It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Our presidential election is going to reflect this. We’ll see what is more at stake, women's health, or the economy.

Trump will win so what do you think? Congress could have fixed this a few times since the 90s as everyone knows the SC ruling was a bandaid outside of their authority to do. All congress needs to do is create the law and then it is done. Why hasn’t Congress done that when liberals have been in control?

What the SC did was correct and fixed a major error, the libs done want it fixed as they use it as one of their major talking points. Just think if they didn’t have at least that.

Also, women’s health accounts to well under 5% of abortions, so good luck getting everyone on your side with that.

edit on x31Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:22:09 -06002023345America/ChicagoTue, 12 Dec 2023 14:22:09 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Also, women’s health accounts to well under 5% of abortions, so good luck getting everyone on your side with that.

It's such a small number of women, why is it such a problem for Texas, et al, to allow for a "woman's health" exception?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Annee

Non sequitur, you brought up paternity tests, you comment has nothing to do with those.

Try again

DNA Paternity testing needs to be mandatory.

No exceptions.

And whit if the Father is in Mexico? 📛

Since I actually live on the Mexican border -- how does that change anything.

Sperm donor can disappear no matter where he chooses to flop his handle.

Heaven forbid -- we make men responsible via legislation and public vote.

I was asking you the question. 😀

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's such a small number of women, why is it such a problem for Texas, et al, to allow for a "woman's health" exception?

You need to ask Sheila Jackson Lee. 🍄

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Why do you ask me this when I have already said several times I disagree with the abortion laws in Texas? Seems you just want an argument...

My point in my post is that the economy is more important than abortion rights. Pregnancy is a natural process, so to suggest it is killing women left and right if they do not get an abortion just doesn't cut it. You all can hate men for getting women pregnant and hate the system for suggesting that life in you has rights too, but at the end of the day, the price of gas is more important.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

My point in my post is that the economy is more important than abortion rights.

More important to who?

Woman's autonomy of her body is more important to me than money.

Mandatory DNA Paternity testing also.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Annee

Non sequitur, you brought up paternity tests, you comment has nothing to do with those.

Try again

DNA Paternity testing needs to be mandatory.

No exceptions.

And whit if the Father is in Mexico? 📛

Since I actually live on the Mexican border -- how does that change anything.

Sperm donor can disappear no matter where he chooses to flop his handle.

Heaven forbid -- we make men responsible via legislation and public vote.

I was asking you the question. 😀

What if the father is any where?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Why do you ask me this when I have already said several times I disagree with the abortion laws in Texas? Seems you just want an argument...

Why do you post garbage like this:

And then act the victim when you're called out on it?

My point in my post is that the economy is more important than abortion rights.

Having kids isn't cheap. Family planning is economics for plenty of voters. It's not like the choice is between one or the other here. There is no reason why both issues can't be addressed.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This story, this thread, these responses underscore the different viewpoints of the debate really quite well. There seems to be a lot of "Gotcha!" themed posts made to shame or make pro-life people feel ashamed. The people using this to dunk on pro-life conservatives are completely unaware that conservatives can reply with roughly 626,000 "gotcha's." There were 626,000 abortions in 2021. I believe that to be the year we have the most current data on.

I don't feel strongly that this woman should be prevented from having an abortion if the baby is basically terminally ill (As is my understanding of the case.) I don't think it is a great hill to die on for Pro-lifers. However, you egregiously overestimate your moral high ground if you think this is a "gotcha" shameful "stand here and take your medicine" moment as you lecture us from atop a mountain of 626k dead babies.

I am incapable of being "shamed" by anyone supporting the wholesale slaughter of babies in the womb. So, check your moral authority at the door.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Why do you post garbage like this:

Because the question was asked what is more important, Women's health or the economy? Around 800 to 1000 women die in America due to some kind of maternal cause, so is it really a women's health issue?

I could say that having an abortion is much worse than going to term.
Women who have an abortion are 3x more likely that women of child-bearing age in the general population to commit suicide.
2. The increased risk percentage of women who have an abortion compared to women in the general population of having at least one mental health issue: 81%.
3. Teen girls are up to 10x more likely to attempt suicide then their counterparts who have not had an abortion.
4. Teen girls who have had an abortion are up to 4x more likely to successfully commit suicide when compared to older women who have had an abortion.
5. About 45% of women who have had an abortion report having suicidal feelings immediately following their procedure.
6. Only 1% of women of child-bearing age seek psychiatric help for mental health issues in the 9 months prior to having an abortion. After having an abortion, the percentage rises to 1.5%.
7. Within a year after first-time mothers gave birth, 7 per 1,000 women were treated for mental-health issues, in comparison to 4 per 1,000 before baby.
8. Up to 33% of mothers will experience depression at least once between the time their child is born and the child’s 12th birthday.
9. 1995 data suggests that the rate of deliberate self-harm is 70% higher after abortion than after childbirth.
10. The British Journal of Psychiatry found an 81% increased risk of mental trauma after abortion.
11. At least 27% of women who have an abortion will have a moment of suicidal ideation afterward.
12. A study of California Medicaid patients found that the risks of suicide increase by 154% for women after they have an abortion.
13. 2 in 3 women who have a late abortion [after 12 weeks] suffer from the clinical definition of PTSD.
14. 40% of women in one UK survey said that they wanted to keep their child, but the pressures of others to have an abortion forced their hand in the decision.
15. Women whose first pregnancies ended in abortion are 65% more likely to score in the ‘high-risk’ range for clinical depression than women whose first pregnancies resulted in a birth.
16. Abortion may be a risk factor for subsequent depression in women for up to 8 years after the pregnancy event.
17. Women who have had an abortion are 34% more likely to develop an anxiety disorder.
18. 110%. That’s the increased risk of alcohol abuse in women who have had an abortion.
19. The number of women who have an abortion every year in the United States: 827,000.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

