It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Dandandat3

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Dandandat3

In most cases that is all that is ever wanted from a father that the mother chooses to not have in the childs life.

Money and a place to go when the mother wants to go out on the town and get knocked up with some other dudes baby.

MY wife has three older sisters and that is what every single one of them has done. Seen it a million times in people i grew up with too.

. . . it could be a lot worse.

Yep - frozen sperm better than fresh.

Men are obsolete.

Agreed; I just wish my wife Agreed, she keeps asking me to do stuff for her.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Don't go sleepin around and you won't need it

My first pregnancy was a miscarriage -- I fished it out of the toilet.

2nd and 3rd daughters.

4th an elective abortion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My real life experience.

What's yours?

Did you require a mandatory DNA test to know who the father was of those fetuses?

I was married. All from my husband.

However, DNA paternity testing should be mandatory upon request.

And mandatory child support.

In principle I would agree; but there are select situations where such a mandate can be used to harass people.

However in a world were a woman is subjected to potentially carrying a fetus to term when she would rather not, turn about is fair play; So I can support the potential for harassment though mandatory dna tests upon request.

Mandatory child support should be in place, agreed. The child should receive the same income from both their father and their mother.

edit on 11-12-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosby123

Some advanced countries like Japan, and Korea are having a serious, soon to be disastrous population decline.

Why don’t women want boyfriends, husbands, why don’t they want babies??????

This entire dialogue. Everything is their fault, men refuse to take responsibility for anything.
So now women are like, F it. Let the family line die out and I will live my best life.
Men are furious.

Coming soon to a town near you.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I reject that higher rate of bacterial STI is due primarily to higher rate of irresponsibility and promiscuity among women. Why not just do a total "can't be trusted" victim narrative?

I wasn't trying to suggest women were worse than men, so sorry if that is how you read it. I was suggesting STDs all around show a lack of care on both sides and it is hard for me to agree with some people here saying women are religious in their birth control and the "few" that mess up is what we see in abortions.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Old Sookie said men should stay out of it, so I said OK, then all of it too.

Don't misquote or misrepresent me. I never said any such thing.

I suggested that women don't need men to mansplain pregnancy and family issues are serous, life changing issues or require men to oversee their choices or make their choices for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Back to the thread topic.

Hats off to her, she left the state to be treated.
So she will likely retain the ability to have the family she wants in the future.

For this, there will likely be multiple felony charges.

link   

I wasn't trying to suggest women were worse than men, so sorry if that is how you read it. I was suggesting STDs all around show a lack of care on both sides and it is hard for me to agree with some people here saying women are religious in their birth control and the "few" that mess up is what we see in abortions.

That's a false dilemma. It's more than just "the few" that mess up.

The argument was already made.

91%-98% effective rate for oral contraception, with an average of 93%. Means 7 out of every 100 women on oral contraception drugs get pregnant by an expected percentage.

In the United States 62,372,964 women ages 15-44 take oral contraceptive drugs. (Per CDC)

If you apply the failure rate to the total number it equals 4,366,107 accidental pregnancies occuring, even with religiously taken birth control.

900k abortions per an expected 4,366,107 pregnancies is 20%. While those aren't factual numbers, the statistical odds of EVERYONE of those 930k abortions to be accounted for by birth control failure rate alone is present, even though it's known that it is certainly not true.

The demographics are what they are.

The vast majority of women (91.2%) used a contraceptive method at last sex, although this varied significantly by race/ethnicity with 93.2% of white women reporting use of any method, compared to 84.7% of black and 90.5% of Hispanic women

Couple with the failure rate of birth control, various birth control methods, and it counterintuitively translates into a high-end estimate 5:2:1 ratio for the three groups.

There's a logical explanation that isn't the same old original sin ad infinitum here.
edit on 11-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

link   

ou just pull what you want right off the top of the page and spin as you see fit

Yep, just like you do with your serious statistics!
LOL

The pill is 99%+, the 93% comes from misuse.

Nope

Combined oral contraceptives—Also called “the pill,” ....[SNIP]
Typical use failure rate: 7%.

Injection or “shot”—Women get shots of the hormone progestin in the buttocks or arm every three months from their doctor. Typical use failure rate: 4%.

www.cdc.gov...

But again, this thread is about a married woman, mother of 2, with a WANTED pregnancy in which the fetus has a fatal anomaly, and if she doesn't get a timely abortion, she won't be able to have another pregnancy.

This issue isn't about party girls at a frat party, who like having naked pillow fights after each time one of them gets an abortion, like you imagine it to be.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BustedBoomer

So she will likely retain the ability to have the family she wants in the future.

