It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A store owner was killed over a Pride flag she flew in front of her California business

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bipolarnightmare
I nominate you to be in the first wave of the miracle workers who get face to face with MS-13, cartel guys, white power guys, crips/bloods/etc, and smother them with hugs and kisses.
I think it won’t play out like you imagined. Like the mental health people who respond to violent crazy stuff in lieu of the mean scary police. This fabulous concept has not been good to these poor know-it-all busy-bodies.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

While I know this was likely a thread of juxtaposition from the other angle, and had the best intent, my suggestion is for everyone to stop cherry-picking LGBT themed news stories to pander to an increasingly divisive demographic with. Step one to stopping it.

Unfortunately, "Grandmother killed over LGBT Flag" triggers the colosseum effect in too wide a range of people and the ratings are too good. Regardless of their moralizing over it.

No one is changing s# about this. Unless there's a magic pill for all forms of herd mentallity and grandstanding (Now known as virtue signaling).

You're not going to stop sensationalism unless you ignore it, and you won't stop the polarized lunatic outliers and psychotic acts of martyrdom until you stop feeding their hysteria with sensationalism. Sorta a mutually parasitic assurance this isn't really fixable.
edit on 21-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Sorta a mutually parasitic assurance this isn't really fixable.

I like that.
Take on MAD.
Hyperbole?
Perhaps not.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It applies beyond this.

BLM is rooted in another self-perpetuating degradation trip. The Cops vs. Poverty. It's like a feedback loop of compounding hatred. In this case the Cops being called to same neighborhoods for the same demographic to do the same things scripts the prejudice that leads to profiling everyone that's poor out of pragmatism. In turn the poor feel harassed and marginalized and blame the cops mistrust on a systematic hatred the years of back forth helped create. So their children grow up throwing rocks at Cops instead.

This LGBT hysteria vs. Traditional Conservative thing is another one of these dangerous self-perpetuating feedback loops.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I wish that I knew a quick-sketch cartoonist.

Rodney King in the upper background "Can't we all just get along?"

Groups (2 or more) in lower foreground, pointing at each other, "They won't let us!"

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueBaby
One glance at comments here show what the homophobia, trans and LGBTQ hatred looks like. People scared of people being unlike them. I am glad to not be like them, my heart is as open as my mind.

originally posted by: Mahogany
Link

This hatred and violence really needs to stop. It's heartbreaking to read that this loved member of one of our communities, who was not even gay but was just trying to help others, was shot and killed in front of her own business.

A dispute over an LGBTQ+ pride flag at a California clothing store spiraled into deadly violence this weekend when a man shot and killed the 66-year-old business owner right in front of her shop, authorities said.

The man ran away from the store after the shooting Friday night but was later found and killed in a confrontation with officers from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

The agency said Laura Ann Carleton was pronounced dead at Mag.Pi, the store she owned and operated in Cedar Glen. The small community in the San Bernadino Mountains is roughly 60 miles (96 kilometers) east of downtown Los Angeles.

Before the shooting, the man “made several disparaging remarks about a rainbow flag that stood outside the store,” sheriff’s officials said.

They got him, but it's too late. A husband and nine children are now without a family member, because some idiot fell for the political outrage over the LGBTQ community and decided the answer was to kill someone in broad daylight.

How do we stop this? Should we hold the politicians responsible for stoking the flames and enabling this?

I’ll bet there’s not one person in this thread that hates or is phobic about any of your beloved agendas. Most everyone on this site is pretty intelligent with interesting pursuits, probably don’t have enough time to act the fool about other people’s beliefs.
You on the other hand, seem to have enough time to worry about how everyone that disagrees with you is hateful and Hitler.
edit on 21-8-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueBaby

I'd say it's pretty well represented by each side. There's more than a few doing the liberal part. It's a heavy conservative leaning site, what else do you expect? That's like expecting Fox News on in a Liberal Arts University dormroom.

The 'homophobia' and 'trans-LGBT hatred' needs to be cut slack. As much slack as you cut an alcoholic in a 12 step program at the very least. It's equally a passed on predisposition thing.

These are ingrained stigmas dating back generations.. While woke culture would have no trouble in the culture of Dionysus, years of authoritarian Christian patriarch has ingrained itself into a genetic memory and continuously conditioned repulsion to any remnant of Hellenistic sexual deviance.

You can't entirely undo 1700 continuous years in two generations. Even with a viral interconnected pop-culture to sign on to the effort. It backfires. Religious people are being forced to change their minds, I don't care if science says all mammals are on a spectrum of deviance, that mantra hasn't been ingrained long enough to matter.

