It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN high commissioner : Israel may have 'systematically violated' laws of war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can't Israel defend itself without being hated by the world???

Sure! Absolutely they can!! No question about that at all!

BUT...they need to do it all on their own. NOT hiding behind the shield of America.

You bet; they can go right on ahead with their bad-selves...all by themselves.

And, you see, THAT is the issue here. Netanyahu won't do that, else why would he be pleading with the US for weapons? (especially when Israel is one of the leading small arms manufacturers in the world). Netanyahu is smacking the hornets nest with the mistaken belief he can do anything he wants, even against the wishes of the Israeli people...because the US will back him no matter what. Why? Because Netanyahu and his propaganda 'machine' have been semi-successful in recent years in convincing the world they are the "victim" all the time. This ruse is being exposed.

I don't even like the Palestinians, but I'm beginning to dislike Netanyahu's manipulation of public opinion even more.

No more "victim" status. God help the Israeli people who will needlessly die because of Netanyahu's endless efforts to save his political hide. And for what? Nothing, nothing more than Netanyahu himself personally.

I am sorry, DB; I don't like crossing swords with you, I really don't. But on this point we will not agree. I only hope you can see my beef is not with the Israeli people, it is with Netanyahu and his twisted leadership.

edit on 6/21/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   
With all the bombing that Israel did and their ground offensive, if there are thirty two thousand deaths, that is not really many. A hundredth the amount of bombing done on the cities in gaza done on the city of Marquette MI would kill half the people there, about fifteen thousand probably...and injure the rest if it was done without concern for the civilians.

If bombs were dropped in Chicago without any trying to minimizing casualties of civilians, I would bet that quarter of a million would be dead. Israel may not be perfect in it's bombing but it appears that they were trying to target military people in Gaza, not just indiscriminately bombing the city. There will always be some bombs going off target.

I am sure if the US was being attacked by a similar sized military country like Russia, we would launch bombs into the country to cripple the whole country, same with most European countries. If a war broke out with Russia, Europe would try to kill as many potential fighters as they could, civilian or not...just like any major war. If N. Korea launched missiles at our country, we would shoot at the whole country, not just the military, because their military is all over the place, so are their weapons...similar to what is in Gaza.

From what I see, Russia is using restraint to minimize civilian casualties in Ukraine, and so is Israel in Gaza. Remember, in Israel, they are getting bombed regularly too, their iron dome has helped a lot so far, but who knows how long it will last.

I know that most European countries if being attacked like Israel did would launch a major offensive. I am just saying that would be normal, if they didn't respond appropriately in Europe, the people in Europe would probably get mad at their government as many would die. War is hell, it is better to use diplomacy to stop deaths of civilians...Hamas does not seem to want a diplomatic solution, they will use it to restructure then attack again. Plus the can of worms has been opened and bombs are flying into israel from multiple muslim terrorist groups...not just Gaza. The Muslims and jewish have a history of dislike for each other, it is hard to break their centuries long distrust and desire to wage war or protect themself from being destroyed. I think things would have been better if Biden wasn't running the show myself. Trump was trying to do things to help advosaries try to get along, Biden seems to lack in the desire to have nations get along with each other.. War is hell, it always has been. Hopefully the escalation will subside in 2025

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   
HOW TO SPOT A BOT and idf Gov. SHILLS :
REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT COPY PASTE COPY PASTE
AKA 'flyerf'

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: NorthOS

Let me guess at their reply...

And yes, Israel is the victim. They were attacked Oct 7. They are continued to be attacked with rockets coming out of Gaza. They continue to have people try to tie their hands and not let them defend themselves against a bloodthirsty people who are continuing to call for the genocide of the Jews and the destruction of their country

and ....

And yes, Israel is the victim. They were attacked Oct 7. They are continued to be attacked with rockets coming out of Gaza. They continue to have people try to tie their hands and not let them defend themselves against a bloodthirsty people who are continuing to call for the genocide of the Jews and the destruction of their country

and...

and...

