It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I post in a statement style.

Was not actually addressing you directly.

Apologies

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's a shame.

The fetus has Trisomy 18, but I get why the technicality is so important.

Her wishes mean nothing and they are going to reinforce her place by making her play incubator for political posturing reasons. Force her to full term and then spend the first two weeks, if not stillborn, trying to keep the child comfortable until the inevitable.

That's cruel to everyone involved. The fetus/baby and the mother. It's not compassion making these rulings.
edit on 11-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Dandandat3

I post in a statement style.

Was not actually addressing you directly.

Apologies

Understood, no apologies necessary.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's a shame.

Her wishes mean nothing and they are going to reinforce her place by making her play incubator for political posturing reasons. Force her to full term and then spend the first two weeks, if not stillborn, trying to keep the child comfortable until the inevitable.

That's cruel to everyone involved. The fetus/baby and the mother. It's not compassion making these rulings.

The baby won't make it because of this condition trisomy 18. They should have allowed her to have the abortion in Texas without causing her so much trouble.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Non sequitur, you brought up paternity tests, you comment has nothing to do with those.

Try again

(post by PorkChop96 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

How refreshing, "F this guy that I CHOSE to have sex with and I am going to make his life hell because I would rather go out partying and screwing while he takes care of the child that will soon have another bastard brother or sister"

You are a real peach, I'm sure guys are lining up to be with you

I have been thinking about this and it seems today many women have this woe-is-me attitude that they can get pregnant and men are typically vile creatures since they can get them pregnant. We also get the "Do you know how dangerous pregnancy is!" response in asking why not go full term even if it would be put up for adoption.

It seems that they have forgotten we all play roles in this survival game we call life. As a man I did a lot of dangerous jobs that cost me 10 surgeries and pain for the rest of my life just to ensure my family was taken care of...oh woe is me
, so women are not the only ones with heavy burdens to bear.

Texas is too extreme on abortions and I would think the vast majority of the country would agree, but there are options and that is what makes America great as you have 50 options and not just one big one. I have moved East because I started to hate what the NW has become, so there are many options if one is willing to take advantage of them. For me to live in CA a company would need to pay me at least 3x what I make now for me to even entertain the idea, for example. So I suggest people should move where it works best for their lifestyle and values. I have said this before.... Don't complain about the lack of work in a depressed area move to where the jobs are, same goes for values and lifestyle.

edit on x31Tue, 12 Dec 2023 07:29:52 -06002023345America/ChicagoTue, 12 Dec 2023 07:29:52 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Non sequitur, you brought up paternity tests, you comment has nothing to do with those.

Try again

DNA Paternity testing needs to be mandatory.

No exceptions.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

For what purpose?

If women didn't sleep around with a multitude of dudes and create a "Mama Mia" scenario for themselves, they would not be needed.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Texas is too extreme on abortions and I would think the vast majority of the country would agree, but there are options and that is what makes America great as you have 50 options and not just one big one. I have moved East because I started to hate what the NW has become, so there are many options if one is willing to take advantage of them. For me to live in CA a company would need to pay me at least 3x what I make now for me to even entertain the idea, for example. So I suggest people should move where it works best for their lifestyle and values. I have said this before.... Don't complain about the lack of work in a depressed area move to where the jobs are, same goes for values and lifestyle.

Of course we can all agree with what you said but how much of it is reality.
Some people thought they lived in a state where “if the mother’s life is at risk” an abortion would be allowed.
Some people thought things like plan B weren’t going to be an issue. Some people were told just travel to another state.
It appears all of the above are now not as they seem.

Our presidential election is going to reflect this. We’ll see what is more at stake, women's health, or the economy.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

For what purpose?

If women didn't sleep around with a multitude of dudes and create a "Mama Mia" scenario for themselves, they would not be needed.

How Dark Ages of you.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Is there no truth to my statement?

What purpose do paternity tests serve if you should already know who the father is?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

The cruelty is the point. The misogyny is the weapon of choice.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Rosby123

This is absolutely insane and they are putting her life on the line.

From another article:

. Her doctors told her that, because she’s had two previous cesarean sections, she faces a higher risk of uterine rupture and hysterectomy. Despite there being “virtually no chance that their baby would survive to birth or long afterwards”, she’s been unable to get an abortion. The complaint states that “because of Texas’s abortion bans, Ms Cox’s physicians have informed her that their ‘hands are tied’ and she will have to wait until her baby dies inside her or carry the pregnancy to term, at which point she will be forced to have a third C-section, only to watch her baby suffer until death”.

www.theguardian.com...

I noticed a lot of pro life NO abortion proponents are VERY quiet

She obviously can't have a child without a c-section, why on Earth would she want to try to reproduce again when the risk of a 3rd child via c-section will come with the exact same risks as she faces currently?

Ah, you know what, forget I asked... I stepped away from politics for several months and completely forgot we're heading into an election year. I expect a lot more dumbassery and lack of common sense in the coming months.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Paxton is now threatening the doctors with jail time if they perform the court ordered abortion.
Texas AG Twitter

Her doctors did state it was medically necessary but would not do so without the court order that was just granted because they are so threatened by the penalties of the new law. They also stated if she waits, with this pregnancy she would need a 3rd c-section which could rob her of her ability to reproduce.

Good on the red states to keep up their war on women. We see how well that's been going for them when it's time to vote. They seem to forget that over 70% of women on both sides of the aisle do not want old men determining control over their bodies, and the claims of "oh, you can still get one when you need it" are being proven over and over again to fail, as women bleed out in their work bathrooms, carry dead fetuses, lose their ability to reproduce, etc.

Yes of course... Nothing says "war on women" like a woman who has had 2 c-sections being a high risk if she has to have a 3rd. Let's all point at public enemy number 1 and blame them for the consequences women who lack common sense have put themselves into.

Obviously this chick, if the story is true, can drive right over to Louisiana, Oklahoma, or New Mexico and have her abortion, but that's not enough for the left when they need things to blame on republicans in the upcoming election year. Thank you for being transparent.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
Thank you, Donald Trump and the Supreme Court, for this mess. It will take years to fix the chaos caused by the overturning of Roe V Wade.

This is only the beginning.

I'm grateful they left it up to the states to decide. This woman can go to the nearest state and get her abortion. You should be happy about that instead of trying to take a mile when you've been given an inch.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Try again

No exceptions.

And whit if the Father is in Mexico? 📛

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Degradation33

The cruelty is the point. The misogyny is the weapon of choice.

Victimhood is such a terrible trait.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And a woman who was denied in Texas? Her insurance wouldn't cover her out of state could not afford the 12 grand and the transportation and the hotel stay costs necessary to recover?

The other woman who after the courts denied her medically necessary termination, tried to go out of state, but by then the abnormality caused the size of the fetus skull to be too large to have the procedure performed elsewhere.

Can you imagine the outrage if men are denied health care and that denial could cause their death, and we just tell you to "go out of state?" And by the way, if someone helps you, they may be charged with a crime.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

Try again

No exceptions.

And whit if the Father is in Mexico? 📛

Since I actually live on the Mexican border -- how does that change anything.

Sperm donor can disappear no matter where he chooses to flop his handle.

Heaven forbid -- we make men responsible via legislation and public vote.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join