More important to who?

Woman's autonomy of her body is more important to me than money.

Mandatory DNA Paternity testing also.

I'm just saying no matter how important this subject is to you, Trump will be elected and the abortion issue can take a back seat.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Those statistic don’t mean much.

We have to dig deeper, WHY are those girls having abortions, SEE that’s the answer to the question.

Perhaps a relative got them pregnant. Perhaps an abusive boyfriend. Perhaps they were raped. Perhaps he said the condom “broke”. Perhaps she lives in poverty and needs money, Perhaps she is human trafficked, Perhaps she was date raped.

The answer to why those women/girls are having abortions are something GUYS don’t want to talk about because it would involved action on their part, responsibility on their part.

Perhaps if Men just plugged their hole there would be no need for abortions!

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Those statistic don’t mean much.

We have to dig deeper, WHY are those girls having abortions, SEE that’s the answer to the question.

Perhaps a relative got them pregnant. Perhaps an abusive boyfriend. Perhaps they were raped. Perhaps he said the condom “broke”. Perhaps she lives in poverty and needs money, Perhaps she is human trafficked, Perhaps she was date raped.

The answer to why those women/girls are having abortions are something GUYS don’t want to talk about because it would involved action on their part, responsibility on their part.

Perhaps if Men just plugged their hole there would be no need for abortions!

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

They seem to have a problem with abortion in Texas. Big problem...

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Because the question was asked what is more important, Women's health or the economy? Around 800 to 1000 women die in America due to some kind of maternal cause, so is it really a women's health issue?

It wasn't a huge health emergency in the years you opportunistically pulled your statistics from, before women's health and life saving abortions became illegal in the states with the most egregious maternal mortality rates in the world.

There you go again, mansplaining to women why women need men to protect them from themselves and the bad choices they might make if they have rights.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It wasn't a huge health emergency in the years you opportunistically pulled your statistics from, before women's health and life saving abortions became illegal in the states with the most egregious maternal mortality rates in the world.

There you go again, mansplaining to women why women need men to protect them from themselves and the bad choices they might make if they have rights.

Texas is governed by christian conservatives and that's why the problems with abortion and a range of other things.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DSKavka

I can't speak for others, but I certainly don't use this as a "gotcha". As a woman who's been pregnant 4x, with one miscarraige and 3 c- sections and 3 beautiful daughters this is an extremely personal and important topic. This is all females health care we are talking about. I don't say women because I don't consider the 12 or 13 year old rape victim who was in the news a "woman". She's a young girl to me.

I do have an issue with the "pro- life" group who don't find any reasonable ground. The GOP certainly wants all women to have children, yet there are no plans to make sure all pregnant women have health care free, or a paid leave, or reasonable child care choices, are battling free lunches, and help for poor families. It seems like the pro- life group is pro-fetus.

Are women going to be able to claim the fetus on their taxes? Are we going to make the other responsible party, men, pay child support from the moment of conception? Are they interested in improving the foster care and adoption systems? Nope. Some woman make the choice for financial reasons. Now you want to force them with something they cannot even support the 9 months they are pregnant? Thank goodness for the affordable care act, because previously insurance could deny you as they considered pregnancy a pre-existing condtion. That was a Dem and Obama. The GOP sure as heck want to make laws to force women to carry, even when non viable. With laws in place and suggested to criminalize doctors,a woman's family, and with Missouri's new suggested bill, imprisoning a woman who gets an abortion. Meanwhile medically necessary ones are being denied by proudly pro life judges who apparently never heard of the separation of church and state.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My point in my post is that the economy is more important than abortion rights. Pregnancy is a natural process, so to suggest it is killing women left and right if they do not get an abortion just doesn't cut it. You all can hate men for getting women pregnant and hate the system for suggesting that life in you has rights too, but at the end of the day, the price of gas is more important.

Texas will cause menu more problems to women who will be forced to travel elsewhere to have an abortion. But what do you expect when some fundamentalist christian politicians and judges dismiss the needs of women and the medical advise given over some religious beliefs.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Men are so evil...

Maybe her body count is triple digits and her luck ran out.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Men are so evil...

Maybe her body count is triple digits and her luck ran out.

When it comes to abortion and abortion rights it looks like some christian conservative men to be over excited and want absolute control. Obsession and paranoia with bronze age scripture...

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join