It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Yeah, plate tectonics is a fundamental theory in geology that explains the movement of the Earth's lithosphere nothing magic about the processes that take place over millions of years. Same as continental drift is a real and well-established geological phenomenon that explains the geological and fossil evidence being found atop the mountain in question.

But the main evidence for Everest at one point being the Tethys sea is marine fossils on mountain ranges, which just so happens to also match the possibility of a global flood. The other evidence is that deposition matches to other mountain ranges, which makes them assume it all came from the same sea. But a global flood covering all the mountain ranges would actually make more sense than the Alps and Himalayas emerging from the same sea.
edit on 26-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

There is no evidence of a global flood cooperton.

And the fact that in the ancient past, the land that now constitutes Mount Everest was part of the bottom of the Tethys Ocean does not support such as far as i can establish.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just a reminder where Cooperton gets all his nonsense. I posted similar in the Science forum.

digitalcommons.cedarville.edu...

If you want to waste your time, go through this "journal". You'll notice that not a single paper contains experimental data,
only contrarian Creationists opinions to support their narrative.

Cooperton is not a scientist. He has no education or training. He's a fraud.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You are aware that mountains are formed from tectonic activity and continental drift is a thing, right? The Earth didn’t always look the way it does now.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Their age range for geological structures is under the false pre-conception that these layers are very old.

so all archeological evidence is wrong then, not just geological evidence?

So where's your counter evidence that asphalt at "Lacus Asphalties" wasn't there before the flood?

11.3-4 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

Or are you attempting to say that as soon as the floods dispersed oil magically appeared?

edit on 26-12-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

As opposed to magic seafloors that rise up to become mountains

1) I never said tectonic plates don't exist, I just said the flood is responsible for marine fossils on top of everest rather than tectonic plates moving it up so high.

So know your saying plate tectonic aren't real, you posted earlier they are real? Or do the moutains magically float on the tectonic plates?
edit on 26-12-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The fossilized remains that permeated through these layers of organic material is further evidence that there was quick cataclysmic deposits of organic matter sandwiched under new lithifying mud layers.

Care to post evidence that this was a quick cataclysim, because other than creationist pesudo science all evidence points to the opposite?

en.wikipedia.org...

Radiometric dating of preserved wood and bones has given an age of 38,000 years for the oldest known material from the La Brea seeps.

science.howstuffworks.com...

How old are the fossils in the La Brea Tar Pits?
The fossils found in the La Brea Tar Pits are between 11,000 and 50,000 years old.
What animals have been found in the La Brea Tar Pits?
The animal fossils that have been found in the La Brea Tar Pits include saber-toothed cats, dire wolves and mammoths, among others.

storymaps.arcgis.com...

science.howstuffworks.com...

There isn't a single piece of evidence to say an instant cataclysm caused the pit to suddenly fill with animals 400 years ago.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom42338

YEP.

The entire premise of this thread has been destroyed.
Destroyed over and over again.
WHY is it still going?
I guess people like to play with their food. ha ha.

How did the koala get from Australia to the Middle East?
How did Noah get a years supply of eucalyptus leaves?
How did the Kangaroo get from Australia to the Middle East?
How did the Sloth get from South America to the Middle East?
How did the Panda get from China to the Middle East?
How did Noah get a years supply of bamboo and keep it fresh?
What about the years supply of ants and termites Noah would have to keep?
The animals that eat those need food!
NONE of these questions has been adequately addressed
... because THEY CAN NOT BE!

Noahs flood did not happen. PROVEN BEYOND ANY DOUBT.
It's foolish to chose to be blind and believe otherwise.
The premise of this thread has been destroyed.
It should be allowed to die the death it deserves.

edit on 12/26/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, I must admit Cooperton is starting to remind me of this dude with his blind devotion to creationist lies...

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

There were not many movies that scared the bejeebus out of me when i was a lad.

