It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Muldar

"Not a serious argument.

You don't just report someone and this someone is getting convicted for rape and then executed. You remember where the burden of proof is?"

I disagree it is a valid argument.

If it doesn't get reported none of that arises.

If it is reported, then that becomes a real possibility.

Note, I said a "possibilty".

That brings up the other point addressed earlier by someone else, since 80% of sexual assault victims do not report, how many more victims will not report when the rapist (a father, brother, uncle ? ) tells them they will be put to death for it?
edit on q000000121031America/Chicago0505America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

How about we focus on something a little more important, you know maybe teaching kids that no matter who it is that touches you should be reported.

Make it more socially acceptable to teach a kid where they shouldn't be touched, no matter who it is that is doing it. And that no matter who it is; father, uncle, brother, cousin, preacher, teacher, mom, sister, aunt, etc, that you tell someone, or multiple people, who is doing what to you.

Also teach that actions have consequences, some more severe than others, and that if someone commits a heinous act, they will pay dearly for it. sometimes up to and including with their life.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

How about we focus on something a little more important, you know maybe teaching kids that no matter who it is that touches you should be reported.

Make it more socially acceptable to teach a kid where they shouldn't be touched, no matter who it is that is doing it. And that no matter who it is; father, uncle, brother, cousin, preacher, teacher, mom, sister, aunt, etc, that you tell someone, or multiple people, who is doing what to you.

Also teach that actions have consequences, some more severe than others, and that if someone commits a heinous act, they will pay dearly for it. sometimes up to and including with their life.

You can't dismiss the parent/child or family/child bonds, toxic or trauma based, it's complex.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

"Not a serious argument.

You don't just report someone and this someone is getting convicted for rape and then executed. You remember where the burden of proof is?"

You can disagree as much as you like but the argument made by the other member isn't valid. They tried to argue that when you report someone for rape then they get convicted and get executed.

Just by reporting you don't get someone convicted or executed. The burden of proof is on the claimant and you need serious evidence to prove rape.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

"Not a serious argument.

That brings up the other point addressed earlier by someone else, since 80% of sexual assault victims do not report, how many more victims will not report when the rapist (a father, brother, uncle ? ) tells them they will be put to death for it?

Emotional blackmail isn't a valid argument against the death penalty of child rapists.

It's incredible you have tried all possible avenues and nothing works.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Where am I dismissing anything? Please, do show me

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yesterday you were claiming that child rapists will commit murders on large scale because they know they will get the death penalty if convicted for rape.

I haven't seen such a terrible arguments which started with sook and continued with you.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

But that's not what I said, at all?

"Possibility".

I said. No?

Please, stop totally misrepresenting what others actually say.

Deal with what they say, not your twisted version.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Where am I dismissing anything? Please, do show me

Who will be teaching the child, the abusive parent(s)?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

That is not answering my question, we went over this in another thread bud.

But to answer your question, everyone, teachers, parents. We can't just go on the assumption that everyone in the kids life is going to sexually assault them. Even though that is the generalizing that you like to do often.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

"Not a serious argument.

Emotional blackmail isn't a valid argument against the death penalty of child rapists.

I wasn't replying to the argument against the death penalty but to another offshoot relevant topic here. Not everyone here who is putting forth arguments are replying to that one point of yours. We are discussing many factors that may or may not occur when the death penalty is put in place. It becomes an important factor in the behaviour of the victim and perpetrator and we are just theorizing what those behavioural changes may be including a lower rate of reporting.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

"Not a serious argument.

I wasn't replying to the argument against the death penalty but to another offshoot relevant topic here. Not everyone here who is putting forth arguments are replying to that one point of yours. We are discussing many factors that may or may not occur when the death penalty is put in place. It becomes an important factor in the behaviour of the victim and perpetrator and we are just theorizing what those behavioural changes may be including a lower rate of reporting.

All the arguments you provided are ways to say you don't want child rapists to be sentenced to death. But the arguments are terrible and have no validity.

Just as above, emotional blackmail isn't a valid argument against the death penalty of child rapists.

It's incredible you have tried all possible avenues and nothing works...

edit on 5-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yesterday you were claiming that child rapists will commit murders on large scale because they know they will get the death penalty if convicted for rape.

I haven't seen such a terrible arguments which started with sook and continued with you.

Anything I put forward here are theories of what may or may not occur, possibilities, probabilities and foremost the wellbeing of the victim and their families. With a death penalty hanging over a perpetrator's head will that then push some to commit murder? Will some perpetrators that are family members, control the child to not report and further brainwash them? Will some perpetrators claim the child 'wanted it' and hire the right lawyer? There are many questions and issues that come up, not just putting the perpetrator to death whether or not the victim and the victim's family want it or not. After the perp is put to death will the child and family self-blame so experience further trauma? Do you get it?
edit on q000000411031America/Chicago5656America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Anything I put forward here are theories of what may or may not occur, possibilities, probabilities and foremost the wellbeing of the victim and their families. With a death penalty hanging over a perpetrator's head will that then push some to commit murder? Will some perpetrators that are family members, control the child to not report and further brainwash them? Will some perpetrators claim the child 'wanted it' and hire the right lawyer? There are many questions and issues that come up, not just putting the perpetrator to death whether or not the victim and the victim's family want it or not. After the perp is put to death will the child and family self-blame so experience further trauma? Do you get it?

What are you trying to say?
You copy paragraphs with no meaning...

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

"Not a serious argument.

All the arguments you provided are ways to say you don't want child rapists to be sentenced to death. But the arguments are terrible and have no validity.

Just as above, emotional blackmail isn't a valid argument against the death penalty of child rapists.

It's incredible you have tried all possible avenues and nothing works...

Nothing works trying to help you understand what most of the posters on this thread are trying to relay.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What are you trying to say?
You copy paragraphs with no meaning...

Case in point. No chance of you understanding any other train of thought.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The death penalty is constitutional and can be applied for a range of crimes in a given number of states.

Not in this case, SCOTUS ruled, and that ruling has been posted several times. It's not up for argument. The high court has ruled.

It matters not how many times you deny it, the law is still unconstitutional. It will be challenged and overruled the first time some prosecutor tries to enforce it.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I was not talking about validity of the death penalty for child rapists, I was talking about relevance to the discussion of what quintessentone said.

A discussion of some topic can (and usually does) involve other aspects the person that created the thread did not think about originally, but that doesn't make it irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"Not a serious argument.

Exactly. This law does nothing to prevent rape or protect rape victims and their families. Less rapes will be reported and more rapists will be walking around, free to rape more kids.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"Not a serious argument.

Exactly. This law does nothing to prevent rape or protect rape victims and their families. Less rapes will be reported and more rapists will be walking around, free to rape more kids.

Again, it looks like Florida politicians are playing just to the base.

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join