It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

There you go again, mansplaining to women why women need men to protect them from themselves and the bad choices they might make if they have rights.

There you go again ignoring statistics when they don't agree with you.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BosonC

Texas will cause menu more problems to women who will be forced to travel elsewhere to have an abortion. But what do you expect when some fundamentalist christian politicians and judges dismiss the needs of women and the medical advise given over some religious beliefs.

WOW! Your first post, I feel so special!

Sookie is that you?

I expect the people there to vote for whom they want to set the laws. I wish the liberals had fixed this 30-plus years ago, but I'm sure they do not want to as it is like their last vote platform left.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

When it comes to abortion and abortion rights it looks like some christian conservative men to be over excited and want absolute control. Obsession and paranoia with bronze age scripture...

What? lol

40% of males/females are against abortions. That isn't even across each state either. you could have 80% or 90% in CA and NY and that kind of skews the numbers when we look at each state.

In Texas, 78% think abortions should be allowed for events like this case, rape etc., but only 38% overall feel it should be legal as a choice too. So where do you think the vote will go in the near future?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There you go again ignoring statistics when they don't agree with you.

Quite frankly, your statistics smell like the nether region area of your body from which you pulled them. None of them are even real.

edit on 3820232023k49America/Chicago2023-12-12T18:49:38-06:0006pm2023-12-12T18:49:38-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Quite frankly, your statistics smell like the nether region area of your body from which you pulled them. None of them are even real.

OK, I guess you are the expert here. So either there is depression after abortion or not...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

When it comes to abortion and abortion rights it looks like some christian conservative men to be over excited and want absolute control. Obsession and paranoia with bronze age scripture...

What? lol

40% of males/females are against abortions. That isn't even across each state either. you could have 80% or 90% in CA and NY and that kind of skews the numbers when we look at each state.

In Texas, 78% think abortions should be allowed for events like this case, rape etc., but only 38% overall feel it should be legal as a choice too. So where do you think the vote will go in the near future?

It doesn't seem abortion are allowed in Texas under whatever circumstances.

Do you know why? Maybe because Texas is governed by some extreme right wing christians who believe the bible must be the only source of public policy.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: retrigon

Do you know why? Maybe because Texas is governed by some extreme right wing christians who believe the bible must be the only source of public policy.

I really can't take your posts seriously since it seems you keep changing sleeves every time you post. My point was that it doesn't matter if Texas is governed by extreme right-wing Christians, the people there voted them into office to do it. If the people do not like it then vote for more moderates, or move. The overwhelming group that supports abortions is liberal single females, which being just single is 30% of the whole group aged 18 to 60. If 80% are liberal then you are looking at 26% of the voter base.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Maybe for people like Kate Cox, whose pregnancy was wanted, or other women who wanted their pregnancies, but their families or significant others didn't and were unsupportive. But most women who seek out abortions experience incredible relief once it's been done.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Do you have a source for this?

It's my understanding the majority of abortions are done for convenience and or as a form of birth control. Plenty of men don't like wearing condoms, but as they used to say in high school (the ones that didn't get pregnant) "No glove, no love."

I've known three women in my life who told me they had an abortion. One of them had three. None of them wanted to use birth control because they were caught up in the moment. One of those women has passed and the other two truly regret their decision years later.

I don't agree with what Texas is doing here, but lets not pretend that most women abort due to medical reasons.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: koolkikitty
It's my understanding the majority of abortions are done for convenience and or as a form of birth control.

So what? Their body -- their choice.

I've known three women in my life who told me they had an abortion. One of them had three. None of them wanted to use birth control because they were caught up in the moment. One of those women has passed and the other two truly regret their decision years later.

I'm here. Not second hand.

I had an abortion by choice.

I do not for one second regret that decision.

I would have been pissed as Hell if I did not have that right of choice.

It is no one else's business.

If men were in a same situation -- this would be done and over. No legislating their free choice and being voted on by the public.

edit on am1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Point being, that a large percentage of women have regrets over their choice, sometimes deep regrets that do cause depression. The fact that you refuse to accept that is a reflection on you.

Abortion is not without victim(s). There truly is no "so what."

a reply to: Annee

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: koolkikitty

I've known three women in my life who told me they had an abortion. One of them had three. None of them wanted to use birth control because they were caught up in the moment.

