It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing sentiments of Ukrainian citizens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Dalamax

I would be a lot more worried about china then russia any day of the week. One country just wants to be left alone in its corner of the world...the other wants to surplant the US a the ruling party of the world...

Left alone by invading its neighbours?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I cant help but to go back to this...are you saying there is any situation where its ok to conscript a mentally handicapped guy and force him to serve in a war? What does that says about how desperate ukraine is and their winability here...like is it even worth fighting on if you are so depleted you are forcing mentally handicapped to serve?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

If china decided next week to orchestrate and fund a coup in mexico where they oust the elected government and install china friendly puppets...and the US knows about it...what do you think would happen?!?! You act as if russia crossed the globe and deployed soldiers in a country way away. Its their literal doorstep. Russia isn't like the US sending our "democracy" worldwide. They aren't setting up coups all over and trying to play world masters. The US is though...and now China is trying to enter the chat...

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If china decided next week to orchestrate and fund a coup in mexico where they oust the elected government and install china friendly puppets...and the US knows about it...what do you think would happen?!?! You act as if russia crossed the globe and deployed soldiers in a country way away. Its their literal doorstep. Russia isn't like the US sending our "democracy" worldwide. They aren't setting up coups all over and trying to play world masters. The US is though...and now China is trying to enter the chat...

I think you need to broaden your reading on Ukraine as that is a very very one sided interpretation of events.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

Of course its not...it makes your supported side look reprehensible...and you don't want to accept that

I don't support war in any form.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I cant help but to go back to this...are you saying there is any situation where its ok to conscript a mentally handicapped guy and force him to serve in a war? What does that says about how desperate ukraine is and their winability here...like is it even worth fighting on if you are so depleted you are forcing mentally handicapped to serve?

Didn't Russia conscript prisoners? Are we to believe Russian prisoners have no mental handicaps?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How so...please explain how russia was hostile before we orchestrated and funded a coup which ousted their leader?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I have yet to see a video of a russian soldier who was mentally handicapped issued a stick and sitting in a trench. If you got that video I would be interested... I can only speak to what I can see myself...

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I know it may cause some hurt feels with some of you...but as was said almost 2 years ago...this is not a winnable war for Ukraine. All they have done is get a lot of their workforce killed off and their country turned into piles of rubble. For what? For a deal with the west...after we goaded them into this war while we use them as a proxy to the last Ukrainian.

You guys can say what you want...but a few of is here called this out way back when this started....
Them sub Saharan African 'refugees' need a home.
You want to join EU then you have to take the dregs of the Islamic world to replace your white Christian population.
That's the rules.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So you conscript a mentally handicapped guy and put him in uniform and hand him a stick instead of a gun...to have him run food between trenches on the front...and thats somehow better or more reasonable?!?!

Was he conscripted when they have rules about that? Is he a volunteer to help his country in any way he can? Where is that trench BTW, there are like a million now not in the front line.

You are inventing your own story about this guy. He has zero combat gear of any kind, so what role do you think he has?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

And you are trying to stretch further than gumby ever could. He is in uniform in a trench...explain how that is ok? He himself says he was told to obtain a weapon in battle and his own side is filming this and even making fun of him. Stop being so disingenuous its obvious whats going on here...you guys are reaching hard to explaine this away and the mental gymnastics are blaten and laughable

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

How so...please explain how russia was hostile before we orchestrated and funded a coup which ousted their leader?

Again a very very one sided and inaccurate view of the history.
edit on 5-1-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The fact his is even in a trench and in uniform is enough...like wtf are you arguing...its oke to conscript mentally handicapped folks as long as you dont put them on the front?!?!

F that. If they can join, they can fight.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Dalamax

I would be a lot more worried about china then russia any day of the week. One country just wants to be left alone in its corner of the world...the other wants to surplant the US a the ruling party of the world...

Dude(tte). Quoted for relevance, it’s what’s coming down the sh!tpipe.

Endure and bear witness.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So Yanukovych was a Russian puppet and you complain that we helped remove him?

This all began as an internal Ukrainian crisis in November 2013, when President Viktor Yanukovych rejected a deal for greater integration with the European Union (here's why this was such a big deal), sparking mass protests, which Yanukovych attempted to put down violently.

