It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation
It's a miracle then.

Or a fairytale.

You do you but at least accept that there is a reason why your answers don't convince everyone.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: cooperton
You talk about water venting from the crust, that would be like a jacuzzi, even on low.

Stoichiometry causes even distribution, any agitation, falling water, sea currents would just speed that up.

A small percentage of fresh water fish being able survive doesn't mean that most aren't going to die.

That is what I dislike about your answers, "but these 1,000,000 fish would make it so the story must be real" is still a real stretch.

You also have not taken into account the temps at that altitude.

The story just doesn't work.

At the 1:06 mark it is covered
But I say that not for you to look at. We know you will not look.
I say it for others in order to build in faith those who seek diligently for truth.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It's a miracle then.

Or a fairytale.

You do you but at least accept that there is a reason why your answers don't convince everyone.

I think you and I have no intention of convincing the other side of the argument.
I realize this is an exercise in building faith for both you and I.
I only post for those seeking to build upon their faith, as you do with yours.
You choose to try and discredit other people.
I seek to only prove an ideal.
I seek to add apologetics. You seek to deter with polemics, and petty gossip.
I am beginning to understand the rules ìn a faith based discussion concerning scientific hypothesis where faith is needed on either sides arguments.
I do not need to discredit you to be right.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation
Took a look, nothing really about that at 1:06.

Just because a volcano in Hawaii is venting magma doesn't mean the air at the top of everest isn't freezing.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You also have not taken into account the temps at that altitude.

The story just doesn't work.

One of the main reasons high elevations such as Everest have low temperatures is due to the thin air that can't trap heat. With sea level raising to that height the atmosphere would be more like it is towards sea level in today's environemnt. Given waters specific heat (ability to buffer energy changes) it would not have been nearly as cold as everest, it would likely have been temperate

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It isn't about you and me, it is about the data we are bringing to the thread.

This has nothing to do with faith for me.

You saying it is about faith in science is a cop out because you can't provide plausible answers.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
With sea level raising to that height the atmosphere would be more like it is towards sea level in today's environemnt.

Would it? Or would it just expand to a larger radius but equally thin atmosphere?

ETA: In regards to your water in the mantle theory, it can move across semi porous stone, wouldn't the added weight of all the water on the surface cause it to flow back down through the semi porous stone once it had cooled and cause greater pressure from the water column?

edit on 25-12-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Took a look, nothing really about that at 1:06.

Just because a volcano in Hawaii is venting magma doesn't mean the air at the top of everest isn't freezing.

Hey, ty for looking.
That is unexpected.
You never watched long enough to listen about the mid-oceanic ridge?
He got pretty detailed with recent satellite pics and all.
It is still right there.
Oh well.
Sorry you missed it.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wait the now satellite pics?

Satellites that orbit the Earth

I thought you believed the Earth was flat or some other nonsense?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Is the liquid ringwoodite down there with all the liquid diamonds?

There are layers closer to the surface where solid minerals exist, but deep in the mantle it is so hot and pressurized that it liquefies minerals. This is what magma is, this shouldn't be too hard to picture. Water vapor also emerges from volcanoes, further verifying the presence of deep underground water.

Wrong again the structure of the water is used to create ringwoodite. At depth hydrogen and oxygen separate no longer being H2O. The melting point is insane around 16000 degrees however pressure can be used to lower that temp. And at about 400 miles down the pressure is enough to liquefy the crystal but it's structure does not change. When you melt gold you still have gold just in a different phase.

Water is used to make ringwoodite to get back water anywhere else but in a lab is impossible.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It isn't about you and me, it is about the data we are bringing to the thread.

This has nothing to do with faith for me.

You saying it is about faith in science is a cop out because you can't provide plausible answers.

How would you know?
Faith.
You work on faith. I think even more than me. And I walk in faith.
But you are faithfully zealous even refusing to look at evidence.
I am reserved to understand you are not trying to convince anyone but your own believers.
You certainly have not shown anything that would convince someone of your beliefs.
You only talk in polemics about other people's beliefs.
Weak ones at that as you rely upon twisting words and dishonest assumptions as to "what you really were saying" as you always revert to.

