It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

There are a handful of you that are dead set that if a child molester has the likely hood of getting caught now that they will just kill the kid.

And for the life of my I don't understand how you guys come up with this stupid crap.

The percentage of child molesters that kill their victims is only 7%, that means that you believe that the other 93% will turn into killers over night?

Do you hear the BS that comes out of your mouth when you speak?

bjs.ojp.gov...
groomers will groom.

they won't stop because of laws, or penalties, they will fight to remove those obstacles so they can groom and rape.
When you find you are arguing for the rights of a person who would rape a child, you really need to re-evaluate your position on the food chain.

Actually the argument is that child rapists will go one step further and will murder their victims so not to get the death penalty. As if murdering an 11 year old kid cannot handle you the death penalty and as if there are no ways to determine if someone has been raped before they were killed.

It's one very troubling argument.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The statistics of victims knowing their attackers was given by me and a few others earlier in the thread, little behind the times there bud.

If they raped, I will pull the lever myself. Don't care who they are

And that is exactly why I asked the question at the end of my last response that you so nicely glossed over.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The statistics of victims knowing their attackers was given by me and a few others earlier in the thread, little behind the times there bud.

If they raped, I will pull the lever myself. Don't care who they are

And that is exactly why I asked the question at the end of my last response that you so nicely glossed over.

It's not up to you or anyone else, and getting a jury to vote 8-4 for that lever to be pulled seems unlikely.

But, hey Floridian Evangelist white male politicians, you do you and nevermind about fixing the real underlying problems as this law will appease the voters they want.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If a jury won't convict a rapist, they need to be hung right next to them

Again, you glossed over my question and comment on the "underlying issue" but you do you boo boo

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkyAngel
I think it's important to send a strong message here - if they can't be cured, then they need to be locked up all their lives!

Why should the people have to pay for their incarceration?

No. Just no.

again, just bring back the doctrine of outlawry. Declare them an outlaw, and let nature take its course.

Oh - and all Outlaws should be branded on their forehead and a special one on their cheek designating their specific crime (ie, child rapist) to make sure everyone can tell at a glance.

They won't last very long.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am generally against the death penalty except in extreme cases where it is necessary for the safety of law enforcement in the prison and the safety of other inmates.

Child predators and child rapists are given a hard time in prison from the other inmates.

Sometimes letting a person live in hell is worse than outright killing them.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Neither would society as we know it?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

"If a jury won't convict a rapist, they need to be hung right next to them".

Good God. Really?

Why even bother with juries and due process?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Good God. Really?

Bread and circuses - all that is missing is the arena and free food during the executions.

A phrase used by a Roman writer to deplore the declining heroism of Romans after the Roman Republic ceased to exist and the Roman Empire began: “Two things only the people anxiously desire — bread and circuses.” The government kept the Roman populace happy by distributing free food and staging huge spectacles.

edit on q000000471031America/Chicago2626America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I am generally against the death penalty except in extreme cases where it is necessary for the safety of law enforcement in the prison and the safety of other inmates.

Child predators and child rapists are given a hard time in prison from the other inmates.

I find the arguments on this thread very troubling.
It has been argued that child rapists will now decide to kill their victims so to get away with murder...

It makes you think about the motivation of such arguments.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Good God. Really?

Like the one in woke Britain where Brand has been already convicted by the woke online mob...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

If there is evidence to prove they did it and still don't vote to convict, they are just as guilty as the person that did it

I will stand by that till the day I die
edit on 4-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

No. He's not been charged or convicted of anything.

Woke mob?

Most people just think he's a wrong 'un but are happy to await due process.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The jury 's job is to weigh that evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I find the arguments on this thread very troubling.
It has been argued that child rapists will now decide to kill their victims so to get away with murder...

It makes you think about the motivation of such arguments.

Focus on what the victims and the victim's families want and many believe that the death penalty does nothing to deter criminal behaviour.

deathpenaltyinfo.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

Good God. Really?

Like the one in woke Britain where Brand has been already convicted by the woke online mob...

It wasn't the people online it was the sponsors.

link   

We are all well aware of how a jury works

We are also well aware that there has been irrefutable evidence to convict people, of lesser crimes, in the past and they don't.

link   

If there is evidence to prove they did it and still don't vote to convict, they are just as guilty as the person that did it

I will stand by that till the day I die

What if it's the victim and the victim's family that is against the death penalty for the perp?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Them's the breaks?

Got any examples?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So they'd rather let the guy back out into society to do it over and over again?

Sounds like a grand idea

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join