a lot, hell they have to on some levels if they are going to survive DC. It's how they operate inside the beltway, it's why it ate up an honest Jimmy Carter. It's a little like a game, a dance I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

Nothing wrong with it, per se our system is still infinitely better than almost all countries in the world and certainly better than the one with such a huge population and diversity

but money starts getting tossed around, and people can forget thier scruples if they have any, to begin with.

I like to believe it goes in cycles, as a child of the 70s who watched the end of Nixon, every 20 years or so it hits one party and then the other. Right around when a new generation comes in and naively doesn't understand the whole process.

America moves along like one of those old-time car rides at SixFlags or Disney, you get a crappy driver they aren't capable of keeping the car from slamming into the rail that keeps the country going in the right direction. Right now our driver thinks he is on a carousel

edit on p000000306pm066 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on p000000306pm066 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Resignation or enact the 25th to get him out of there........then hold an open national convention and let the best person win.
Who knows who might come up, not having to fight the primary process.

This is the only logical step for the democrats at this point.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
As for the economy, companies were posting record quarters and prices were going up while products were shrinking in size. Stock market has been going up with prices. I fail to see how giving corporations money benefits the average American. Instead the tax cuts create a deficit that we pay through inflation and interest.

Actually no, our inflation is the 5 trillion we spent needlessly on the pandemic. The US has some of the highest corp taxes in the world. Business operates as if they were flowing down a river called profit and growth. They go with the river current so how do you change that current to come back to America... you add a tariff and lower taxes and magically it is now cheaper to do industry here.

Trickle down doesn’t work. Economics isn’t hard, and anyone who tries to say they’ve figured out the “secret” makes things worse. Clinton claimed to have a surplus, really he just changed the terms on the loans to look favorable short term.

There never was anything called trickle-down, so it isn't a thing. Companies are not just about profit; they are also about growth and that is where a company can invest, and those investments make new jobs.

But I fail to see how cutting taxes and increasing spending will magically make debt go down. The argument is you get companies to come back and people create businesses and spend money, but there’s no magic way for free money. You have to run a balanced book.

Cutting taxes and cutting spending are two different problems.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
Did Joe really say that he is pro-choice in part because there are a lot of young women who are being raped by their sisters?

I think we need to do a fact check on that one...

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Resignation or enact the 25th to get him out of there........then hold an open national convention and let the best person win.
Who knows who might come up, not having to fight the primary process.

This is the only logical step for the democrats at this point.

Yup. Bypass every single democrat voter in the US.
Democrats saving democracy!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I stopped watching when they both started arguing about who had a better golf handicap. Right after they both dodged the question about how they plan to fix the fentinal epidemic plaguing our country...

We're so ****ed regardless of who gets elected.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I stopped watching when they both started arguing about who had a better golf handicap. Right after they both dodged the question about how they plan to fix the fentinal epidemic plaguing our country...

We're so ****ed regardless of who gets elected.

I loved that part.
Biden: "I have a 6 (then, later, 8) handicap."
Trump (shaking head): "No way...I've seen your swing!"

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: pianopraze

Trump is an outsider. A 90’s D running as R but unrelated and not in the control of this evil. That is why they hate him and are trying to destroy him. He has directly stated the same info I listed above.

What people fail to see is Trump is that independent all these people want, they just do not know what one looks like.

Except his not an independent. He simply hijacked the traditionally conservative party and turned it into a full blown cult.

Idk, but I think a real independent candidate would actually be passionate about something. They’d have a resume filled with a lifetime of fighting for what they believe in.

Instead all you bring to the table is a silver spoon feed individual who clearly suffers from narcissistic personality disorder and cares about only one thing… which is the attention being on him.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So brutal & yet so sad too.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Your describing an activist; not an independent.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Living in the UK, I have no horse in the race but in any other walk of life, Mr Biden would be in an old folks home living out the twilight of his years.
Watching the highlights, I was wincing at some of his answers and his whole demeanor.
He looks and sounds like he could fall into a deep sleep at any moment - surely there is someone younger and fitter who could run ?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

So brutal & yet so sad too.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join