It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy After Teachers Union Tells Educators to Destroy Evidence Regarding Gender Identity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Ideology over education.
State over parents.

these are great, 1984-sounding scary soundbites but i'm gonna need you to show me how an OPTIONAL quiz as an avenue to share things a student may feel strongly about is evidence of anything even remotely on the scale you're fearmongering, chicken little.

While we're at it, can we break down the difference between IDEOLOGY and EDUCATION and explain to me how you can have one without the other

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

these are great, 1984-sounding scary soundbites but i'm gonna need you to show me how an OPTIONAL quiz as an avenue to share things a student may feel strongly about is evidence of anything even remotely on the scale you're fearmongering, chicken little.

Your needs are not my concern. You've participated in most of the threads involving trans in culture so you feigning ignorance is also not my concern.

From the OP:

The teachers union told them something else. An email from Jefferson County Education Association (JCEA) to teachers says, "if you do a questionnaire, please make it a paper and pencil activity - any digital records are more permanent and may be requested under federal law."

The union also encouraged teachers to "make your notations about students and not hold on to the documents."

See, in the real world, when an entity like the teachers union clearly skirts the law and uses students without their parents approval to achieve their own political/ideological ends, we see that as scummy at best, illegal at worst.

While we're at it, can we break down the difference between IDEOLOGY and EDUCATION and explain to me how you can have one without the other

Sure, why isn't Christianity taught in schools?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:43 AM
link   

State over parents.

Well, how selective of you when it is something you want.

20 or so states have banned trans related healthcare for those under 18. Not only does this go against the advice of every major medical organization in the country it is also an egregious intrusion of the state into the private medical decisions made between parents and their doctors limiting the ability for parents to do what they feel is best for their children.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

20 or so states have banned trans related healthcare for those under 18.

Like irreversible hormones? Pretty sure there is a ban on children smoking and drinking.

I noticed you provided no sourcing.......

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Pretty sure Christianity is adressed in religions class? That is if the retarded US schoolsystem has religion class...

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Pretty sure Christianity is adressed in religions class? That is if the retarded US schoolsystem has religion class...

Religions class huh?

You...you think we have that here in the states do you?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If countries issue travel warnings to the USA due to transphobic legislation, it might be prudent to destroy incriminating documents.

This won't end well for the phobes, it's sexual liberation 2.0

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I noticed you provided no sourcing.......

Seriously? If you need sourcing to know what is going on with trans youth, jumping into a thread with your feelz really diminishes your credibility.

19 states have laws restricting gender-affirming care, some with the possibility of a felony charge

Most states in South have banned gender-affirming care for trans youth

Map: Attacks on Gender Affirming Care by State

Government intrusion and overreach brought to you by the party of small government - in your pants.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You don't learn about the diffrent religions of the world?

Whatever you want to call the class in question...
edit on 7-9-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Gender-affirming care is medically necessary, evidence-based care that uses a multidisciplinary approach to help a person transition from their assigned gender — the one the person was designated at birth — to their affirmed gender, the gender by which one wants to be known.

This is an impossibility...

Gender-affirming treatments, including puberty blockers, hormones and surgeries, are now inaccessible for transgender minors in much of the South because of new laws that heavily restrict or ban such care for youths younger than 18.

So yes, then, irreversible hormones and surgeries.

By preventing doctors from providing this care, or threatening to take children away from parents who support their child in their transition, these bills prevent transgender youth from accessing medically necessary, safe health care backed by decades of research and supported by every major medical association representing over 1.3 million US doctors.

Again, isn't smoking and drinking banned for those under 18?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I really do not understand why parents that care for the wellbeing of their children will send them to a place like that.

Schools are becoming deceiving places where children has been abused psychologically by groomers.

we can say the same for those who lobotomised their loved ones who where different, its one of the worse tropes this idea that science can make a bad child good, it sits up their with victorian pseudosciences and their warped ideas that petticoating naughty boys would make them good, if not genital mutilation would stop bedwetting or boys from masterbating, in the same context it encouraged sexiologists sexually assaulting their patients was a good treatment for hysteria..

look and compare the victorian girls starving themselves to death to be thin, and compare with modern idols like mulhaney, we have young girls trying to hit his low bmi, a bmi that'd kill them..

comparing the 2 periods its easy to see this is the usa hitting the late stage victorian morally bankruptcy otherwise teachers would not be rushing to destroy information.. shredders running overtime points to those knowly doing wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Can't speak for anyone else but the only Abrahamic religion mentioned was Islam briefly followed by a good amount of eastern beliefs broadly. This was one day in fifth grade IIRC.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I can't believe I have to say this but smoking and drinking are not evidence-based, medically necessary care as determined by doctors following the guidelines of every major medical organization in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:26 AM
link   

if you come at it from the angle the victorians of the british empire claimed to be the lost tribe ( a spiritually superior stream of christianity, the Americans of today are doing the same with their claims the trans are the new spiritual superiors then trans is just another stream of christianity so all things trans are christian classes.

its a form of christianity labeled in the 1970s Libertarian Communist Christianity particular to england and its descendants.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

It might be this or that keeping incriminating evidence is the actions of fools.
Applying your logic:

the jews hiding from nazi is because they were the bad guys.

This is more like sexual liberation 2.0... With a few retards peddling their reactionary politics...

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Can't speak for anyone else but the only Abrahamic religion mentioned was Islam briefly followed by a good amount of eastern beliefs broadly. This was one day in fifth grade IIRC.

thats a shame as christianity is really interesting the basis of the usa was 3 things 1) to escape the authoritarian fall out of the english civil wars and 2) to escape one the radicals Christian sects the wars created notably and 3) escape the Christian magics..

all 3 have found there way to the usa in recent decades.. wiccanism is relabeled christian magics the tq+ are the most radical of christian sects.. these are the things the early us colonists purged from themselves on leaving england..

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

I can't believe I have to say this but smoking and drinking are not evidence-based, medically necessary care as determined by doctors following the guidelines of every major medical organization in the U.S.

The sanctimony doesn't sway me so you can save it, thanks.

Also, I'm not under the assumption that children possess the necessary intelligence, logic or wisdom to be able to make the types of choices required.

As is evidenced by detransitioners.

As is evidenced by retransitioners. That's not the word I'd like to use but it'll do.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Sure, it's fascinating if you're into that stuff.

I'm just saying it's not taught in public schools.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   

As is evidenced by detransitioners.

As is evidenced by retransitioners. That's not the word I'd like to use but it'll do.

I noticed you provided no sourcing.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that educational gap.

Why is it not covered more extensively? it's an important socio cultural aspect to humanity. Religions in general, their history, their structure, basic principles.

Is it the religious parents reeee for every scholar matter that denies their ignorance, that makes real education impossible, or is it the private market that's doing the dumbing down?
like here in Switzerland the universities curriculum is defined by the uni board and 90% of them are big business leaders so the content is rather biased.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join