Nope, not any repetition there! All original responses there, every single time...every single time...every single time..every single.... Got it? Got it? Got it? Do you understand my erroneous opinion? Do you understand my erroneous opinion? Do you understand my erroneous opinion? Because if they repeat it enough times, they apparently think it will make a difference...difference...difference. It doesn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2024 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
For a little perspective, that tiny red dot in the upper right is Israel; all the blue is occupied by Muslims whose main objective in life is to kill all Jews.

And non of those countries in blue will allow Palestinians into their countries unleess they are filthy rich, which is only a handful and they left long time ago. Palestinians fellow Muslim countries won't even allow woman and children into their country when they are stuck in a war zone.

At some point you have to ask yourself why fellow Muslim countries won't help fellow Muslims from Palestine?
edit on 21-6-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

An occupying regime has no right to self defence .. nor does it have the right to exterminate its population.

To do so, in a predominately ethnic and technically advancing region, can only lead to one result.

This is how at least 80 percent of the world see's it!

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneD
HOW TO SPOT A BOT and idf Gov. SHILLS :
REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT COPY PASTE COPY PASTE
AKA 'flyerf'

a reply to: NorthOS

Let me guess at their reply...

and ....

and...

and...

Nope, not any repetition there! All original responses there, every single time...every single time...every single time..every single.... Got it? Got it? Got it? Do you understand my erroneous opinion? Do you understand my erroneous opinion? Do you understand my erroneous opinion? Because if they repeat it enough times, they apparently think it will make a difference...difference...difference. It doesn't.

In this case you’re the bot. You do exactly what you’re saying others do, you’re a propagandist, paid or not. Your very statement above proves my point, flip the script, right starman? Big yawn 🥱
edit on 22-6-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The ignorance is outstanding.
Should Poland just take in all the Ukrainians too then ?
Dumb and then some.

The map shows how TINY the HOME OF PALESTINIANS is,
yet zionists are trying to take it all, leaving the ethnic Pales homeless.
btw
Palestinians are often, all stereo typed as Muslims,
FYI they are Palestinian-CHRISTIANS, Palestinian-jews (non-zionist) TOO!
With their OWN Dialect, Distinctive Culture and Food.
Why do you demand that they move to a muslim country ?? . . .
where they have NO affiliation.
Crusading fascists at it again *sigh*
just pushing apartheism and hate as always.

The crusading haters also wanted the South-Africans to bend over
or move to another country.
Not going to happen without rebellion.
Occupation is illegal period.

edit on 22-6-2024 by ToneD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneD

Palestinians are often, all stereo typed as Muslims, FYI they are Palestinian-CHRISTIANS, Palestinian-jews (non-zionist) TOO!

85% of Palestinians are Muslim bot. “non Zionist”…. Nice touch, as all your socks hate Zionism and mention the fact on every post, imagine that.

edit on 22-6-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: gortex

Oh for Christs sake!

Christ has nothing to do with this , Moses and his vengeful God are running this shebang.

Israel had the opportunity to defend itself before Oct 7th when it was warned by other nations and it's own border security of what was coming , they for reasons unknown chose not to do that , what has been happening since then has gone way beyond "defending themselves" which is why the UN are involved and "friendly nations" are backing away.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I told you, them there stars, they don’t mean what some may think they do.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

What stars?

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Right! We are so civilized we have only killed 10 ,15 or 20 million people in all the wars we have started since the end of WW2.

I said we are civilized I didn't say we are perfect , Humans never are although those numbers seem plucked from thin air.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
palestinians, under the flag of hamas, killed, raped, tortured hundreds of Israelis on October 7th.

The palestinians can either surrender or die.