I am not trying to convince you.
I am using your dishonesty as a platform of presentation.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You never watched long enough to listen about the mid-oceanic ridge?

I did that is why I mentioned a volcano, because that is what that bit is basically describing.

By the way that ridge is still there and it isn't causing massive flooding.

Personally I have more respect for people who say, God poured water over the earth to create the flood and then syphoned it off. A miracle like you said earlier.

Ok, but don't try to dress it up and explain it like it could have been a natural phenomenon that god just warned Noah about.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am reserved to understand you are not trying to convince anyone but your own believers.
You certainly have not shown anything that would convince someone of your beliefs.

I have not even mentioned my beliefs and I certainly don't think I have my own believers.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Would it? Or would it just expand to a larger radius but equally thin atmosphere?

If there's liquid water, the atmosphere at sea level will not be as thin as it is when everest is 5 miles away from sea level. Big difference. The water evaporating alone would result in denser air (and therefor greater heat retention) than Everest's thin air
edit on 25-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Atmospheric pressure at a given location on the globe is determined by the weight of the air column above that location.

And as we ascend in altitude, the pressure decreases because there is less air above you.

However, the process of water evaporating is primarily driven by temperature, and not atmospheric pressure.

www.noaa.gov...#:~:text=The%20standard%20pressure%20at%20sea,the%20atmosphere%20decreases%20with%20height.&text =The%20atoms%20and%20molecules%20that,constantly%20moving%20in%20random%20directions.
education.nationalgeographic.org...
edit on 25-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If there's liquid water, the atmosphere at sea level will not be as thin as it is when everest is 5 miles away from sea level. Big difference. The water evaporating alone would result in desperate air (and therefor greater heat retention) than Everest's thin air

Are you sure, is the air density a function of sea level or distance from the center of the earth (gravity)? At the height of everest the boiling point of water doesn't even drop by 1/3 about 68ºC but the temp is way below that.

Something else to consider, water dissolves gases, with that much water would enough air just dissolve into the water creating similar air conditions?

I can't say I have the answers but at least it shows that there are so many variables that the people that came up with this story just never even thought to hash out.
edit on 25-12-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Wait the now satellite pics?

Satellites that orbit the Earth

I thought you believed the Earth was flat or some other nonsense?

You spread a lie that I am a flat earthen.
Now you quote yourself claiming I said I am a flat earthwr.

How dishonest can you be?
Certainly not confident enough in your own arguments not to resort to such dishonest dialog.

I have noticed you start a lot of your interactions with almost zero background knowledge about the different topics. And then you Google and wiki yourself into a frenzy seeking to back up your faith based assumptions.
Just a lot of c and p.

But it is obvious you do it just to troll.
edit on 25-12-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well if you are not a flat earther i do indeed apologize.

You are certainly a subscriber to the Noah's magic boat nonsense, so there is that.

Tell us all the shape of the planet then please?

And if that's anything other than an oblate spheroid i think you may well be on to plums.

Still waiting on you to prove I'm plagiarising anything.

As to you having an issue with people using Google to educate themselves on a topic.......really?

You probably get your information straight from the voice of God i suppose. LoL

And i think you may find its your ""faith-based assumptions"" that are in question, not mine which are generally based on scientific data and empirical information.

And on that note.

Magic boats, doot doot, da doot da doot.

Magic boats.
edit on 25-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Atmospheric pressure at a given location on the globe is determined by the weight of the air column above that location.

And as we ascend in altitude, the pressure decreases because there is less air above you.

if sea level is brought up to that height, the climate will be remarkably different at that elevation Than without it.

Think about it, what happens to all the air density that is normally at sea level? Do you think it would just disappear? No, it rises with sea level

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Are you sure, is the air density a function of sea level or distance from the center of the earth (gravity)?

Water evaporation alone would make the air remarkably more dense than it is at Everest without an ocean

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join