It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Muldar

Can you remind me how many people have been sentenced to death in New Jersey in the last 10 years?

There have been ZERO people sentenced to death for child rape alone in New Jersey in the past 10 years. That's because that would be unconstitutional.

There have been no people sentenced to death generally speaking in New Jersey and not just for child rape. The death penalty has been abolished in New Jersey in 2007

New Jersey Abolishes the Death PenaltyOn December 17, 2007, Governor Jon Corzine signed a bill that abolishes the death penalty in New Jersey and replaces it with a sentence of life without parole.

But still the death penalty is applied in other States for a range of crimes. It isn't against the constitution despite the very confused idea of what constitutional and unconstitutional means.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Let's see some of the attempts made

Children knowing their abusers isn't a valid argument against the death penalty for rapists (including people from their own environment and family)

The assertion we will now have many more child murders because child rapists can get a death sentence if they are caught, has no basis in anything, and it's not a valid argument against the death penalty for child rapists.

The assertion children will be emotionally distressed if they know their abusers will die 'because' of them is just ridiculous and even if some kids get distressed then it's still not a valid argument against the death penalty.

I don't know how many attempts you and quintissentone had on this but clearly you have failed to convince the audience.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Not fast enough.

Convict and administer a firing squad within the hour.

Get WRECKED.

Cremated the same day, and the ashes dumped into the nearest construction site porta-poddy.

Done.

As a grandfather I had the chuckle a bit at your answer but seriously you got it spot on man I mean spot on.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: ArMaP

If more victims come forward against their attackers, they will be taken to trial and, if the court doesn't drop the ball, found guilty then put to death.

Why is that hard to understand?

What I find troubling in this thread are the range of (failed) attempts to argue against the death penalty for child rapists based on some absurd assertions and wrong interpretations of the laws.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Not fast enough.

Convict and administer a firing squad within the hour.

Get WRECKED.

Cremated the same day, and the ashes dumped into the nearest construction site porta-poddy.

Done.

As a grandfather I had the chuckle a bit at your answer but seriously you got it spot on man I mean spot on.

But yet you will need to take a look at this thread to see a few people arguing against the death penalty for child rapists providing some preposterous reasons for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think those in this thread that are constantly begging not to kill a child molester have lower morals than the criminal does to begin with.

Why do places with armed guards, or any security of any kind, see lower theft, fights, shootings, etc than places without said security measures?

Maybe the idea that dying for what you want are about to do is the deterrent?

I am done arguing with a bunch of pedo rights activists

And if me saying that "as soon as you diddle a kid, you no longer have any rights" makes me a bad person then so be it. I refuse to apologize for thinking that this type of person are the lowest form of scum in our society.
edit on 6-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Thou shalt not kill.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The actual Hebrew translation is "Thou shall not murder"

We also have laws that say don't touch kids, but if that was followed, we wouldn't have this issue now would we?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So premeditated killing a person, is murder.

You spoke of low morals.......yet you are willing to kill/murder ....even though one of the 10 commandments is 'thou shalt not kill'.

Does it say in the bible that it's ok to kill or murder someone if they did certain things?

edit on 6-10-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

up:

Let hope it doesn't take two decades to execute, wasting tax payers money in the mean time.

Until all 50 States have this, along with DAs that will enforce said Laws, I'm sad to say such activities won't stop increasing as a trend.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

This is not a religious matter, even if it was, pretty sure god frowns upon grown men touching little boys/girls........

If you have read the bible, it surely does

Exodus 21:12-17
"He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. “He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death. “He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."

edit on 6-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

how have so many in society become rape apologists.

eta is a question i ask myself as I'm seeing it a lot more openly defend paedophiles and rapists..
edit on 6-10-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

In that case the bible is contradictory.

The issue I have is .....I don't trust the legal system.
Too many people have been falsely accused and have spent many years in prison.....later to be found not guilty of the crimes.

Imagine doing a sentence of 7 years and then because you haven’t confessed to a crime you did not do, they won't let you out......after another 10 years, new evidence turns up and then you are released. It happened to Andrew Malkinson.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

What happened to society to make so many rapists?

Society has a problem and I don't think murdering people will cure it.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's all in the interpretation and translation

Not saying the system is perfect, and I know anomalies are going to happen.

If there is irrefutable evidence that you did what you are accused of, then is it pretty cut and dry.

And in the event that the evidence is circumstantial and the jury still elects for the DP, that is on the jury.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

What happened to society to make so many rapists?

Society has a problem and I don't think murdering people will cure it.

its always been an issue.. one this society embraces rather than reject.
those who'd normally oppose the rape and trafficking defend it..
and that'll feed a conflict that'll kill more than this American policy ever will.

European people smugglers are selling the idea to non Europeans that white women are sluts they'll be free to sex with..
those who pay them money to get to Europe for that free/easy sex are not going to be happy as underpaid uber drives/barista/porter they'll want the sex they've paid for..

As undertones go in some places sexual assaults are reaching the kind of normalcy reserved for shoplifting..
when this is discussed you get those who suggest its ok, and will defend the rapists/abusers..
and what we risk more than this American policy is the rivers of blood coming to fruition and a full on internal war.

by the numbers its where this is heading and this us policy would slow it down one bit..

eta would NOT slow it down one bit grrr for Freudian slips.
edit on 6-10-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It must have been pretty cut and dry to keep Andrew Malkinson in an extra 10 years......yet he was innocent.

And haven’t you considered that the high ups will never be caught?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Are you implyng that I am defending rapists and abusers?
Or that anyone on this thread is saying it's ok?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

how have so many in society become rape apologists.

eta is a question i ask myself as I'm seeing it a lot more openly defend paedophiles and rapists..

Who is?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I've already acknowledged the system is not perfect.

There are innocent people in jail for anything and everything.

I also said that if the jury convicts and sets to death and they are wrong, that is on them.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join