It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Health Secretary to ban transwomen from female hospital wards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

edit on 9-10-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

And your personal experience counts as what?

It counts as nothing more than personal experience of an NHS Trust.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
For me personally, this thread is an example of just how far ATS has fallen scientifically.

We used to have really advanced threads on here regarding space, science, technology, medicine, chemistry etc. And this thread now exemplifies the current standard of scientific knowledge on here.

It's pretty disappointing, but oh well. As they say... Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Now we have threads where a number of members say there are more than 2 genders and that men can magically transform into women by taking drugs and chopping off their genitals.

Recently we have had a claim that men and women are the same and get the same diseases. But I asked you can men get cervical cancer??

I didn't get a reply by the way.

You have been making a range of arguments that have no basis in science or even basic anatomy and biology.

The decision by the UK Health Secretary to ban transwomen from female hospital wards is sound.

There is nothing more antiscientific as the transgender ideology which you seem to support.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'd say that personal experience of something counts for quite a lot?
edit on 9-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

You mean to say there are brain surgeons who only operate on males and those who operate on females?

Or heart transplant, or hip replacement, you're saying there are separate doctors for each sex?

Prove it please. I don't believe you.

No I don't. It's a strawman.
Keep the conversation on the topic of this thread.

The only different doctors we need are the OBGYN. And if these are fully transitioned women, they will go to an OBGYN, they won't have to turn their heads and cough.

Why would a fully transitioned woman see a gynecologist?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

And your personal experience counts as what?

It counts as nothing more than personal experience of an NHS Trust.

But your personal experience on this matter doesn't answer the question of when and why men have been allowed in female hospital wards given that your admission in a hospital ward depends on your biological sex and not how you feel or identity as.

link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

You mean to say there are brain surgeons who only operate on males and those who operate on females?

Or heart transplant, or hip replacement, you're saying there are separate doctors for each sex?

The only different doctors we need are the OBGYN. And if these are fully transitioned women, they will go to an OBGYN, they won't have to turn their heads and cough.

Why would a trans woman see a gynecologist?

That would be absurd!!

Maybe they believe they're now women after they have 'transitioned' by taking a range of drugs and hormones and have removed their genitalia.
edit on 9-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: gortex

I'd say that personal experience of something counts for quite a lot?

Shush...
edit on 9-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What does "sush" mean?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't think they have a womb or ovaries installed.....or do they?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I don't think they have a womb or ovaries installed.....or do they?

That's physically impossible...
But I still find nothing wrong with the ban which is based on biological sex and not gender identity.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

"Shush"?

No.

I am free to post on here, you don't get to silence me.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

They are working on transplanting a womb into men.

Not sure whose womb they will use?

Wouldn't it be easier to just transplant the person's brain into a woman's cranium?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It literally is not a strawman, it could not be more on topic, you just don't have a reply.

Men and women are exactly the same medically. The only different doctors we need are the OBGYN. And if these are fully transitioned women, they will go to an OBGYN, they won't have to turn their heads and cough.

Sorry no you are wrong even a man who has his penis re-fashioned into a neo vagina still has no need to go to an OBGYN, they don't have any actual female parts, no cervix, no fallopian tubes, no uterus. In fact your average OBGYN wouldn't even know what they are looking at, it's basically an open wound that the transgender person has to dilate every day for the rest of their life to keep it open.

The whole issue with mixed words is that when people are in hospital they are very vulnerable and may have to be examined and given treatment on the ward by doctors and nurses. Most people feel more comfortable, particularly women to be in a same sex ward, they don't really want to share a space with men, and sadly as has happened in the past, men in women's spaces have indeed assaulted, raped and intimidated women, and it is the trans "women" who are given access to these spaces.

As for more important issues, yes sure, but I'll bet anyone who says that is a man. Until you have walked into a female space such as a public bathroom to be confronted with a 6'4" man, wearing fake boobs, a bad wig and even worse makeup, dressed in clothes more appropriate for a strip club, as a women, you cannot fully understand how it feels. Oh and if you complain you get hounded by the rabid pro trans mob, who often threaten physical violence against women who have an issue with that.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

Is there a formal complaint process in UK hospitals? Were the women aware they could complain or did they think it was something they had to live with?

If they mentioned something to the nurse or doctor, would that be reported?

edit on October 9th 2023 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Men and women are exactly the same medically. The only different doctors we need are the OBGYN. And if these are fully transitioned women, they will go to an OBGYN, they won't have to turn their heads and cough.

And here's why women have a problem with transmen;

Saying transmen are women reduces the concept of being a woman to makeup and a space between your legs.

Biologically, there are so many more differences.
edit on October 9th 2023 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

They would be immediately arrested by our woke Police, charged with hate crime and imprisoned without trial.

Obviously?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

They would be immediately arrested by our woke Police, charged with hate crime and imprisoned without trial.

Obviously?

You make fun of it?
You never know what could happen especially if you're living in one of the most woke countries in the planet.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well, I can make fun of it.

I am free to do so.

It's good to have fun.

Try it sometime?

The UK is probably the least woke on the planet.

As you have been shown.
edit on 9-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Is there a formal complaint process in UK hospitals?

Yes.

You can complain in writing, by email or by speaking to someone in the organisation. You should make your complaint within 12 months of the incident or within 12 months of the matter coming to your attention. This time limit can sometimes be extended as long as it is still possible to investigate your complaint.
www.england.nhs.uk...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join