It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Americans think businesses shouldn't take political-social stances on current events

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: Salamandy
a reply to: quintessentone

unless you are involved in the woke game and profit from it, who really has time for politics at work?

Not so much the being awake game rather in keeping up with a changing culture...keep up or go down.

Let's not kid ourselves. The current young generation and their need for changing culture is going to be the death of all of us, including themselves, because they don't know how to think critically.

Said every older generation since the beginning of civilization...

Not really.

But you should be very concerned when this generation believes there are 156 genders and that business must support the cause and spread the word of this retarded ideology.

Nobody does. Only you are obsessed with any of that.

And a couple of banned members who were similarly obsessed with such?

You should be concerned.
Corporate capitalism through businesses is trying to take stances on matters they have no say.

I'm beginning to see your stance...my suggestion would be to appoint a government media czar to dispense censorship of those corporate capitalist you disagree with. You happy now?

You can't force them.

What hasn't had to be forced?

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

Out of context isolation of a sentence out of an entire paragraph and text...

And your post is irrelevant

Is this you new mantra to be used when you are unable to properly debate a member's stance?

It was taken out of context.
And so...no.
We don't debate here..unless you think this is a debate. We just call out your unsubstantiated claims and arguments.

We when we call out your unsubstantiated claims and arguments you tell us that our points or questions are irrelevant because you can't or won't discuss anything outside your narrative.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

unless you are involved in the woke game and profit from it, who really has time for politics at work?

Not so much the being awake game rather in keeping up with a changing culture...keep up or go down.

Let's not kid ourselves. The current young generation and their need for changing culture is going to be the death of all of us, including themselves, because they don't know how to think critically.

Not really.

But you should be very concerned when this generation believes there are 156 genders and that business must support the cause and spread the word of this retarded ideology.

You should be concerned.
Corporate capitalism through businesses is trying to take stances on matters they have no say.

I'm beginning to see your stance...my suggestion would be to appoint a government media czar to dispense censorship of those corporate capitalist you disagree with. You happy now?

You can't force them.
You see I am not part of the woke crowd that wants to censor everyone and everything. The argument is very different and I think you get it. Businesses shouldn't take a stance on political and social matters just as the majority of Americans said (at least in the latest poll).

You lost me when you used the "woke" cliche. Using rightwing catch phrases is just a method to not think and just parrot back the approved verbiage. If this is to complicated for you to understand, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you or explain in a PM.

And as a person with a corporate logo, business licensee, tax number and brick and mortar facility, engaged in manufacturing, wholesale and retail...I want to encourage all business people to express anything you deem appropriate, that affects your business...Anyone that thinks political and social subjects don't affect American business, is a fool.... Don't let the commies deter you from American capitalism by limiting your first amendment rights.

"A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything."
George Washington

I don't need your help to understand matters. As said above, we don't debate here with you, unless you think this is a debate. It's just calling out the unsubstantiated claims made in the name of the woke ideology.

Go to typical way to get out of debate - cry "woke ideology" then you apply cancel culture. Guilty on both counts.
edit on q000000111031America/Chicago3131America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.

What hasn't had to be forced?

Women's right to vote.
Fair Housing Act
Disability Act
Marriage Equality

Out of context isolation of a sentence out of an entire paragraph and text...

And your post is irrelevant

Is this you new mantra to be used when you are unable to properly debate a member's stance?

It was taken out of context.
And so...no.
We don't debate here..unless you think this is a debate. We just call out your unsubstantiated claims and arguments.

We when we call out your unsubstantiated claims and arguments you tell us that our points or questions are irrelevant because you can't or won't discuss anything outside your narrative.

I haven't made any.
When you're coming around you usually try to go off topic with irrelevant discussions not addressing the issues and following other members around in various threads.

Majority of Americans are against the woke culture and that translates to not want businesses to take stances in social and political matters.

You have bern trying to argue against it unsuccessfully from page to page. But nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Not really.

You should be concerned.

You can't force them.
You see I am not part of the woke crowd that wants to censor everyone and everything. The argument is very different and I think you get it. Businesses shouldn't take a stance on political and social matters just as the majority of Americans said (at least in the latest poll).