Their choice.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Imagine Aboriginals today, (in australia, canada, u.s.a, ect.)
if they too
were controlled in an open air prison,
denied fresh clean water,
denied EQUAL RIGHTS,
denied travel,
denied who they could marry
denied to live in their own ANCESTRAL HOMES
denied to keep their OWN CULTURE
denied medical care
denied self thought
We all know what would transpire anywhere else,
if there were a two tiered discriminatory system as zionism.
THERE ARE EVEN IN IRAN SYNAGOGUES YET . .
the nwo zio overlords in srael,
want to TAKE OVER ALL Christian churches
eliminate Mosques, destroy and rewrite history and religion.
nwo zio's are on a crusade
NOT on a peace mission by any means.
F*them
The situation they created is all on them.
cry us a river filled with crocs F*u and their bots+shills
Love with Equality Wins
Discrimination and epstein's payoffs lost from get go.

edit on 22-6-2024 by ToneD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Okay, well, seeing as how we are clearly stating our entrenched positions here, this is mine...

Just so long as not a single US supplied bullet, rocket, or bomb, or US soldier, or military system is involved, then Israel is free to do whatever they wish. 100% of all US Military aid to Israel is permanently suspended, effective immediately. Israel is on their own. There should be no expectation the US will come to Israel's aid no matter what happens to them. If Israel is crushed by Syria, Iran and/or Russia tomorrow morning, Israel is...on...their...own.

The United States will help neither Israel nor the Palestinians.

Lastly, anyone who attempts to interfere with the Suez Canal will be dealt with both immediately and severely.

That is all.

edit - This order shall remain in effect until the following people are removed from political office:
- Prime Minister - Netanyahu
- Minister of Defense
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Minister of Health & Immigration
- Minister of Police
- Minister of Justice
- Minister of Religions and War Victims
- Minister of Internal Affairs
- Minister of Finance
- Minister of Agriculture
- Minister of Labor & Construction
* The Minister of Trade & Industry, and Minister of Transportation, will be allowed to remain subject to approval by incoming Prime Minister and cabinet.

Next up - - Ukraine.

edit on 6/22/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneD

Gaza is Egyptian territory in reality. They told ISrael they will not ask for the land back until the Jordanians acting like a dead people the palestinians are gone. Egypt will not kill them off because they are muslim,but they also refuse to allow them in egypt because they hate them as well.
Gaza is entirely a prison of the jordanians own making and deserve no pity.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It really saddens me to see things end this way with Israel. Israel has been great friend and ally for a long time. Israel has been a great friend to many countries over the years, but they've let one man throw all those things away. And for what? To save his own political skin, his ego and so he can live out his darkest fantasies.

It's a shame to see it all end this way. And the saddest part is, the Israeli people are the biggest losers of all in this. They don't want what Netanyahu craves, blood and conquest. They just want to live like everyone else.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

. They just want to live like everyone else.

The only way they'll be able to do that is with blood and conquest.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Since we are doing cards on the table.

TLDR warning.

I will cry if we ever stopped supporting Israel.

I see numbers that say 82% support and wonder how long that is going to survive.

Then I remember the the Abraham Accords are likely to make a return. Especially considering the total Zionism of our next president.

We could support Israel all day long if Saudi Arabia takes the guardianship from Jordan. Saudi Arabia, even though i totally disdain sharia law, is the lynchpin. I feel their involvement changes the sentiment.

I appreciate the deescalating moves behind the war, Where both Jordan and Saudi Arabia are locked in to a dual role of condemnation and unofficially defending Israel. Saudis gave radar tracking, and some RSAF F-16s. Along with The USA, UK, and France, Jordan shot them down Israeli threats indirectly.

That said it all in my mind.

Iran is the problem, not Israel.

But let's go into the settlement stuff. Because It's the hardest position to defend Israel on, especially in the face of largely pro-palestine International criminal law contingent. You have to read too.

I think the main dispute here is whether or not "Palestine is even sovereign territory."

