It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuclear doctrine and the likelihood of nuclear war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
Russiantroll, I will give you a personal guarantee right now. Not one single F-16 delivered to Ukraine, will be armed with the B61-12, or any other nuclear capable weaponry lol!

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some folks especially in the UK/overseas, don’t really give 2 sh*ts about the everyday Ukrainian there.

They’re comfy behind their keyboards watching, supporting and clapping Ukraine being used as a bullet sponge.

Just like how it’s being more known how NATO in 99’ didn’t actually care for the Muslim extremists in Kosovo.

NATO just used it as a cover to plant one of the biggest bases in southern Europe and Balkans after 99’.

Stripping sovereign land from Serbia.

China watched it. Hell, NATO “accidentally” bombed the Chinese embassy there during it.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Some folks especially in the UK/overseas, don’t really give 2 sh*ts about the everyday Ukrainian there.

In your incorrect opinion.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: FlyersFan
Well, I did everything honestly. All that remains is to fulfill the promise.

Get ready to alienate any empathy or admiration you've garnered from the Right.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Right...left are just terms. In this case, as a first approximation, it is worth talking about supporters of traditional human values ​​and their opponents.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Right...left are just terms. In this case, as a first approximation, it is worth talking about supporters of traditional human values ​​and their opponents.

Then let 'em drop, cowpoke.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Ok I'll think.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ok I'll think.

Your admirable thinking skills are what set you apart from the majority of your critics here.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

it is worth talking about supporters of traditional human values ​​and their opponents.

You should maybe try to have that conversation with the Kremlin about it's futile war in Ukraine and killing of innocent civillians?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I thought we were supposed to have been nuked off the map last Monday?

This is M.A.Dness.

Why do you get all excited about starting WW3?

We all know that Xi won't let you.

So enough of your warmongering empty and impotent threats already.

This is madness.

Poke the bear and eventually nuclear WW3 will come about .
Why play Russian roulettte.

Ukraine is not worth nuclear WW3
Not our war
Not our problem

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

I rather think the bear is poking us.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Except we promised to help defend Ukrainian sovereignty when they got rid of their nukes.

If we capitulate, than nations who are under the umbrella of protection may seek to become nuclear powers. South Korea has thought about doing this recently and I’m sure there are others who aren’t public about it.

The EU only has one nuclear nation, and there are several other regions in earth that have imbalance in power dynamics making nuclear options more appealing.

We still haven’t directly gotten involved. Russia has engaged in proxy warfare against us in the past and even recent history. So it’s not like this is completely unique.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Did I miss something? Is Ukraine under NATO's nuclear protection umbrella?
The entire civilized world perceives this situation as a banal protection of investment in the aborigines.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So it's OK for Russia to use weapons from other countries in Ukraine but it's not OK for Ukraine to use weapons from other countries in Russia ? .... don't fink it works like that , what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander in war.

The continued Nuclear threats are a sign of Putin's weakness , the arrests and demotions in the Kremlin are , I think, the sign of a weak Dictator trying to sure up his position , he fears his "Et tu, Brute" moment is closing in.

As we know Putin started off as a street thug his threats are those of a Bully , he obviously can't take Ukraine militarily so its time to make threats and try to scare some kind of Pyrrhic victory out of the shambolic situation.

His legacy is in pieces on the floor , quite sad.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Should come as no surprise, Russia was also a signee to the Budapest Memorandum.

The UK, US, and Russia vowed to assist them if their sovereignty is threatened.

Russia has been annexing land, and even had a failed attempt on the capitol.

So I’d say their sovereignty is under threat.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Is Ukraine under NATO's nuclear protection umbrella?

No , it isn't a member of NATO.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Local British “activists” remind me of an old Russian joke:

"One wimp comes up to the campaign of ordinary guys and starts bullying them:
“Who’s against me, I’ll bury all of you now, well, who’s against me?”
Here comes one cabinet with huge biceps.
- Well, I!
- What is your name?
- Vasya.
- Who is agains Vasya and me?"))))))

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64
So you and your family will also die. And even before me and my family. So you will get your free share of romance earlier.
Don't play with fire, don't touch Russia.

If this is your goal, you will be suprised in how many more seconds on the planet you have VS us. it may be seconds or just miliseconds. But for anyone to start a war using nukes is the end of it all. it's litterally the stupidest thing anyone one human could do. it's worse than sticking your dick in a high voltage electrical panel. I don't think even Russian leadership is that stupid. Lost of talk, saber ratteling, but not much else.

Good news, none of us have any say in the matter, and I have made peace with God, so I'm good whenever I'm called up. You want to end the world, and hope Jesus has a soft spot for Satan's helper, you do you. I'd rather smile over a nice glass of Bourbon than watch you sucked into the fires of hell, but again, that's just not my call.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm wondering who told you this? Those who survived?))))

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

"Activists"?

"Cabinet"?

Us Brits are still all here.

What happened to that automated first strike of yours?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join