It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Jane1B
That's usually a reasonable position but abortions should happen at a later stage if the circumstances demand it like on this instance.

I have no problem with that statement.

I feel that the value of life is being reduced in general. What I'm concerned about is treating abortions as the first choice, the easy way out, or even worse, a money maker for the clinics that sell the fetus and get money from the state, so abortions become a business. At what point do we also say that old people have no more use, are too burdensome, cost money to keep alive... How about crazy homeless people, we can get rid of them too... See my point?

I want women to understand they are killing a human and treat their choice with that in mind. In taking any life a person needs to understand they are killing a human being, and not treat it as some trivial event.

Abortion is a process that isn't easy or casual for most women who choose to go down this path. It could be physically and mentally exhausting and sometimes it's the only solution based on circumstances demanding an abortion. There will some women who will consider this to be the easy way out and a convenience but most women don't have an abortion for fun.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Birth control doesn't prevent the clap.

The vaginal tissue is way more prone to said bacterial infections. Please don't think that equates to higher female culpability in unsafe sex practices, or STD spread.

This CDC sex ed poster should clear up why that could possibly be, and strip it of any attempted argument that women are somehow less careful than men with safe sex practices.

edit on 11-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jane1B
but most women don't have an abortion for fun.

I never suggested it was fun, but it is the easy way out. for most...like in the vast majority. Organizations push it as the easy way out...first choice... type of event too. Then years later the woman has depression based on the reality they did something terribly wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Birth control doesn't prevent the clap.

Never said it did, so not sure how you read that from my post.

I said if women don't even protect themselves from STDs why do people think they would protect themselves from pregnancy?

And before Annee freaks out and yells at me it takes two, my original point was to say that the narrative of the vast majority of women getting pregnant and then having an abortion was due to the small percentage of failures in the use of birth control. I'm just saying a lot more people are not protecting themselves from anything than what people here are suggesting.

This kind of goes down a path of an original point of mine wondering if the more strict abortion laws we see in some states if people are going to take birth control, use of rubbers, etc more seriously.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

And the women choose to let that man sleep with them🤷‍♂️

I'm just saying, if a woman does not want to get pregnant, don't have sex. Easy as that. Just the same as if a man does not want the possibility of being a dad, they need not have sex either.

No one else’s business.

Except the fathers, but you don't care what men have to say on the matter, even when it is their business if it's their baby, so why should I bother bringing it up....

Women have been oppressed by men for eons on this and a whole host of other issues.

I think we as a society need to learn to look the other way if women of today want to pay that oppression forward on to men of today. A few 100 years of women oppressing men might come close to balancing things out.
edit on 11-12-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It takes 2. If the woman considers you at all — it’s her choice.

So then you are suggesting a man should have a say in it all. That isn't what Sookie says.

Women were always blamed.

If the man took off -- still the woman's fault for picking the wrong man.

Depends on your "picker".

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It takes 2.

How surprising a man thinks about himself.

Old Sookie said men should stay out of it, so I said OK, then all of it too.

Last I checked -- we are individuals -- not clones.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

"payback is a bitch" mentality, is not really the answer.

See how well that is going for all other "movements" that are oppressing their oppressors?

That is an endless battel that nobody wins.

But in all reality is what you're saying is that if a man and women have sex and create a life, the man has no say in what happens to the child after conception, unless the mother decides she is going to squeeze every penny out of that man in custody court. Sound about right?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And the women choose to let that man sleep with them🤷‍♂️

I'm just saying, if a woman does not want to get pregnant, don't have sex. Easy as that. Just the same as if a man does not want the possibility of being a dad, they need not have sex either.

No one else’s business.

Except the fathers, but you don't care what men have to say on the matter, even when it is their business if it's their baby, so why should I bother bringing it up....

If the woman doesn't consider the man -- guess it's his fault for not picking the right woman.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Sure, whatever makes you feel better.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sure, whatever makes you feel better.

Let me know when DNA Paternity becomes mandatory.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

"payback is a bitch" mentality, is not really the answer.

See how well that is going for all other "movements" that are oppressing their oppressors?

That is an endless battel that nobody wins.

But in all reality is what you're saying is that if a man and women have sex and create a life, the man has no say in what happens to the child after conception, unless the mother decides she is going to squeeze every penny out of that man in custody court. Sound about right?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying ... though money may not be the only reason a woman may choose to involve the father. For example men can also make good baby sitters when the women goes to work. And a women may not want to squeeze out every penny, just enough pennies to take care of the child.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Don't go sleepin around and you won't need it

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

In most cases that is all that is ever wanted from a father that the mother chooses to not have in the childs life.

Money and a place to go when the mother wants to go out on the town and get knocked up with some other dudes baby.

MY wife has three older sisters and that is what every single one of them has done. Seen it a million times in people i grew up with too.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

My first pregnancy was a miscarriage -- I fished it out of the toilet.

2nd and 3rd daughters.

4th an elective abortion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My real life experience.

What's yours?

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In most cases that is all that is ever wanted from a father that the mother chooses to not have in the childs life.

Money and a place to go when the mother wants to go out on the town and get knocked up with some other dudes baby.

MY wife has three older sisters and that is what every single one of them has done. Seen it a million times in people i grew up with too.

No bodies perfect; but after eons of oppression is it really a wonder why some women choose to let their hair down at the expense of some man? The man should be great full that he isn't experiencing worse ... it could be a lot worse.
edit on 11-12-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

2nd and 3rd daughters.

My real life experience.

What's yours?

Did you require a mandatory DNA test to know who the father was of those fetuses?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

2nd and 3rd daughters.

My real life experience.

What's yours?

Did you require a mandatory DNA test to know who the father was of those fetuses?

I was married. All from my husband.

However, DNA paternity testing should be mandatory upon request.

And mandatory child support.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I said if women don't even protect themselves from STDs why do people think they would protect themselves from pregnancy?

...I'm just saying a lot more people are not protecting themselves from anything than what people here are suggesting.

That's why women have higher rates. Use of birth control and partners that don't know what they have.

No one really complains the rubber doesn't need to be used in the moment.

With Chlamydia women often diagnose it as a yeast infection, and when the symptoms go away, assume correctness in the diagnosis.

Then spread it to a partner, that if a man, has a 50/50 shot of knowing they are spreading it to others. Couple that with the vagina's susceptibility to bacterial infection vs. the penis and the numbers are not indicative of poor planning, and can't be used as an equivalence for unplanned pregnancy rates.

There's tons of reason why the rates are higher that aren't related to what you suggest.

I reject that higher rate of bacterial STI is due primarily to higher rate of irresponsibility and promiscuity among women. Why not just do a total "can't be trusted" victim narrative?

The 900k abortions are more than easily explained by common (within percentage) failures of contraception methods. And when bypassed prevention is not present, it is usually two mutually responsible hormone fueled partners. Neither more responsible for the pregnancy. But ultimately, half of that hormone fueled equation doesn't matter on the final decision, even though his seed has been implanted.

Neither rates of unplanned pregnancy nor comparative STI data affirmatively suggests women aren't protecting themselves from both. Birth control, the yearly scheduled OBGYN appointments that screen for STD's if you've been sexually active. All things in place to have a perfectly fine level of control over our own goddamn ability to not get pregnant or contract STD's (where applicable).
edit on 11-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

. . . it could be a lot worse.

Yep - frozen sperm better than fresh.

Men are obsolete.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join