It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun... Iran begins attack on Israel, launches tons of drones towards the country

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

originally posted by: Terpene
If a substantial part of your economy is comprised of war

This is another myth that won't die.

The defense industry isn't even in the top 10 industries that drive the US economy.

Go over your own list honestly, and tell me which sectors do not relate to the MIC. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 13 are easy ones.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Well this was interesting.

Irans attack killed a 7 year old girl in Israel.

And JORDAN helped Israel during the attack.

NY POST

It was reported EGYPT helped, as well.

I thought I heard last night the maybe Saudi Arabia too, but I don't have a source for that, and lots of unconfirmed stuff turns out to be untrue in times like these.

Anyone have anything on that?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well this was interesting.

Irans attack killed a 7 year old girl in Israel.

And JORDAN helped Israel during the attack.

NY POST

To be clear, that article calls the girl a "casualty." That doesn't mean she died. Injuries are included in casualty counts. Every report I've heard said she had minor injuries. We don't want to spread misinformation in a time like this.

Most...if not all of the reported injuries are likely from falling debris from intercepted missiles and drones.

(post by KrustyKrab removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

The defense industry isn't even in the top 10 industries that drive the US economy.

Go over your own list honestly, and tell me which sectors do not relate to the MIC. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 13 are easy ones.

It's not my list.

And sorry I burst your bubble. You've been lied to about how vast the defense industry is. Don't get mad at me, get mad at whoever sold you that lie.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Sure abd how does the budget look like after you factor in government funds?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
F*** Israel they deserve everything they get moving forward. I'm tired of my government and my stupid peers justifying the indiscriminate slaughter of women and children because their bigoted ideological dogmatic BS.

You call yourselves patriots and Christians while supporting our governments assistance in the slaughter of innocence?

Hell I don't think we can even call you a human being if you continue to support Israel at this point.

If this triggers you GOOD!
F*** off you zionist war pig pieces of ****. I hope they draft you first to go die for your bigoted beliefs. Us real patriots will stay here and fight the actual threats to our way of life.

Dearbornistan?
Lovely part of the country. Lovely.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's not my list.

And sorry I burst your bubble. You've been lied to about how vast the defense industry is. Don't get mad at me, get mad at whoever sold you that lie.

It was just the list you provided. I'm not mad at you. And we've all been lied to. Just saying it's not a myth that it all relates to the "defense" budget.

ETA: War is a racket. This is a quote that rings true in America.
edit on 14-4-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

To be clear, that article calls the girl a "casualty." That doesn't mean she died. Injuries are included in casualty counts. Every report I've heard said she had minor injuries. We don't want to spread misinformation in a time like this.

Okay ... I have heard it as she died.
We'll just say .. ONE CASUALTY .. a 7 year old girl.
Being careful with being accurate and all that ...

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sure abd how does the budget look like after you factor in government funds?

Everything there factors in government funds. Surely you're aware that a lot of those industries receive government funds. Healthcare, education, etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Anyone have anything on that?

I have not heard of Egypt or Saudi Arabia.
Only the report saying Jordan, Which I gave a link to.
The others may be true, but I haven't seen anything on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It's not my list.

It was just the list you provided. I'm not mad at you. And we've all been lied to. Just saying it's not a myth that it all relates to the "defense" budget.

ETA: War is a racket. This is a quote that rings true in America.

It is a myth.

Some of those industries are over a trillion dollars.

U.S. defense spending is under 1 trillion, and only a fraction of that goes to the defense industry.

There's not getting around the fact that we spend a lot of money on defense. But a lot of the public, including you, has a very skewed vision of how much and what it means.

I showed you reality. If you want to keep believing the myth, hey it's a free country.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
F*** Israel they deserve everything they get moving forward. I'm tired of my government and my stupid peers justifying the indiscriminate slaughter of women and children because their bigoted ideological dogmatic BS.

You call yourselves patriots and Christians while supporting our governments assistance in the slaughter of innocence?

Hell I don't think we can even call you a human being if you continue to support Israel at this point.

If this triggers you GOOD!
F*** off you zionist war pig pieces of ****. I hope they draft you first to go die for your bigoted beliefs. Us real patriots will stay here and fight the actual threats to our way of life.

Ohhhh, dirka dirka. Islamic jihad, death to America dirka dirka.

/S

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Found this on who helped Israel...

Jordan shot things down like it said it would if anything entered it's airspace. Which was basically saying they weren't supporting Iran.

Egypt and Saudi Arabia called for restraint ... which again is them signaling that they weren't supporting Iran, but nor were they condemning it.

The Guardian

Jordan intercepted some flying objects that entered its airspace on Saturday night to ensure the safety of its citizens, a cabinet statement said on Sunday. Jordan, which lies between Iran and Israel, had readied air defences to intercept any drones or missiles that violated its territory, two regional security sources told Reuters.

World leaders have condemned Iran’s attack, with regional powers including Saudi Arabia and Egypt calling for restraint.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah it's pretty clear side-taking for Jordan to say "Anything Iranian in our airspace we're gonna shoot it down, but Israel feel free to use our airspace to defend yourself."

SA and Egypt I wish were more active supporters of Israel, but I think their leadership is struggling more with walking that tightrope of doing what's best for their country (moving closer to Israel) and what's best for themselves (not getting assassinated by the sizeable elements in their population that are still jihadis at heart.)

Thanks for posting.
edit on 14-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This report from CBS says it wasn't an 8 year old girl, but it was a 10 year old girl, who was the casualty.

CBS News

Hagari confirmed that a 10-year-old girl had been "severely injured by shrapnel," but said "as far as we know, there are no additional casualties."

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This report from CBS says it wasn't an 8 year old girl, but it was a 10 year old girl, who was the casualty.

CBS News

Hagari confirmed that a 10-year-old girl had been "severely injured by shrapnel," but said "as far as we know, there are no additional casualties."

Yeah I've heard alternatively she's 8, 10, 12. Heard minor injuries, now that says severely injured. I hope she's okay.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'm not going to spend the time to discuss world economics and how currency works in the real world and how it relates to international law, acceptable war crimes, and energy production and law, nor how that relates to national politics that tie into what "spending" is. But hey, you got time. Sorry for popping in.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Government funds factor into GDP?

That's odd...

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Government funds factor into GDP?

That's odd...

Yes, it does. Basic economics. A lot of the money you pay in taxes goes right back into the economy--including defense spending, by the way. What did you think planes and bombs are built by midgets at the North Pole?

You might wanna give this a read.

I'm done. Start a thread asking people to explain how GDP works to you. This isn't the place for it.

Edit: Even money that corrupt bureaucrats steal eventually winds up back in the economy when they spend their stolen money. None of this means we should just keep the government spending money like mad though.
edit on 14-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join