You lost me when you used the "woke" cliche. Using rightwing catch phrases is just a method to not think and just parrot back the approved verbiage. If this is to complicated for you to understand, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you or explain in a PM.

And as a person with a corporate logo, business licensee, tax number and brick and mortar facility, engaged in manufacturing, wholesale and retail...I want to encourage all business people to express anything you deem appropriate, that affects your business...Anyone that thinks political and social subjects don't affect American business, is a fool.... Don't let the commies deter you from American capitalism by limiting your first amendment rights.

"A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything."
George Washington

I don't need your help to understand matters. As said above, we don't debate here with you, unless you think this is a debate. It's just calling out the unsubstantiated claims made in the name of the woke ideology.

Go to typical way to get out of debate - cry "woke ideology" then you apply cancel culture. Guilty on both counts.

There is no debate if you can't address the issue. It's the same calling out of members who support the cancel culture.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

There is no change either.
Nothing has changed as the matter of fact.
It's just a very small minority of ideologues who want to impose their values and ideas through indoctrination and propaganda.

I see you find these threads very attractive and get triggered quite a lot.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Odd.

I have been supporting the rights of businesses to have opinions on social and political issues.

It is you that is against this.

As in, you support cancel culture.

Your algorithms seem, broken?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

They are not calling to cancel anyone

They just want businesses to do what they do, which is sell goods and services to the public, and keep politics and all that other BS out of it.

Not that hard of a concept to have

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
they dont take political stances, they assess which groups are more profitable by their spending habits, and generally younger people spend the most and are easier to influence, so they tend to focus on what they want not what older people want, so they use the issues young people care about as a marketing tool to sell stuff. older people are stubborn and more thrifty so at a certain point unless they're rich they are seen as useless to them so their issues stop mattering.

that's why budweiser doesn't care if a bunch of 50 year olds stop drinking their beer or protest against them, even if bud or bud light fails it doesn't matter, younger people tend to favor their other brands from their Mexican subsidiaries so those brands are growing and already surpassed them in sales in the US.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

"Businesses should not take a stance on social and political issues and should not embrace the woke ideology or trying to tell us what to think, how to think, what to say, what is acceptable and what isn't. Businesses are there to sell us their goods and services and nothing else."

From the OP.

OK. Let's get away from calling it cancelling and call it "silencing"?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Odd.

I have been supporting the rights of businesses to have opinions on social and political issues.

It is you that is against this.

As in, you support cancel culture.

Your algorithms seem, broken?

No it's that old quote:

"Rules for thee but not for me"

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Call it whatever you want, businesses are there to sell goods and services, not tell you how you need to vote and what political BS to support or not support.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's called freedom of speech and expression.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's also called an opinon

I am well aware that corporations are going to do what puts the most money in their pockets. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It doesn't mean they can't have opinions with which you disagree, either.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

As it has been said in past threads, appealing to the minority and ousting the majority does nothing good for business....

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's their choice, though?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So, alleged minority opinions must be stamped out and ignored?

Sounds a bit.... Authoritarian and...Fascist?

And the Mob Rules.
edit on 5-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Call it whatever you want, businesses are there to sell goods and services, not tell you how you need to vote and what political BS to support or not support.

part of sales is to use what people do or say to convince them that they want to buy whatever youre selling or to create new products they want. and I've never seen ads telling anyone who to vote for or anything like that so what are you talking about? telling your political stance isn't forcing others to do anything, its free speech.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Spot on.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

They just want businesses to do what they do, which is sell goods and services to the public, and keep politics and all that other BS out of it.

Not that hard of a concept to have

Here's a thought....Mind you own business and don't tell me how to run mine by trashing freedom of speech.

Not that hard of a concept, is it?

Here's another....Politics and politicians need to stay out of my business and I won't say anything!! Permits, taxes, insurance, license fees, City, state and county rules and regulations etc. Yeah, keep that BS out of my business. Can you understand that concept?
edit on 5-10-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join