It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

oh # they should install an express lane for the pedos on death row.

Time to die you pos.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

oh # they should install an express lane for the pedos on death row.

Time to die you pos.

anyone aiding said pedo should face same penalty too, as well as sympathizers.

ohh whats that, you are MAP? Compelling argument, now turn and face the wall.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Nope. The Florida Bill does not make rape a less controversial subject. It traps rape victims.

In Florida right now, a pregnant 11 year old can't get an abortion without filing a police report, and reporting her rapist. Add the death penalty to that, and you're putting rape victims and their families at risk.

perhaps if they let them have one more go at them, they could throw them off the trail so to speak, and then prosecute them for the crime they committed.

Your mental contortions on this one are sad.

I am also finding it difficult to follow this one.
edit on 3-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Then, there is nothing controversial about child rape.

So, you oppose state laws that give parents the right to give their underage and pregnant daughters in marry to their rapists?

If you think 12 is too young to marry, are you okay with the several other states that allow parents to marry off their pregnant 13 year old daughters?

edit on 3-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

execute the rapist and the parents.

simple as.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   

So, you oppose state laws that give parents the right to give their underage and pregnant daughters in marry to their rapists?

If you think 12 is too young to marry, are you okay with the several other states that allow parents to marry off their pregnant 13 year old daughters?

The thread isn't about marriage and your attempts at deflection are notable. You're going from strawman to strawman.

You said child rape is controversial.

There is nothing controversial about child rape. The only debatable point is the type of punishment a child rapist receives. In most cases the punishments range from imprisonment and chemical castration to the death penalty.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   

And that was my reply that you chose not to answer but go about something else completely after said it was a bill... That's not true as it's a law of the State of Florida (not a bill anymore)

First of all is not a bill anymore, is a law of this state.

Then, there is nothing controversial about child rape. It's crystal clear to anyone who has read the developments in Florida that once a child of 12 years or under is raped the death penalty could be applied.

I don't see any issue with an 11 year old who has been raped to report it to the police so they can start a criminal investigation. If she is also pregnant then DNA evidence will be used to determine who the father is.

There must be reporting of the rape.

You also seem to have an issue with reporting these alleged crimes. These alleged crimes must be reported to the Police as soon as the alleged crimes had been committed. (not to the press or to the social media by the way)

edit on 4-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's quite troubling that child rape has been branded as a 'controversial issue'.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think prevention is better than cure (when it is possible). Many of them are also victims themselves - however, this is no excuse because a person with compassion and empathy would never hurt a child - they would seek help instead!

The well-being of the children should always come first.

I think it's important to send a strong message here - if they can't be cured, then they need to be locked up all their lives!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

What's the difference between a "bill" and a "law"?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Thanks in advance.

a "bill" is an idea, a "law", is a bill that has been adopted as law per the legislature.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Thanks in advance.

Bill is a proposed law.
Not a law yet.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No, I didn't. This is what I posted:

On it's face, it's controversial because the Florida law defies a recent SCOTUS ruling.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's also controversial, because rape is a controversial subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread isn't about marriage and your attempts at deflection are notable.

This thread is about making rape a capital offence, when it's inflicted on underage children, underage being 12 and under.

It isn't deflection to point out the discrepancy between states, when in one state a rapist can marry their victim and in another be executed. You can't convince me that isn't controversial.

Or that in Florida, if a pregnant 12 year old girl or her parents don't report her "rape" to the police, that 12 year old girl must carry and give birth to her rapist's spawn, because she's ineligible for an abortion.

As it is, very few rape victims come forth and report their assaults. Because of this law, even fewer rape victims will report their assaults.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

On it's face, it's controversial because the Florida law defies a recent SCOTUS ruling.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

This thread is about making rape a capital offence, when it's inflicted on underage children, underage being 12 and under.

It isn't deflection to point out the discrepancy between states, when in one state a rapist can marry their victim and in another be executed. You can't convince me that isn't controversial.

Or that in Florida, if a pregnant 12 year old girl or her parents don't report her "rape" to the police, that 12 year old girl must carry and give birth to her rapist's spawn, because she's ineligible for an abortion.

As it is, very few rape victims come forth and report their assaults. Because of this law, even fewer rape victims will report their assaults.

I think you should take a look at that what you ve posted in the last few pages.

What you're trying to discuss isn't relevant to this thread. You may as well consider creating a thread about rapists who marry their victims and how many of these cases exist in the US. You need to have good data by the way.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

And that was my reply that you chose not to answer but go about something else completely after said it was a bill... That's not true as it's a law of the State of Florida (not a bill anymore)

Dude! This is what you posted:

You forgot the fact that the vast majority of senators and house representatives voted in favour of the bill. Both republicans and democrats. Which makes the issue much less 'controversial'.

To which I asked:

What bill is that?

You also seem to have an issue with reporting these alleged crimes.

Indeed. Nobody should be required by law to report a physical assault, being forced to talk to law enforcement about their rape, and relive it again and again, in order to be eligible for medical intervention to stem the results of said assault. Especially not a child.

edit on 4-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

What you're trying to discuss isn't relevant to this thread.

What kind of equal rights under the law does a child have when they could be married off to their rapist in one state, while in another state their rapist would be put to death?

Also, Florida's "execute rapists law" is unconstitutional, per Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008). It will be overturned the first time it's attempted to be applied.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You forgot the fact that the vast majority of senators and house representatives voted in favour of the bill. Both republicans and democrats. Which makes the issue much less 'controversial'.

To which I asked:

What bill is that?

Indeed. Nobody should be required by law to report a physical assault, being forced to talk to law enforcement about their rape, and relive it again and again, in order to be eligible for medical intervention to stem the results of said assault. Especially not a child.

Who is required by law to report an assault? Or forced to report it? People are not forced to report crimes.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What you're trying to discuss isn't relevant to this thread.

What kind of equal rights under the law does a child have when they could be married off to their rapist in one state, while in another state their rapist would be put to death?

Also, Florida's "execute rapists law" is unconstitutional, per Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008). It will be overturned the first time it's attempted to be applied.

Irrelevant for once more.

You need some examples where rapists married their victims, especially when they were minors and some good data.

I still find it difficult to comprehend the statements you made in relation to child rape being controversial.

You seem not to understand laws are not the same in all states. The death penalty exists in some states and not in others. And the death penalty doesn't violate the constitution that's why it can be applied.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

t isn't deflection to point out the discrepancy between states, when in one state a rapist can marry their victim and in another be executed. You can't convince me that isn't controversial

There is nothing controversial about child rape.

Different states have different laws. Show me examples where the victims of rape forced or encouraged to marry their rapists. How many cases exist in the US? Names and dates.

That's your own view. Not really true.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

To which I asked:

What bill is that?

Who is required by law to report an assault? Or forced to report it? People are not forced to report crimes.

Under a new law in Florida, rape victims are required to provide documentation and police reports in order to obtain abortions after six weeks

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join