So, I guess the Texas Supreme Court won't be hearing the case, and this will just keep happening to women who have the bad luck of being in Texas while they are pregnant.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, I guess the Texas Supreme Court won't be hearing the case, and this will just keep happening to women who have the bad luck of being in Texas while they are pregnant.

Does anyone know where did she go to have the abortion?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Jane1B
but most women don't have an abortion for fun.

I never suggested it was fun, but it is the easy way out. for most...like in the vast majority. Organizations push it as the easy way out...first choice... type of event too. Then years later the woman has depression based on the reality they did something terribly wrong.

I don't know think the vast majority believes it's an easy way out but there are some women who do. Various circumstances exist that me and you are not aware of pushing women in this direction which is legal in most states.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I would think they wouldn't want to broadcast that.

The doctor who performed the abortion for that 10 year old got put through the proverbial wringer for her part.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

2nd and 3rd daughters.

My real life experience.

What's yours?

Did you require a mandatory DNA test to know who the father was of those fetuses?

In principle I would agree; but there are select situations where such a mandate can be used to harass people.

However in a world were a woman is subjected to potentially carrying a fetus to term when she would rather not, turn about is fair play; So I can support the potential for harassment though mandatory dna tests upon request.

Mandatory child support should be in place, agreed. The child should receive the same income from both their father and their mother.

The woman has no choice. She is the mother. She is held responsible whether it lives, dies, or is aborted.

It takes 2. There is currently only one way to prove #2. It should be mandatory. Both should be held equally responsible.

There is zero excuse in this modern age that DNA paternity is not mandatory -- and both held responsible.

But NO! We're still in the Dark Ages of blaming the woman.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

There is zero excuse in this modern age that DNA paternity is not mandatory -- and both held responsible.

You do know that men LOVE DNA tests... They want to know and I know a good number of men accused of being the father that turned out they are not the father, and if they wait too long then the court makes them responsible no matter what.

In these cases, the courts can decide that it is in the best interest of the child to determine that the man involved is the child’s legal father, despite DNA test results.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You do know that men LOVE DNA tests... They want to know and I know a good number of men accused of being the father that turned out they are not the father, and if they wait too long then the court makes them responsible no matter what.

How nice these men have a choice.

I am aware that sometimes the court will put the welfare of the child first. Imagine that.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

2nd and 3rd daughters.

My real life experience.

What's yours?

The woman has no choice. She is the mother. She is held responsible whether it lives, dies, or is aborted.

It takes 2. There is currently only one way to prove #2. It should be mandatory. Both should be held equally responsible.

I said I agreed with you.

But you are being a bit melodramatic.

No one except people who want to win an online argument go around trying to blame anyone for anyone getting pregnant.

But you are right; the "man" in these hypothetical DNA test argument only has himself to blame if he goes around sleeping with women who are of low moral caliber to use the test as a form of harassment.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I am aware that sometimes the court will put the welfare of the child first. Imagine that.

Imagine some woman telling you that you are the only one she has been with, so the child must be yours. 6 months later you find out it is not your kid and the court says you are still responsible for the kid for the next 18 years. What choice is that when it isn't your kid?

Imagine that...
edit on x31Mon, 11 Dec 2023 19:06:12 -06002023344America/ChicagoMon, 11 Dec 2023 19:06:12 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Some advanced countries like Japan, and Korea are having a serious, soon to be disastrous population decline.

Why don’t women want boyfriends, husbands, why don’t they want babies??????

This entire dialogue. Everything is their fault, men refuse to take responsibility for anything.
So now women are like, F it. Let the family line die out and I will live my best life.
Men are furious.

Coming soon to a town near you.

Speaking about it taking two people.

My Italian Grandmother would point out that todays young and mild age women (on average) are also refusing to take responsibility for anything.

My Italian Grandmother is not an old school submissive woman; she is the toughest woman I know; its not uncharacteristic for her to tell my Grandfather, my father, myself or any man of woman to go F themselves.

But she does believe that a woman (and a man) has the utmost responsibility to take care their home and family and she finds todays generations several lacking.

I do agree with you that such a recipe does not bode well for a town near any of us.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just now, the Texas Supreme Court ruled that the lower court, the court that granted Kate Cox a restraining so that she could access abortion care, was wrong. OVERRULED!

But on Monday the Supreme Court ruled that the lower court made a mistake in ruling that Ms Cox – who is more than 20 weeks pregnant – was entitled to a medical exception.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 3420232023k34America/Chicago2023-12-11T20:34:34-06:0008pm2023-12-11T20:34:34-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Obviously, to a civilised state.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join