It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

if sea level is brought up to that height

Mate it is the "if" part that's the problem considering the sea level has never been the height of Mount Everest.

And before you introduce the seashells and fossils that can be found atop the mountain, that's because it was originally the seabed of the Tethys Ocean back in the "Ordovician".

Merry Christmas by the way, hope you are having a good'yin.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Water evaporation alone would make the air remarkably more dense than it is at Everest without an ocean

I'm thinking 40 days of overcast weather isn't going to be conducive to all that much evaporation. And what did evaporate would just be raining down or maybe even coming down as snow.

ETA: Cloud cover also cuts down on a lot of the heating, regardless of air density.

edit on 25-12-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And before you introduce the seashells and fossils that can be found atop the mountain, that's because it was originally the seabed of the Tethys Ocean back in the "Ordovician".

Let's turn the interrogation here... what's the evidence the specific evidence that Mt Everest was once in the bottom of the ocean? (I see you left a source but I'm at an Xmas party, but just pick out the key parts you think prove your point)

Merry Christmas by the way, hope you are having a good'yin.

You too fellow seeker, I appreciate your cordiality! Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

what's the evidence the specific evidence that Mt Everest was once in the bottom of the ocean?

There is the geological evidence, in the form of sedimentary rocks and fossils found at the summit of the mountain.

Where the rock formations and marine fossils found at high altitudes provide clues about the geological history of the region.

www.tripsavvy.com...#:~:text=Peak%20Formation%20and%20Fossils&text=At%20the%20tops%20of%20the,25%2C000%20feet%20a bove%20sea%20level.
weather.com...

Enjoy your party mate.

I got bored and decided to come home from one, just too many people about for my liking.

I think my social skills at parties has a time fuse these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Let's turn the interrogation here... what's the evidence the specific evidence that Mt Everest was once in the bottom of the ocean?

I'm not andy but I'm gonna drop my two cents here, wouldn't the specific evidence that Mt Everest was once in the bottom of the ocean be the seashells and fossils that can be found atop the mountain?

Are they not mostly bottom dwelling creatures?

So, let's say the water rose 2,000 feet every 10 days, almost reaching the height of everest after 40 days, do you think the bottom dwelling crustaceans would have left their food source to climb everest, which has nothing for them to eat in the last 10 days of rain?

That seems to me like a very short period of time for that type of change.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Let's turn the interrogation here... what's the evidence the specific evidence that Mt Everest was once in the bottom of the ocean?

I'm not andy but I'm gonna drop my two cents here, wouldn't the specific evidence that Mt Everest was once in the bottom of the ocean be the seashells and fossils that can be found atop the mountain?

Are they not mostly bottom dwelling creatures?

So, let's say the water rose 2,000 feet every 10 days, almost reaching the height of everest after 40 days, do you think the bottom dwelling crustaceans would have left their food source to climb everest, which has nothing for them to eat in the last 10 days of rain?

That seems to me like a very short period of time for that type of change.

Like Wooley mammoths frozen with tropical vegetation still in their stomachs in the arctic circle?

Something certainly did happen fast and final in a very short time.
Wooley mammoths with tropical vegetation in the arctic circle and seashells at the top of Everest.

edit on 25-12-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

Mount Everest is not located in the Arctic Circle.

Mount Everest is part of the Himalayan mountain range and is situated in Asia, on the border between Nepal and Tibet in China.

Something certainly did happen fast and final in a very short time

This is where you start harping on about pole shifts and Adam and Eve climate theory by Chan Thomas.

Which is once again nothing more than pseudoscientific nonsense and contrary to our understanding of plate tectonics.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation
Like Wooley mammoths frozen with tropical vegetation still in their stomachs in the arctic circle?

No, if true, that would indicate that what is considered tropical vegetation existed around the place they were flash frozen.

Or are you suggesting woolly mammoths were so fast they could run to the tropics for lunch and be back in Siberia before they could digest lunch?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Mount Everest is part of the Himalayan mountain range and is situated in Asia, on the border between Nepal and Tibet in China.

LOL.
I CANNOT make this stuff up.
This is where you start harping on about pole shifts and Adam and Eve climate theory by Chan Thomas.

Which is once again nothing more than pseudoscientific nonsense and contrary to our understanding of plate tectonics.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

LOL.
I CANNOT make this stuff up.

Is there more to come or are you simply repeating what i say now?

As to making stuff up, im sure you will have a go, but black and white is black and white, and you're writing is on the wall so to speak.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

No, that would indicate that what is considered tropical vegetation existed around the place they were flash frozen.

Or are you suggesting woolly mammoths were so fast they could run to the tropics for lunch and be back in Siberia before they could digest lunch?

The obvious answer is gravity was lighter at the Arctic circle so as to be a place where whooley mammoths herded and obviously when they were grazing in the arctic circle it was from tropical vegetation in the arctic circle.
They are found there by the thousands.

I can postulate on why that is so.
But fact it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The obvious answer is gravity was lighter at the Arctic circle...

As far as I know gravity is the same as in the tropics, why would it need to be lighter for "tropical plants" to exist?

I'm not seeing why gravity is the obvious answer.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Gravity is essentially the same everywhere on Earth's surface.

Its a fundamental force that attracts objects with mass toward each other.

I suppose there are indeed slight variations in Earth's gravity.

But they are relatively small and generally not perceptible in daily life.

Cant see how Whooley Mammoths would have known much about gravity all the same.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.nsf.gov...

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Actually more of a Wal Thornhill, Velikovsky guy and the electric universe.

I never heard of your reference

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Electric universe. LoL

Here we go again.

Your problem being the Electric Universe hypothesis has been criticised for lacking empirical evidence, failing to provide testable predictions, and not aligning with the fundamental principles of physics.

Principles that are well-supported by experimental observations, astronomy, and astrophysics.

theness.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Gravity is essentially the same everywhere on Earth's surface.

Its a fundamental force that attracts objects with mass toward each other.

I suppose there are indeed slight variations in Earth's gravity.

But they are relatively small and generally not perceptible in daily life.

Cant see how Whooley Mammoths would have known much about gravity all the same.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.nsf.gov...

There are cave drawings of them in full gallop

So are you postulating that they galloped up there after eating dinner in the tropics only to be flash frozen even before they could digest their dinner they had thousands of miles away?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The obvious answer is gravity was lighter at the Arctic circle...

As far as I know gravity is the same as in the tropics, why would it need to be lighter for "tropical plants" to exist?

I'm not seeing why gravity is the obvious answer.

Lighter for larger animals to exist and run in full gallop

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

There are cave drawings of them in full gallop

Well, that's explains everything.

So are you postulating that they galloped up there after eating dinner in the tropics only to be flash frozen even before they could digest their dinner they had thousands of miles away?

I would explain how continental drift works but whats is the point. LoL

As to an explanation for the presence of tropical vegetation in the stomachs of Woolly mammoths.

Thats due to the fact that these animals lived during the "Pleistocene epoch" when the Earth's climate was different from today.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Lighter for larger animals to exist and run in full gallop

But they would be slower in the tropics, where they had their last meal. How fast were they in each region and why go back to Siberia if there was no take out there?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Again you cannot change the surface gravity of the Earth without significantly changing its mass.

The strength of gravity at the surface of a planet is determined by its mass and radius.

You would know this if you had ever set foot in a physics class FarmerSimulation.

Instead of full-on galloping into the pseudoscientific horizon at warp speed.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join