It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Health Secretary to ban transwomen from female hospital wards

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: Mahogany
a reply to: Muldar

You mean to say there are brain surgeons who only operate on males and those who operate on females?

Or heart transplant, or hip replacement, you're saying there are separate doctors for each sex?

Prove it please. I don't believe you.

No I don't. It's a strawman.
Keep the conversation on the topic of this thread.

It literally is not a strawman, it could not be more on topic, you just don't have a reply.

Men and women are exactly the same medically. The only different doctors we need are the OBGYN. And if these are fully transitioned women, they will go to an OBGYN, they won't have to turn their heads and cough.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

this can be resolved by a few words from the health minister and possibly a court case brought by interested parties

Exactly , like most things the government does it will likely be challenged in court and the government would probably lose as it could be seen as discriminatory.

Todays headlines are tomorrows chip paper.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You mean to say there are brain surgeons who only operate on males and those who operate on females?

Or heart transplant, or hip replacement, you're saying there are separate doctors for each sex?

It literally is not a strawman, it could not be more on topic, you just don't have a reply.

Men and women are exactly the same medically. The only different doctors we need are the OBGYN. And if these are fully transitioned women, they will go to an OBGYN, they won't have to turn their heads and cough.

I think you have confused your arguments here. The UK admits patients in wards according to their biological sex and not 'gender identity'. So transwomen cannot be in women's hospital wards.

Forget about medical matters and diseases. We are not the same and we don't get the same diseases. Can men get cervical cancer? But that's not the topic of this conversation.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SprocketUK

this can be resolved by a few words from the health minister and possibly a court case brought by interested parties

Exactly , like most things the government does it will likely be challenged in court and the government would probably lose as it could be seen as discriminatory.

Todays headlines are tomorrows chip paper.

Thats its own level of ridiculous right there. Kind of like all teh hoo ha about that scottish rapist wanting to go to a womens prison.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HologramSimpleton432Hz

"Kaliyuga"?

What's that?

Who is saying anything is"viciously vilified as hateful and dangerous"?

Welcome to ATS, by the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HologramSimpleton432Hz
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

You're very right!
Common sense is attacked but it has been restored in many cases. All you have to do is see what happened the last 2 years in relation to transwomen in sports and female only spaces.
edit on Sun Oct 8 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I think you have confused your arguments here. The UK admits patients in wards according to their biological sex and not 'gender identity'. So transwomen cannot be in women's hospital wards.

Forget about medical matters and diseases. We are not the same and we don't get the same diseases. Can men get cervical cancer? But that's not the topic of this conversation.

It is the topic of this conversation. The topic you created is focused on this. What are women, what are men.

They don't do genetic testing when you get admitted to the hospital, and outside of the OBGYN, which I already mentioned, we use the same doctors. We have identical bodies, get the same diseases and have the same injuries. We take the same blood pressure meds and antibiotics and have the same surgeries.

There is no reason to separate women from men medically. But this is not a medical decision, this is a political/cultural decision.

And as others already mentioned, it will be news for only a flash.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It is the topic of this conversation. The topic you created is focused on this. What are women, what are men.

They don't do genetic testing when you get admitted to the hospital, and outside of the OBGYN, which I already mentioned, we use the same doctors. We have identical bodies, get the same diseases and have the same injuries. We take the same blood pressure meds and antibiotics and have the same surgeries.

There is no reason to separate women from men medically. But this is not a medical decision, this is a political/cultural decision.

And as others already mentioned, it will be news for only a flash.

Do men get cervical cancer?
Out of curiosity...

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HologramSimpleton432Hz

You know we are in the Kaliyuga when common sense is viciously vilified as hateful and dangerous.

The usual suspects here will take issue with this, naturally.

You're very right!
Common sense is attacked but it has been restored in many cases. All you have to do is see what happened the last 2 years in relation to transwomen in sports and female only spaces.

People seem to forget about nearly the entire Earth being shut down and billions of people forced to be injected with unknown chemical concoctions or potentially ruin their entire lives.

With that type of lockstep coordination (which us nutjobs have been saying they possess for decades), people should be seeing the conspiratorial angle immediately before anything else.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HologramSimpleton432Hz

Billions of people were 'forced"?

"Billions"?

When?

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Only a man would say they are exactly the same. Being male/female makes a significant difference in almost all treatments.
When my blood pressure dropped, they wanted to know the last time I had my period. If you are still menstruating, your risk of a heart attack is pretty low so they will closely look at other causes.

And if you have ever been hospitalized, you will realize very quickly, you have very little privacy. Your gown is often removed for examination, you use bed pans, you talk about very private things like if you could be pregnant, stools, ect.

I had out patient surgery when I was much younger. They had people change in gowns on a lower floor. I was in the elevator with a man getting another surgery. I was in my gown - no bra/no underwear. He was leering at me - made for a very uncomfortable few minutes.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Except, I have been hospitalised for a week quite recently.

They had these things round our beds, called screens?

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Don't know what you were in for but those screens get opened and closed as people walk in and out.

If they have you hooked up to enough wires, there's a good chance your breasts and going to show at sometime.
And try getting out of the hospital bed to use the bathroom without showing your backside.

And for sure, they don't offer privacy when speaking to caretakers.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thought you had bedpans?

Caretakers?

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Drowning, cardiac arrest, broken ribs?

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Whataboutism and deflection doesn't work well.

Except it isn't Whataboutism it's a fact , trans patients are a minority in hospitals making this a minority issue , the cost of living and the governments abduction of their duty to hold energy companies and supermarkets to task is very much a majority issue , the Tories are picking low hanging fruit rather than tackling the major issues for easy headlines.

Nope.

It’s a majority issue created by a minority.

Do we cater to all body dysphoric issues just because they are imposed on us?

How do you feel about catering to people with anorexia by having purge buckets at restaurant tables?

Think of Monty Python restaurant.

(post by HologramSimpleton432Hz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Surfacenuke
Let’s make this easy:

3 options

XX ward
XY ward
Mental ward

That really made me laugh! Lol lol lol
Awesome suggestion.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link