The status of the West Bank as a militarily occupied territory has been affirmed by the International Court of Justice and, with the exception of East Jerusalem, by the Israeli Supreme Court. The official view of the Israeli government is that the laws of belligerent occupation do not apply to the territories, which it considers instead "disputed", and it administers the West Bank, excepting East Jerusalem, under the Israeli Civil Administration, a branch of the Israeli Ministry of Defense. Considered to be a classic example of an "intractable conflict", the length of Israel's occupation was already regarded as exceptional after two decades, and is now the longest in modern history

But.. When they blockade Gaza, like they did for years leading to this conflict, it may have not been legally a belligerent blockade.

There is, however, another possibility: that Israel’s blockade of Gaza is not a “belligerent blockade” at all, but is instead something akin to a “pacific blockade,” defined by the Dictionary of International Law as “a form of coercive measure short of war, whereby a state (or group of states) bars access to the coast of a state or part of it in order to prevent entry and exit of ships of the state under blockade.”

They actual have to provide more now that they are officially a belligerent.

In the West Bank.

If you consider every settlement a military one they can legally be considered military housing encampment rather than illegal family settlements. Everyone's an IDF family member.

And theses are the grey areas the word is turning on. The loopholes that exempt Israel from the 4th Geneva Conventions for an occupying power.

These are

The occupying power must respect the laws in force in the occupied territory, unless they constitute a threat to its security or an obstacle to the application of the international law of
occupation.

The occupying power must take measures to restore and ensure, as far as possible, civil life
and public order and safety.

To the fullest extent of the means available to it, the occupying power must ensure sufficient
hygiene and public health standards, as well as the provision of food and medical care to the
population under occupation.

The population in occupied territory cannot be forced to enlist in the occupier's armed forces.

Collective or individual forcible transfers of population from and within the occupied territory
are prohibited.

Transfers of the civilian population of the occupying power into the occupied territory, regardless whether forcible or voluntary, are prohibited.

Collective punishment and measures of intimidation are prohibited.

The taking of hostages is prohibited.

Reprisals against protected persons or their property are prohibited.

The confiscation of private property by the occupant is prohibited.

Well, they're sorta screwing up their duties as occupying power, unless they consider it a perpetually disputed terrotory. And there are enough brigades to justify it.

I'll admit Israel is using a loophole of occupied vs disputed to skirt the Geneva Conventions and expand military encampment for civilian populations, and has since 1967. Maybe the world has caught on to that grey area. Or maybe it's not a grey area.

I have an answer I like, but exists somewhere in the clouds.

Mine sets aside Gaza, for now, and calls the rest Israel-Palestine, brings in Saudi Arabia, their presence reassures Palestinians enough to be less brigade prone, the Israel barriers get taken down, and you try a legitimate coexistence, Under Israel, but with a mixed parliment including West Bank (Fatah) representatives.

Who says the world can't try another Grand Experiment? The Two States in One. Where it's under the Israeli model, the military is combined, and you can fly whatever of the Two flags you freaking want.

And Saudis keep guard over Al Aqsa for everyone.

Could that ever work?
edit on 22-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The real tragedy is that Hamas has no intention of peace. And as long as Hamas is in power there is no peace.

One of the persons taken hostage on Oct 7 thought she has Palestinian friends.

In a Hamas video previously seen around the world when she was taken to Gaza, Naama was shown with blood around the crotch of her trousers, with her hands tied and ankles cut.

www.bbc.com...

'I have friends in Palestine': The tragic irony of a peace activist held by Hamas - comment

m.jpost.com... c32c95&utm_adtitle=israeli+soldier%27s+words+to+hamas+captors&dicbo=v4-bch5fv2-1075783007

How can there be peace when Hamas and its supporters that broke a cease fire to sanction murders, rapes, tortures, kidnappings to inflict Oct 7.

Hamas and its supporters are a cancer that needs to be destroyed. Your blatant falsehoods concerning Isreal taking the brunt of a governing terrorist state that wants to set human rights back about 1000 years is sad and gross.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join