It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Go back and take a look at all of those that are against rapists getting what they deserve, and that are trying to push the blame to the victims for them being put to death.

There are a few, and they have tried everything in the book to justify not killing pedos. It's sickening

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

But still the death penalty is applied in other States for a range of crimes. It isn't against the constitution despite the very confused idea of what constitutional and unconstitutional means.

You are confused.

Patrick O'Neal Kennedy (snip) was sentenced to death after being convicted of raping and sodomizing his eight-year-old stepdaughter.

Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 U.S. 407 (2008), is a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States which held that the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause prohibits the imposition of the death penalty for a crime in which the victim did not die and the victim's death was not intended.

You, all of you, really need to stop denying that this law is unconstitutional. Maybe instead, start a thread about how "WOKE" the US Constitution is.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

You can't blame a jury......they only have to go on what actually presented to them in court.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Go back and take a look at all of those that are against rapists getting what they deserve, and that are trying to push the blame to the victims for them being put to death.

There are a few, and they have tried everything in the book to justify not killing pedos. It's sickening

It's not about defending abusers and rapists.....what it's really about is some posters don't believie in the death penalty.

Can you see the difference?
edit on 6-10-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Go back and take a look at all of those that are against rapists getting what they deserve

And therein lies the difference. I think rapists deserve prison. Death is easy. Anyone can do it. Serving time, paying for your crime, that's torture.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Serving time at the taxpayers expense, hundreds of thousands of dollars to house a lifetime sentence.

A length of rope only costs a few bucks

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: nickyw

Are you implyng that I am defending rapists and abusers?
Or that anyone on this thread is saying it's ok?

did i say you and did i say this thread.. I said society and i stand by that.. Rotherham and Rochdale where replete with those who'd rather framed 10+ year olds girls as sluts, prostitutes and even madam than deal with the topic even when they had 12 year olds with a foetus, its not new just increasring through to the more recent cases like the Isla Bryson, and in the last few days from bbc types that suggest you there is an [acceptable] number of women who can be raped as patients on hospital wards.. as though even 1 could be seen as acceptable..

the backdrop is a steep increased in sexual assaults across society not limited just to the uk or just to sexual assaults and rapes, but also extends to violence and death..

which this thread and even the trump looter thread mask.

what this thread says is that as societies we're f*cked if we can't get a handle on this stuff.. bumping off few by some American state will pale to the violence it could evoke if we continue down this path, as at some point even those here will reject their loved ones being put at risk..

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Most of them are not against the death penalty as a whole, they only care about not killing pedos.

There have bene several here that have linked certain laws that are about the death penalty, but their stance was not one of apposition for that law.

They pick and choose who they want to put to death and who they want to live out their miserable POS lives in jail on our dime.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Serving time at the taxpayers expense, hundreds of thousands of dollars to house a lifetime sentence.

A length of rope only costs a few bucks

And....we're back to "Kill 'em all!"

Kill Rapists!
Kill Migrants!
Kill Drug Dealers!
Kill Shoplifters!
Kill General Milley!
Hang Mike Pence!

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Since I was so rudely ignored by you previously on this matter, back on page 9 of this thread. And even though that is not what this thread is about, I will indulge you.

Who is calling for the death of Mike Pence, Gen Milley, and migrants?
edit on 6-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I will indulge you.

Don't bother. And don't bother playing dumb either, as if you've been living under a rock.

I'm not posting an off topic, mini-documentary for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You're the one that keeps bringing it up without answering to those asking who is calling for their deaths and as to why you are posting it

Not playing dumb, expecting from you what you expect form others, sources to back up your claims

If you don't want to do the work you put on yourself, don't bring up stupid nonsense Bs in a thread that isn't on topic.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It's off topic, Baby.

My only point is that this law was enacted to play into the red meat, blood lust that the MAGA folks craves.

I don't have to feed your craving for blood lust by posting links of more inanity, calling for more red meat in the way of the executions of Mike Pence, Mark Milley, migrants, drug dealers, shoplifters, rapists, etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If it's off topic why do you constantly bring it up buttercup?

You keep confusing justice for blood lust.

Blood lust is what you and quint have been saying the pedos will turn to to keep themselves out of jail.

Justice is watching those same pedos swing from a short piece of rope at the end of the day.

See the difference?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Name calling??

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No name calling, just replying to her as she did to me

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
You can't dismiss the parent/child or family/child bonds, toxic or trauma based, it's complex.

And you can't excuse sexual abuse or rape because of familial bonds either, but a few of you are really trying hard to do just that.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You keep confusing justice for blood lust.

No, you keep confusing blood lust with justice.

Justice is what society says it is. It used to "An eye for an eye" was justice. We, here in the USA, have the Constitution. What you call "justice" is called "cruel and unusual punishment" in that Constitution. Cruel and unusual punishment is not only not justice (injustice), in varying degrees, it's also a sort of terrorism against The People.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Death penalty is not unconstitutional, you yourself have posted links several times to sources saying it is a just penalty.

You are really trying to stretch the meaning of terrorism, aren't you?

THIS JUST IN!!!!

Sookiechacha says calling for the death penalty of child molesters is the same as Al Qada and ISIS!

Really? lol

Terrorism: "the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government or its citizens to further certain political or social objectives."

There is no unlawful sue of violence or force

No intimidation

Not towards a governing body

Not politcal

Want to call it something a little more sane?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

And you can't excuse sexual abuse or rape because of familial bonds either, but a few of you are really trying hard to do just that.

Who can't? I assure, plenty of families, like THE DUGGARS choose NOT to report familial sexual abuse.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join