But the Poltergeist movies(i called them Pockadice LoL) did it, 1 & 2 anyway, and "The Omen" series as well

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

PM4U

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, that guy from Poltergiest 2 gave me the creeps.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom42338
Just a reminder where Cooperton gets all his nonsense. I posted similar in the Science forum.

digitalcommons.cedarville.edu...

If you want to waste your time, go through this "journal". You'll notice that not a single paper contains experimental data,
only contrarian Creationists opinions to support their narrative.

If this were to be true, and it is not.
Cooperton is a free thinker with lots of original thoughts.
And you have none based upon your responses to a thread you do not understand.
And closed minded applying only your own presuppositions.
All you do is parrot others and insult your betters.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

The irony of this statement is overpowering.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

The irony of this statement is overpowering.

Anyone ever seen this video?

Highly relevant to threads like these.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

IMO there is NO way in hell that all that oil was the result of plants and biomass being sqeezed under pressure for thousands of years as the earth would have been covered with trees 100's of feet tall?

I do believe there was a flood but I cannot get a grip of those billions of barrels of oil from plant and animal biomass.

As far a Noahs Ark I am a Catholic and that could have been written as a fable to foster their agenda back in the day. That doesnt mean there isnt a God as I believe there is, as a result of my personal experiences.

Unless you experience same you would not believe in a higher being as I had previously.

Drugs, boos, depression, sickness was never in play in my life. Nor was some mental illness bull# or one significant event.

TBD

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

IMO there is NO way in hell that all that oil was the result of plants and biomass being sqeezed under pressure for thousands of years as the earth would have been covered with trees 100's of feet tall?

I do believe there was a flood but I cannot get a grip of those billions of barrels of oil from plant and animal biomass.

Good question. I know I am on the right track when I research these things and it turns out to be a match. When we check the estimated amount of biomass on the planet today, about 550 billion tons [source], and compare it to the estimated amount of oil deposits on earth, we get a close match. The known oil reserves comes in around 250 billion tons (0.15 tons per barrel, and 1.65 known barrels of oil reserves [source]). If there is the same amount of unknown oil reserves, then this creates a perfect match of 500 billion tons of oil reserves on the planet and 500 billion tons of biomass on the planet. Quite phenomenal that it matches so closely.

This is the sort of objective reinforcement that makes me know that our ancestors were right about the flood, and that I am on the right track.

originally posted by: Degradation33

Anyone ever seen this video?

Highly relevant to threads like these.

It is a testament to atheist's close-mindedness to assume that all religious folks believe so blindly. I have investigated objectively and it brought me to where I am today. I went into the search for knowledge with sheer objectivity, not blinded by any dogma, and it showed that the evolutionary timeline is false. Look how triggered all the atheists are in this thread merely for suggesting that their beliefs are wrong. Oh the irony.
edit on 27-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm a freaking deist, Cooperton. That's still intelligent design. Just rudimentary programming, like basic laws of reality, and then a 13.5 billion year program this designer doesn't have to pay attention to.. Certainly not atheist.

That video is great. I would like to take a lead from that video and ask you this thing I brought up in the other thread. Kinda held back on demanding an answer for it.

Oh, there is just one more thing.

[Specimen is from the Joggins Formation (Pennsylvanian), Cumberland Basin, Nova Scotia]

Remember this? I thought it was a dyke (mainly for trollish entendre reasons) instead of an upright fossil?

*polystrate fossil is NOT a geological term

As it turns out it's part of The Joggins Formation..

It is part of the Cumberland Group of geological formations, which extends from the early Namurian stage to the Westphalian stage of the Carboniferous period.[11] The deposit represents a time when the region was dominated by a tropical rainforest, and consists of an enormous quantity of sedimentary rock. This material was deposited by rivers and flood water moving northwards, leaving behind sediment that subsided between two fault blocks: the Cobequid Mountains and Caledonia Mountain (present-day Caledonia Mountain, New Brunswick), both of which were active in the Carboniferous

CARBONIFEROUS PERIOD = 358 to 298 MYA

The world looked like this:

How THE F*CK IS THAT FROM A BIBLICAL FLOOD 4500 YEARS AGO?