I also think it needs to stop being classified as hate as much as self-defense. You may not like what the defense mechanisms are about but it's not necessarily rooted in character.

Or steal a Christian device and forgive them for knowing not what they do. And I guess vise versa.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueBaby

Just remember a person can have an open heart and open mind but still can have their own opinion that does not match your view.

The way to solve things is get past the blame and take care of the issue. That is the problem. Because if you took care of he issue there would be nothing to argue about.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The killer has been identified as Travis Ikeguchi. He had a history of posting anti-LGBTQ+ comments on his social media. In fact, his pinned Tweet is a burning Pride flag.

The shooting occurred after Carleton confronted Ikeguchi for tearing down the Pride flag.

As I said pages ago, the motive was pretty clear cut in this case.

Source
edit on 22-8-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Good thing the cops took care of him.
No reason the taxpayers should have funded the rest of this clowns life.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
The killer has been identified as Travis Ikeguchi. He had a history of posting anti-LGBTQ+ comments on his social media. In fact, his pinned Tweet is a burning Pride flag.

The shooting occurred after Carleton confronted Ikeguchi for tearing down the Pride flag.

As I said pages ago, the motive was pretty clear cut in this case.

Source

Most of us were prepared for this outcome, or any other.
I don’t think you could have survived it, if it was any different than the story you desperately needed to be true.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I wish that I knew a quick-sketch cartoonist.

Rodney King in the upper background "Can't we all just get along?"

Groups (2 or more) in lower foreground, pointing at each other, "They won't let us!"

Rodney Kings desire to “get along” was about as sincere as Hunter Bidens prayers.
He wanted to get along with the cops once they finally caught him, after he endangered countless people for an hour, and broke every law in the book.
Aaaaaand ….. the cops were 100 % wrong in their actions after that. Wanted to say that before some dimwit announces that I approved of the attack, instead of just telling the truth about silly old Rodney.
But I realize that the left needs its forever lies -

-Michael Brown hands up don’t shoot
-white George Zimmerman
-little baby Trayvon photos
-George Floyd didn’t OD on fentanyl (Chauvin is still a douche)
-guys pointing guns at cops is no reason to shoot them

X 1,000,000

(post by 3000Hard removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Where is the outrage from the left over this killing?
link

How is this any different?

Why is it okay to burn our Nation's flag but a hate crime to burn a rainbow flag? Isn't the whole rainbow thing about accepting people as they are? Why cant the lgbt-whatever groups accept people who disagree with their agenda? Where is the acceptance? Where is the tolerance?

Why should we be forced to accept a man in a dress for what he 'chose' to identify as when clearly he couldn't accept himself for who he really is? You want to talk about hate? How about the self-hate it must take to want to mutilate your own body, or worse yet, someone else's?

Keeping groomers away from 5 year olds is not hate or discrimination - its common sense. I don't care if some guy wants to wear makeup and a dress. I don't want or need to know why he does that. But I insist on knowing why he demands an audience of 5 year olds when he does it.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You had to go back nearly 30 years for your whataboutism?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: Mahogany

While I know this was likely a thread of juxtaposition from the other angle, and had the best intent, my suggestion is for everyone to stop cherry-picking LGBT themed news stories to pander to an increasingly divisive demographic with. Step one to stopping it.

Unfortunately, "Grandmother killed over LGBT Flag" triggers the colosseum effect in too wide a range of people and the ratings are too good. Regardless of their moralizing over it.

No one is changing s# about this. Unless there's a magic pill for all forms of herd mentallity and grandstanding (Now known as virtue signaling).

You're not going to stop sensationalism unless you ignore it, and you won't stop the polarized lunatic outliers and psychotic acts of martyrdom until you stop feeding their hysteria with sensationalism. Sorta a mutually parasitic assurance this isn't really fixable.

to sensationalize one person doing one stupid thing and trying to attribute that to the whole group (as the OP has done) is really stupid. The same as trying to claim the nutter that shot Steve Scalese represented the entire left. Stupid people do stupid things and both sides have stupid people. So this little game of idiocy can go on forever. But nothing good will come from it.

I'd much rather discuss how transgender surgeries for minors became a political issue where the left has to root for the mutilation of kids, while the right will shout it down. Why did common sense become such a rare commodity?

Perhaps I'm lost in my own little bubble, but I thought that we as a society were moving past racism and becoming more accepting of others lifestyle. Now it seems any wedge issue that can be found is exploited for the sole purpose of keeping racism, bigotry, and idiocy alive and well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join