It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuclear doctrine and the likelihood of nuclear war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

'Publication"? What, posting on ATS?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The amount of times you've now threaten us all with a Nuclear attack, what concerns me is the total disregard you seem to have for your own family's wellbeing, because we all know if someone starts it, we all finish it. Is family life that painful for Russians?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Especially whilst crashing?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Money is important. But in the USA they are a fetish and a god. But for me it is only a kind of intermediary through which I can receive the benefits I need for my work.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Reports and anecdotal evidence suggest that the noise of a Tu-95 can be heard from as far away as 100 miles.

Thats the creak of the elastic bands unwinding!!

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

But for me it is only a kind of intermediary through which I can receive the benefits I need for my work.

Yes RT, we all know how special and above everybody else you seem to think you are, but the whole western world feels that way too and not your distorted view of it....

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Money is important. But in the USA they are a fetish and a god. But for me it is only a kind of intermediary through which I can receive the benefits I need for my work.

I think you're parroting a Russian stereotype about us.

Money is important to everyone in every country...for the same reasons.
Here in the US, just as you've stated, money and work are intricately symbiotic.
We do what we do...to earn what we earn...to provide for our families and make a better life for them.
edit on 31-5-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I want to die of old age, not in a fireball.

You are the one wishing for nuclear war. I'd say that makes you the suicidal one.

Unfortunately Russia is left only with nuclear threats.

Their conventional military which has often been touted as the second most powerful has been struggling with what wasn’t even considered a near peer next door.

If they have been bogged down for years with a small neighbor, their conventional military couldn’t handle a near peer or more powerful force.

So they resort to talking about their nukes.

Sad really, though that should be considered with out policy. I think taking the gloves off and telling Ukraine they could hit Russian soil with US made weapons was an unnecessary escalation with risks outweighing the rewards.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a few years ago I would have thought nuclear war in Europe to be impossible.

but having seen Putin in action recently I fear he just might do it.

If the stalemate in Ukraine continues, if Ukraine continues to strike deep in Russian territory, if the Russian economy continues to struggle...I can see Putin deploying a nuclear weapon in Ukraine to finish the war.

I don't know if NATO or the US will respond; and I think Putin knows that.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Eating to work and working to eat is a big difference)))

As for stereotypes, it’s quite possible that I’m writing about my feelings, but I could be wrong. Only those who do nothing make no mistakes))))

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

LoL

The little fellow looks like he's a sun tan, and one red jumper away from being banned in China.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Eating to work and working to eat is a big difference)))

As for stereotypes, it’s quite possible that I’m writing about my feelings, but I could be wrong. Only those who do nothing make no mistakes))))

Well, I think you're being honest...but I also think you've got it wrong.

'Eating to work' and 'working to eat' all come down to the same thing: eating.
One can't eat money or work.
Both are necessary for life.
Enjoying that life is not mandatory...but a preferable option.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Whats this post about then Russian?

Not here to hate on you, I quite like you. But why are you talking to members here as though we have any say on policy at all? Its decided by the rulers and their guides (demons, imo).

We don't have power, just the illusion of it. So why are you threatening us? What did we do? About as much as you did I'll wager. I just go to work, to provide for my family and love God, that's all. Why do I have to die in nuclear fire because some rich men want power? What's that to do with me?

We're all being dragged into a Satanic mass sacrifice, theyll start with animals as usual (Bird flu) then it'll be humans via war.

They have to appease their master, the Devil. I wonder when people will wake up to this? Nuclear war will, literally, end all life. What hubris.a reply to: RussianTroll

Our leaders do not represent us, they never have, they keep that illusion going through their 4th estate the media. Without their illusory power, what are they? Sad, little bullies with too much sway in the world.

You hit the nail on the head!

It is true that our leaders do not represent us, but what should we do about it?

We can't just let them continue their madness, remember this quote "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing"

So, what should we do?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Is this why you're so upset RT??
dailywrap.uk...

Antony Blinken, U.S. Secretary of State, said on Friday that President Joe Biden has approved the use of American weapons by Kyiv on Russian territory.

Blinken conveyed the information about the U.S. president's approval for Kyiv to use American weapons on Russian territory after the meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Prague.

Ukraine had been requesting American approval for several weeks.

The previous day, a representative of the U.S. administration told the PAP agency that the U.S. agrees for Ukraine to use American weapons against Russian forces shelling or preparing to attack the Kharkiv region. Still, the ban on using ATACMS and other long-range missiles on Russian territory will remain in effect.

I'm thinking this could be it??
www.express.co.uk...

Putin on the brink as Russia's economy could be about to implode for three key reasons...
Despite the dire situation in Ukraine, Kyiv can cling to the hope that Russia becomes unable to continue to fund its brutal war.

And there are several reasons to believe that this hope becomes a reality in short order.
A leading academic has claimed that Russia is grossly misreporting its inflation rate, with prices rising far faster than the Kremlin is letting on. According to John Hopkins economist Professor Steve Hanke, the Russian rate of inflation is close to 27 percent, rather than the 7.2 percent claimed by Moscow.

I suppose it Could be this??
dailywrap.uk...

The occupiers confirmed the death of Russian commander Aleksander Kulakov, who was killed in an attack on a "secret" military base in occupied Crimea. On Friday, the head of the city administration of Alushta, Galina Ogneva, wrote that Kulakov "heroically died as a result of a missile attack on Crimea." The base was attacked on May 13.

On Monday, May 13, around 11 AM Greenwich Mean Time, several Ukrainian missiles - most likely Storm Shadow missiles - hit the Russian air defence base on Mount Ai-Petri.

or maybe this???
dailywrap.uk...

"We will open fire on military targets within an hour and a half from this video message," says Denis Kapustin, commander of the Russian Volunteer Corps, in the recording published at 7:14 AM GMT. He appealed to the residents of Belgorod and Kursk to flee immediately. Shortly after, an attack occurred.

"Your authorities have not taken any action to protect or evacuate you, and the shelling of peaceful towns and villages in Ukraine continues. We are forced to respond by targeting military objectives. Evacuate immediately," Kapustin says in the recording.

More than an hour after the initial message was released on the channels of the "Freedom of Russia" Legion and the Russian Volunteer Corps, another warning appeared: "Attention! All residents of the Kursk, Belgorod, and Bryansk regions who are unable to evacuate, immediately seek shelter!"

edit on 31-5-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Well, I did everything honestly. All that remains is to fulfill the promise.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join