Why did Yanukovych drop the deal? I wonder how much was his cut?

The first, surface reason for the protests was that President Yanukovych had rejected a deal for greater integration with the European Union, taking a $15 billion bailout from Russia instead. Lots of Ukrainians had wanted the EU deal, partly because they thought it would help Ukraine's deeply troubled economy, and partly because they saw closer ties with Europe as culturally and politically desirable.

The second, deeper reason for the protests was that many Ukrainians saw Yanukovych as corrupt and autocratic and as a stooge of Russia. So his decision to reject the EU deal felt, to many Ukrainians, like he had sold out their country to Moscow. This is why the protesters so quickly expanded their demands from "sign the EU deal" to "Yanukovych must step down."

Over the months that followed, Yanukovych tried to break up the protests, first by sending in the dreaded "berkut" internal security forces to crack down, and next by passing a series of laws that severely restricted Ukrainians' basic rights of speech and assembly. Both of these just made protests worse. By late January, they'd expanded to lots of other Ukrainian cities. In February, the parliament turned against Yanukovych, first voting to remove lots of his powers and end the crackdown, and then voting to remove him outright.

He went all Russian on the people and that was what really drove him out in the end. So in response, Russia took Crimea, and pro-Russian rebels in the North East shot down Malaysian Airlines Flight 17, then Russia sent in their goons to support the rebels, and that is where we have been since 2014.

it's so easy to just say "We orchestrated and funded a coup" when the reality goes so much deeper.

So what was it that the US did?

edit on x31Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:22:46 -060020244America/ChicagoFri, 05 Jan 2024 15:22:46 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

And you are trying to stretch further than gumby ever could. He is in uniform in a trench...explain how that is ok? He himself says he was told to obtain a weapon in battle and his own side is filming this and even making fun of him. Stop being so disingenuous its obvious whats going on here...you guys are reaching hard to explaine this away and the mental gymnastics are blaten and laughable

I don't know the answer...we have one guy that you want to turn into a national crisis. I can tell you were never in the military so don't try to answer what looks right or not. This isn't my story, it's one your side has been flinging around for days now as if it explains the condition of Ukraine. Their own rules do not allow them to conscript this guy, so what is the true story here? I looked and there is nothing on it...

In the meantime, Russia has run out of prisoners and is now looking at doing 16 to 60...is that desperate?

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Dude, it is your story not mine...

We have zero information about any of it. The guy has some serious mental issues, so was he even enlisted? Could he be a local person who "wants" to play soldier? Found a uniform and went to play with the real guys who made fun of him?

The reason I suggest this is because you don't have some guy just randomly there and not attached to a group. You have the real soldiers that come across this guy and they are like holy crap what do we have here, and they tease him. He is wearing just a uniform of some kind with zero gear, zero team, and just a stick for his gun...

If he was enlisted then he would have gone to basic training followed by other training for whatever specialty he would be in, then issued equipment etc, and be part of a team. They would not just give him some dirty pants and a shirt, drive him to the frontlines, give him a stick, and tell him to go kill Russians all by himself.

When we look at Iraq and Afghanistan a lot of civilians wore the same uniforms as the troops... just saying...
edit on x31Fri, 05 Jan 2024 15:56:11 -060020244America/ChicagoFri, 05 Jan 2024 15:56:11 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Exacery.

China is going to go rogue elephant on Europe.

Europe can’t even cope with arabs dribbling in seeking asylum, how will they handle half the Chinese population strolling into their territory?

That would not go well, China needs to be very carful.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You mean a us lead western backed color revolution and coup didn't play into this at all?!?! You can't be serious...meanwhile you think ukraine is capable of wiping anything shows you are either completely ignorant on the subject or you are purposely pushing propaganda for your side.

I'm talking 1992 when Ukraine became an independent country that was no longer a Russian concern.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And mexicos leaders are our puppets...thats why the cartels havent been stomped by mexican military. They pay out intel and black agencies to keep them safe and on business and we get a lot of off the books funds to screw around all over the world with. Jesus...for a conspiracy sight a lot of people seem very mainstream here all of a sudden...am I still on ATS?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join