I'm calling BS on this. That's hardly the way birth control works. women are either on the pill or getting regular hormonal shots, have an IUD. A woman who uses a diaphragm is not lazy and are in fact pretty committed, usually married or in a long term relationship, and went through all the trouble of getting fit for a diaphragm in the first place.

A condom is NOT birth control.

I don't agree with what Texas is doing here, but lets not pretend that most women abort due to medical reasons.

Nobody is making any such claim.

But, I really wonder, why don't you agree with Texas in this case. You never said.

edit on 1620232023k21America/Chicago2023-12-13T12:21:16-06:0012pm2023-12-13T12:21:16-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: retrigon

I really can't take your posts seriously since it seems you keep changing sleeves every time you post. My point was that it doesn't matter if Texas is governed by extreme right-wing Christians, the people there voted them into office to do it. If the people do not like it then vote for more moderates, or move. The overwhelming group that supports abortions is liberal single females, which being just single is 30% of the whole group aged 18 to 60. If 80% are liberal then you are looking at 26% of the voter base.

Women's autonomy should not be legislated on and voted on by a public -- in the first place.

I don't care who voted who into office,

Right to abortion is not their business.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Point being, that a large percentage of women have regrets over their choice

I never met a single woman who wished she had given birth instead of getting an abortion. Every woman I've known was gratefully relieved after her abortion.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If men were in a same situation -- this would be done and over. No legislating their free choice and being voted on by the public.

That is exactly it! I have never had an abortion but I recognize that it is NOBODYS business but the womans. It is in her body.
When that happens to men they can make that choice.

For States that don’t allow it I propose
Automatic DNA paternity at birth
Harsher sentences for men that get underaged girls pregnant, and I mean harsh, like 18 years in Jail!
Harsher sentences for families that abuse kids in the foster care system, like 18 years in jail NO early release.
Harsher sentences for rape, yes again 18 YEARS in jail.

But see, nobody wants to talk about those things!! Convienent!

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: koolkikitty
Point being, that a large percentage of women have regrets over their choice, sometimes deep regrets that do cause depression. The fact that you refuse to accept that is a reflection on you.

Abortion is not without victim(s). There truly is no "so what."

Again - I had an abortion. My choice. No regret.

I openly talk about it because someone needs to.

However, it is not something brought up in general conversation.

Look at the persecution just on this discussion board and others.

I had an abortion -- I do not know one other person who has. But you claim you know 3 and all 3 have regret.

I call BS too.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That is exactly it! I have never had an abortion but I recognize that it is NOBODYS business but the womans. It is in her body.
When that happens to men they can make that choice.

For States that don’t allow it I propose
Automatic DNA paternity at birth
Harsher sentences for men that get underaged girls pregnant, and I mean harsh, like 18 years in Jail!
Harsher sentences for families that abuse kids in the foster care system, like 18 years in jail NO early release.
Harsher sentences for rape, yes again 18 YEARS in jail.

But see, nobody wants to talk about those things!! Convienent!

Absolutely!!!!

And absolutely DNA Paternity testing should be mandatory -- at birth. And the man has to pay for it if he is proven to be the father.

Right now -- you can politely ask the sperm donor who is under no obligation to cooperate.

Or you can request through legal action a DNA paternity test. Doesn't mean it will be granted. But why should a woman have to go through this? It's not free. Just more burden on the woman.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Point being, that a large percentage of women have regrets over their choice

I never met a single woman who wished she had given birth instead of getting an abortion. Every woman I've known was gratefully relieved after her abortion.

Yes, I was greatly relieved.

I was in no position to raise a 3rd child,

Myth: "Once you have a child of your own, you'd never have an abortion"

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

In my many decades I've met and corresponded with many women who'd had abortions. The worst of abortion aftermath is shame and guilt. That's projected on them by family, church and outspoken protesters. They weren't experiencing a sense of personal loss, but alienation and betrayal.

edit on 2620232023k43America/Chicago2023-12-13T14:43:26-06:0002pm2023-12-13T14:43:26-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In my many decades I've met and corresponded with many women who'd had abortions. The worst of abortion aftermath is shame and guilt, that's projected on them by family, church and outspoken protesters. They weren't experiencing a sense of personal loss, but alienation and betrayal.

Yes, I had one experience like that. My 2nd husband was raised Mormon. He had left the church but wanted to try again as married adults. I had to confess my abortion. Elder kept trying to put words in my mouth. I wasn't having it. I never once agreed with what he kept saying. He signed off anyway (5 years later left church over gay marriage).

To this day my attitude: "How Dare He".

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join