Stay out of geology.

IT DOESNT MATTER HOW FAST THOSE SEDIMENTS ENCASE THESE TREES, YOU STILL HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE ENVIRONMENT IT HAPPENED IN AND WHEN

The timescale. The Era. The stages of orogeny. The rifts, the faults, the deformation, the ACTUAL cause of rapid sedimentation, the motions of the plates,and all the many many things that ABSOLUTELY RULE OUT THEM BEING FROM A RECENT GLOBAL FLOOD. FFS.

I'm sorry, but this is offensive. An arrogant "always right" pseudointellectual theologian telling people they are wrong even after their regurgitation of apologetic out-of-context nonsense and fallacy got ripped apart.

Trash your victim card and open a book other than a Bible.

You dont get how these geological processes work! You tripped all over geology which now has to be washed and sterilized of your theological bias, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!
edit on 27-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I'm a freaking deist, Cooperton. That's still intelligent design. Just rudimentary programming, like basic laws of reality, and then a 13.5 billion year program this designer doesn't have to pay attention to.. Certainly not atheist.

That video is great. I would like to take a lead from that video and ask you this thing I brought up in the other thread. Kinda held back on demanding an answer for it.

Oh, there is just one more thing.

[Specimen is from the Joggins Formation (Pennsylvanian), Cumberland Basin, Nova Scotia]

Remember this? I thought it was a dyke (mainly for trollish entendre reasons) instead of an upright fossil?

*polystrate fossil is NOT a geological term

As it turns out it's part of The Joggins Formation..

It is part of the Cumberland Group of geological formations, which extends from the early Namurian stage to the Westphalian stage of the Carboniferous period.[11] The deposit represents a time when the region was dominated by a tropical rainforest, and consists of an enormous quantity of sedimentary rock. This material was deposited by rivers and flood water moving northwards, leaving behind sediment that subsided between two fault blocks: the Cobequid Mountains and Caledonia Mountain (present-day Caledonia Mountain, New Brunswick), both of which were active in the Carboniferous

CARBONIFEROUS PERIOD = 358 to 298 MYA

The world looked like this:

How THE F*CK IS THAT FROM A BIBLICAL FLOOD 4500 YEARS AGO?

Stay out of geology.

IT DOESNT MATTER HOW FAST THOSE SEDIMENTS ENCASE THESE TREES, YOU STILL HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE ENVIRONMENT IT HAPPENED IN AND WHEN

The timescale. The Era. The stages of orogeny. The rifts, the faults, the deformation, the ACTUAL cause of rapid sedimentation, the motions of the plates,and all the many many things that ABSOLUTELY RULE OUT THEM BEING FROM A RECENT GLOBAL FLOOD. FFS.

I'm sorry, but this is offensive. An arrogant "always right" pseudointellectual theologian telling people they are wrong even after their regurgitation of apologetic out-of-context nonsense and fallacy got ripped apart.

Trash your victim card and open a book other than a Bible.

You dont get how these geological processes work! You tripped all over geology which now has to be washed and sterilized of your theological bias, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Take a break and get some fresh air. If you can't debate topics without losing your head then it's not worth it.
edit on 28-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   

How about you sh*t or get off the pot instead?

It's a challenge to continue this thread with integrity.

Answer it, don't side-step. It's a direct challenge to your entire flood premise.

The fossil you posted was created in The Carboniferous period. End of freaking story.

You either accept its creation predates your flood by 300 million years or you agree to willfully ignore criticism and prattle on without the least bit of respect for the rhetorical argument that called you out. That's based literally on an Appalachian Mountain of evidence.

It shows a total lack of integrity and character, along with a narcissist need to never admit as error. I find it very distasteful and disingenuous that you resort to such devilish tactics to avoid facing reality. It shows a willingness to outright deceive and chastise those who don't agree with you, and avoid all instances where you face you might be wrong.

If you're doing God's work, with that little weasle man approach, I am here to do the devil's work.

edit on 28-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join