It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Americans think businesses shouldn't take political-social stances on current events

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Salamandy
a reply to: quintessentone

unless you are involved in the woke game and profit from it, who really has time for politics at work?

Not so much the being awake game rather in keeping up with a changing culture...keep up or go down.

Let's not kid ourselves. The current young generation and their need for changing culture is going to be the death of all of us, including themselves, because they don't know how to think critically.

Said every older generation since the beginning of civilization...

Not really.

But you should be very concerned when this generation believes there are 156 genders and that business must support the cause and spread the word of this retarded ideology.

Nobody does. Only you are obsessed with any of that.

And a couple of banned members who were similarly obsessed with such?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Muldar

Errr... You mentioned Mothman?

You also mentioned "transhumans".

No one believes in or obsessives about your 156 gender nonsense.

I don't have any issue with transexuals.

May I respectfully suggest you go watch the Rocky Horror Show?

And get a sense of humour?

I do think Mothman has a higher chance of being a real creature than men who believe they can magically transform into women and vice versa.

It's all about corporate capitalism in our days that seems to go along with the flow. Businesses should mind their business and don't get involved in pushing nonsense.

You seem to want to satisfy a psychological need by the way. So many off topic conversations. You could be the champion in these threads.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

unless you are involved in the woke game and profit from it, who really has time for politics at work?

Not so much the being awake game rather in keeping up with a changing culture...keep up or go down.

Let's not kid ourselves. The current young generation and their need for changing culture is going to be the death of all of us, including themselves, because they don't know how to think critically.

Not really.

But you should be very concerned when this generation believes there are 156 genders and that business must support the cause and spread the word of this retarded ideology.

You should be concerned.
Corporate capitalism through businesses is trying to take stances on matters they have no say. Including the number of genders and transgenderism.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianLoudMouth

But that would have to apply to everyone equally. For example, the baker that refused to bake a cake for a gay couple getting married. Sorry, if you aren't allowed to be political that has to apply in all directions.....

I didn't agree with that either, freaking "pity us" victim cards.

I think Christian business owners and Christian court clerks also have the right to refuse service on religious grounds. I don't want them forced to not refuse service any more than Facebook forced to not refuse service.

The emphasis on "forcing people or groups to do something they don't personally value as right."

Hell to the motherf***** yeah I have bias. It's evident now. But hypocrisy hurts. And it needs calling out where it exists.

"Liberal values revenge society" is currently the slightly more evident cultural norm. They will decry the baker and uphold Facebook more often than not. Vise versa for conservative norm. While I overall agree with the goals of a secular, free expression, LGBT normalized society, there are instances where they are largely hypocritical on application of civil liberties. May be "revenge on christian society" influenced.

Totally support woke status quo upending the previous status quo for a new system of values. I can overlook the many hypocrisies because who really has a pane of glass left in that glass house anyway?

Both submitted social control models have equal parts hypocrisy. Gotta pick one though.

* I am able to rectify the two positions with conditions like, "parents should also have the right to exempt their children from LGBT normalization lessons, and the decision should be ultimately theirs whether their kid learn. The only caveat being if the kid is self aware and mature enough override them.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.
Corporate capitalism through businesses is trying to take stances on matters they have no say.

I'm beginning to see your stance...my suggestion would be to appoint a government media czar to dispense censorship of those corporate capitalist you disagree with. You happy now?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Da, comrade!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Not really.

You should be concerned.
Corporate capitalism through businesses is trying to take stances on matters they have no say.

I'm beginning to see your stance...my suggestion would be to appoint a government media czar to dispense censorship of those corporate capitalist you disagree with. You happy now?

You can't force them.
You see I am not part of the woke crowd that wants to censor everyone and everything. The argument is very different and I think you get it. Businesses shouldn't take a stance on political and social matters just as the majority of Americans said (at least in the latest poll).

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

What hasn't had to be forced?

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Funny ones are like Nike talking about how ebil the US has been all the while having products made with slave labor over seas.

The fact the social justice warriors still buy nike while talking about the ebil us is sad, its like they dont think people across the ocean arent actually people.. maybe they are morlocks.

Company wants to they can, people shouldnt be shamed by the media if they get annoyed and decide to boycott that company for their stance.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

Out of context isolation of a sentence out of an entire paragraph and text...

And your post is irrelevant

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Funny ones are like Nike talking about how ebil the US has been all the while having products made with slave labor over seas.

The fact the social justice warriors still buy nike while talking about the ebil us is sad, its like they dont think people across the ocean arent actually people.. maybe they are morlocks.

Company wants to they can, people shouldnt be shamed by the media if they get annoyed and decide to boycott that company for their stance.

we all know what the lies corporates tell, the lies of big gender, big pharma, big green or big immigration are just to make the corporates and their cronies richer, we are at a pivot point with the social engineering that has resulted in non us govs being cornered or starting to be cornered by their electorates/constitutions/laws into changing paths..

the uk conservatives should have zero chance at an election win, but railing against big gender, big green and big immigration gives them the a real chance to get over the line, from there its easy to see Trump getting over the line in the us and the entire west pivoting away from the last decade of insanity.

the thing is the in coming govs are liable to use liberal legislation designed to shut down the electorates dissent used to shut down the corporate dissent..

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

its a self own as it highlights how legislation is used to control private companies, this is where the corporate push for no debate legislation will end up being used to no debate the corporates.

only those with blinkers miss the west pivoting conservative and that atheism is in decline, that more are fighting for communities and for families that liberalism has destroyed.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

It’s really not.

All those are political/social issues.

And they involve commerce.

Point is — society does not change naturally on its own.

Changes are forced.
edit on 5-10-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

It’s really not.

All those are political/social issues.

And they involve commerce.

Point is — society does not change naturally on its own.

Changes are forced.

Nothing has changed.
It's just a very small minority of ideologues who want to impose their values and ideas through indoctrination and propaganda.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

Is this you new mantra to be used when you are unable to properly debate a member's stance?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.
You see I am not part of the woke crowd that wants to censor everyone and everything. The argument is very different and I think you get it. Businesses shouldn't take a stance on political and social matters just as the majority of Americans said (at least in the latest poll).

You lost me when you used the "woke" cliche. Using rightwing catch phrases is just a method to not think and just parrot back the approved verbiage. If this is to complicated for you to understand, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you or explain in a PM.

And as a person with a corporate logo, business licensee, tax number and brick and mortar facility, engaged in manufacturing, wholesale and retail...I want to encourage all business people to express anything you deem appropriate, that affects your business...Anyone that thinks political and social subjects don't affect American business, is a fool.... Don't let the commies deter you from American capitalism by limiting your first amendment rights.

"A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything."
George Washington

edit on 5-10-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

Is this you new mantra to be used when you are unable to properly debate a member's stance?

It was taken out of context.
And so...no.
We don't debate here..unless you think this is a debate. We just call out your unsubstantiated claims and arguments.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

You lost me when you used the "woke" cliche. Using rightwing catch phrases is just a method to not think and just parrot back the approved verbiage. If this is to complicated for you to understand, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you or explain in a PM.

And as a person with a corporate logo, business licensee, tax number and brick and mortar facility, engaged in manufacturing, wholesale and retail...I want to encourage all business people to express anything you deem appropriate, that affects your business...Anyone that thinks political and social subjects don't affect American business, is a fool.... Don't let the commies deter you from American capitalism by limiting your first amendment rights.

"A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything."
George Washington

I don't need your help to understand matters. As said above, we don't debate here with you, unless you think this is a debate. It's just calling out the unsubstantiated claims made in the name of the woke ideology.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just KEEP doing it in secret.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

edit on 5-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join