It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So why hasn't anybody challenged with this Federal Law then? Hmmmm 🍄😃

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

But when it comes to women’s rights — the ERA still hasn’t been ratified.

You all keep ignoring the elephant in the room with all this. You just say women's rights while not recognizing the rights of the child. It's like if the mom says its a baby then its a baby, if the mom says it is a bag of cells then it is a bag of cells. Kill a pregnant woman and it is a double homicide, but if the mom wants to kill the baby then it's OK.

There are many back and forths within the law too as to the legal rights of the unborn. We also cannot define when a human becomes a human either so there is the other side of the issue and why this isn't just a simple case of woman's rights.

What child?

I support LIVING children. I support free lunches for all LIVING children. I support free medical for all LIVING children. I support free education for all LIVING children.

I do not support bringing another life into this world just to say you did. Especially, if it’s unwanted.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What child?

I support LIVING children. I support free lunches for all LIVING children. I support free medical for all LIVING children. I support free education for all LIVING children.

I do not support bringing another life into this world just to say you did. Especially, if it’s unwanted.

When does a human being become a human being?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What child?

Not when you say it does.

My business is not your business.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So why hasn't anybody challenged with this Federal Law then? Hmmmm 🍄😃

What do you mean "then"?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If you are unwilling to define when a human being becomes one then what argument do you have here? And it is a great example of why this isn't just a women's right thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If you are unwilling to define when a human being becomes one then what argument do you have here? And it is a great example of why this isn't just a women's right thing.

I don’t owe you anything.

Any idiot mammal reproduces. It’s nothing sacred.

LIVING CHILDREN are.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

LIVING CHILDREN are.

When does a person become a child? I'm not sure why you push such negative vibes back at me with a simple question. I would like to draw a line in the sand, not that it is 100% correct, but just to have a line somewhere.
edit on x31Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:25:16 -06002023347America/ChicagoThu, 14 Dec 2023 15:25:16 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

LIVING CHILDREN are.

When does a person become a child? I'm not sure why you push such negative vibes back at me with a simple question. I would like to draw a line in the sand, not that it is 100% correct, but just to have a line somewhere.

Viable outside the womb.

This is not the first time I’ve told you that.

Did you think I was going to say something else?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Viable outside the womb.

I don't remember everything, so you are for partial-birth abortions? This is why I think a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I find the idea that 10 seconds before a child is born the child is an it, and 1 second after it is a beautiful child that should have all our protections.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Just stop!

Partial Birth Abortions have been banned since 2003, when Congress passed an Act.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Partial Birth Abortions have been banned since 2003, when Congress passed an Act.

The question was when is a human human? ANNEE said "Viable outside the womb" so I'm trying to see where the cutoff line is.

edit on x31Thu, 14 Dec 2023 17:03:46 -06002023347America/ChicagoThu, 14 Dec 2023 17:03:46 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Like 25 or 26.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Like 25 or 26.

LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Welcome Back AM!
You've been missed!

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Viable outside the womb.

I don't remember everything, so you are for partial-birth abortions? This is why I think a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I find the idea that 10 seconds before a child is born the child is an it, and 1 second after it is a beautiful child that should have all our protections.

Procreation is a biological mechanism. It does not require brains or morals or anything else invented by humans.

Sanctity of the child? After they are born.

But Hey! Let's put LIVING KIDS in cages. I love "selective" morality.

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The question was when is a human human? ANNEE said "Viable outside the womb" so I'm trying to see where the cutoff line is.

No. This is what you asked:

so you are for partial-birth abortions? This is why I think a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

You posted that because of partial birth abortions, a line needs to be drawn.

That's an ignorant straw man argument. Nobody is advocating for aborting healthy, viable fetus at 9 months.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Welcome Back AM!
You've been missed!

DITTO

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Procreation is a biological mechanism. It does not require brains or morals or anything else invented by humans.

Sanctity of the child? After they are born.

But Hey! Let's put LIVING KIDS in cages. I love "selective" morality.

Life itself is a biological mechanism...lol geez

As I said, it is just not logical to go from just before birth being and "it" to seconds later the "it" is now a God Damn human being...lol

Just admit you are willing to kill one life to not put a burden on the mother and we can call it good. You all make it so complicated.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That's an ignorant straw man argument. Nobody is advocating for aborting healthy, viable fetus at 9 months.

A line needs to be drawn period or all this crap will never end. Draw a line where both sides are not happy and you reach the correct spot.

I'm not the one who said a human is once " "Viable outside the womb", so what does that mean? How about 8 months?

edit on x31Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:04:48 -06002023347America/ChicagoThu, 14 Dec 2023 22:04:48 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join