It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun... Iran begins attack on Israel, launches tons of drones towards the country

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Considering the fact that the better portion (if not all) of Iran's (supposed) nuclear weapons program is buried deep within its large mountain ranges, safe from conventional attack....

Just How could Israel take advantage of this "opportunity"?

It's not all buried deep underground. A few key sites are. That doesn't make the program safe from conventional attack though. Their logistics are still aboveground. Having some enrichment facilities buried does you no good if you can't get that enriched uranium transported to test and perfect your bomb designs and then loaded onto missiles, which is Iran's only realistic delivery method.

Even deep underground facilities have drawbacks. You can attack their entrances and ventilation and everything. The people trapped inside may be able to survive for a time but eventually they need supplies from the outside world. Any efforts to dig them (and the uranium) out will be spotted and could also be attacked.

A prerequisite to all of this would be taking down some of Iran's defenses though. Like I said previously, it would be a major operation. It's not just a quick strike like when they hit Iraq and Syria's nuclear sites.

By the way, what do you mean by "supposed?" They have a nuclear weapons program. Even a lot of Iran's defenders don't deny the existence, they just try to justify it.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

You'll get into war no matter who wins.

I'm sure of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That was not an attack.
It was a bunch of dick waving with inferior weapons.
Iran would have been better off if they did nothing. It must have cost them a lot of fuel to send crap like that up there.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I cannot live their lives for them but I make sure they have a common sense foundation.
edit on 14-4-2024 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Yeah it's pretty clear side-taking for Jordan to say "Anything Iranian in our airspace we're gonna shoot it down, but Israel feel free to use our airspace to defend yourself."

SA and Egypt I wish were more active supporters of Israel, but I think their leadership is struggling more with walking that tightrope of doing what's best for their country (moving closer to Israel) and what's best for themselves (not getting assassinated by the sizeable elements in their population that are still jihadis at heart.)

Thanks for posting.

Saudis especially. I think they just want to own yachts and football clubs.

Sadly, Biden is walking that same Saudi stupid tightrope, so much so Pennsylvania Senator Uncle Fester tells him to stop appeasing the far left/college kids by going out of the way to emphasize any attack on Iran is off the table.

Guess it's defensive only.

I realize this was a deescalting attack from Iran. They wouldn't have lit their drones and made it target practice for a several countries, including Jordan, and even Saudi Arabian radar.

But, Is everyone going to really let Iran off the hook this time? I think it's common knowledge even in Arab countries Iran funds militant jihadists that destabilized the Abraham Accords. Which the rich Gulf states wanted.

I'm not even "abrahamic" and I want Iran to knock it the f*ck off. Sucks Israel attacked a general at a diplomatic target, but isn't he the one facilitating arms transfers to Hezbollah?

A little too far with the "no quarter," but it was a valuable target in self-defense. Israel ups the ante to a consulate, Iran launches a wave of target practice.

But while I see the logic in not ACTUALLY attacking Iran, while we are on the same page as key Arab states, I'M NOT FOR THE APPEASING AFFIRMATION that the USA has taken Iran off the target list.

Now Tehren can claim they backed The Great Satan down and left Little Satan on its own (their terms coined by them). I think we need to bluff that we will level Tehren alongside Israel, and then send Bilken around to secretly kiss sheikh ass and say it's just rhetoric.

I don't get why AOC and the voices of stupid college kids matter so much, not like he's gonna win any elections appeasing them.
edit on 14-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok, show of hands.

How many people have to go to work tomorrow?

How many people woke up fine today?

And yet people here freak out every time. And over what, the same old BS. WWIII? Nuclear war? The end of the world?
NOPE. And didn't we just get through the, OPPPS, rapture and apocalypse a couple days ago with the eclipse? Don't people live their lives anymore, or do they just sit around waiting for the "inevitable" "end" that just doesn't seem to arrive?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

That way leads to "M.A.D."-ness!

Assault team?

Aren't assault teams usually small, to facilitate quick, almost "suprise" attacks?

How would such a team be able to deploy the ordinance necessary to permanently destroy a large, hardened, military facility hundreds of miles from the team's support chain?

An assult team might be able to damage such a facility, but damage can be repaired, and that fact renders the whole exercise futile.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

You'll get into war no matter who wins.

I'm sure of it.

Nice dodge.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
Ok, show of hands.

How many people have to go to work tomorrow?

How many people woke up fine today?

And yet people here freak out every time. And over what, the same old BS. WWIII? Nuclear war? The end of the world?
NOPE. And didn't we just get through the, OPPPS, rapture and apocalypse a couple days ago with the eclipse? Don't people live their lives anymore, or do they just sit around waiting for the "inevitable" "end" that just doesn't seem to arrive?

This place isn't exactly representative of most of the country.

I think you need to chill as much as you think they need to chill.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The people don't decide when to go to war.

They do get manipulated into believing invasions for profit is justified.

Some people never learn.

I thought you knew that.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

The people don't decide when to go to war.

They do get manipulated into believing invasions for profit is justified.

Some people never learn.

I thought you knew that.

Yeah sorry your thinking is just extremely simplistic. The real world is more complicated. Your need to reduce it to such unrealistically few variables so you can understand it reflects on you, not me.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

What "invasions" for profit? By the West?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Are they still trying to get a red-shield central bank into Iran, or does the whole BRICS alignment bypass that ?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Iran does not have the capabilities to go into war with anybody, that includes Israel, they have superior capabilities.

Democrats are spineless, they will never go to war even with a easy target as Iran.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: 19Bones79

What "invasions" for profit? By the West?

There's a lot of people who still think we invaded Iraq for oil and/or to "enrich the MIC."

Like defense companies don't make money during peacetime. And like if we wanted to invade someone for oil, Saudi Arabia after 9/11 wouldn't have been a prime target. The entire public would've been on board with that one.

Like I said, extreme simplicity in their thinking.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The 9/11 hijackers were Saudis. Saudis funded them. Yet we went into the war on terrorism against
.. Afghan.

Personally, I think we should of gone against SA.

But, we didn't. Because?

Oil and arms deals.

Thank you, "Prince" Andrew.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Like I said, extreme simplicity in their thinking.

I may be in that simple minded crowd smiling right now.

Because our grand childrens world wasn't completely crapped on yesterday

That was my only fear.
edit on 14-4-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ia reply to: YourFaceAgain

Iraq and syrias nuclear sites?

Wtf. Lmao.

You are dumb.

edit on 14-4-2024 by Maybenexttime because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2024 by Maybenexttime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The 9/11 hijackers were Saudis. Saudis funded them. Yet we went into the war on terrorism against
.. Afghan.

Personally, I think we should of gone against SA.

But, we didn't. Because?

Oil and arms deals.

Thank you, "Prince" Andrew.

I may disagree with you on pretty much everything but that was a good post.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime
Ia reply to: YourFaceAgain

Iraq and sirias nuclear sites?

Wtf. Lmao.

You are dumb.

... says the dingbat who can't spell Syria.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join