It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A store owner was killed over a Pride flag she flew in front of her California business

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Link

This hatred and violence really needs to stop. It's heartbreaking to read that this loved member of one of our communities, who was not even gay but was just trying to help others, was shot and killed in front of her own business.

A dispute over an LGBTQ+ pride flag at a California clothing store spiraled into deadly violence this weekend when a man shot and killed the 66-year-old business owner right in front of her shop, authorities said.

The man ran away from the store after the shooting Friday night but was later found and killed in a confrontation with officers from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

The agency said Laura Ann Carleton was pronounced dead at Mag.Pi, the store she owned and operated in Cedar Glen. The small community in the San Bernadino Mountains is roughly 60 miles (96 kilometers) east of downtown Los Angeles.

Before the shooting, the man “made several disparaging remarks about a rainbow flag that stood outside the store,” sheriff’s officials said.

They got him, but it's too late. A husband and nine children are now without a family member, because some idiot fell for the political outrage over the LGBTQ community and decided the answer was to kill someone in broad daylight.

How do we stop this? Should we hold the politicians responsible for stoking the flames and enabling this?

+43 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

"How do we stop this"

Stop patronizing all the fringe groups in acts of appeasement.

There are always going to be people out there who will be violent. Like BLM being violent, and Antifa. When people push their views in any way publicly, (like wearing a MAGA hat), or (pick any symbol), some clown out there will possibly attack it or someone.

This is the unfortunate but inevitable result of the DNC's actions for fostering these symbols to be promoted, rallied about, and made in your face public.
edit on 20-8-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

There have been crazies on this planet since the dawn of time, and there always will be.

I recommend turning off the MSM news and finding something better to do with your time than focusing on Trump.

You’ll be much happier. I guarantee it.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately homophobia exists, thanks to having homosexuality shoved in people's faces. And now in children's faces.

When do I get to celebrate my heterosexuality? I'm feeling left out and discriminated against.

And who gets to pick the month we celebrate heterosexuality? My vote is for November, the month my heterosexual parents created me.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Perhaps the idiot was in fact an idiot? And that’s putting it lightly.

Stamping a LGBTQ logo on our contacts and sticking little flags on our steaks in the future isn’t going to change that though imo. Whether it’s marketing purposes or not.

The guy obviously had a few screws loose that’s most likely beyond LGBTQ.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

"How do we stop this"

Stop patronizing all the fringe groups in acts of appeasement.

There are always going to be people out there who will be violent. Like BLM being violent, and Antifa. When people push their views in any way publicly, (like wearing a MAGA hat), or (pick any symbol), some clown out there will possibly attack it or someone.

This is the unfortunate but inevitable result of the DNC's actions for fostering these symbols to be promoted, rallied about, and made in your face public.

IF the story’s true.
IF it has anything to do with LGBT (not some other grudge or beef).
The perp should be arrested and in jail forever or DP.
Pretty simple.
Unless you live for petty nonsense to obsess over.
People kill people for biased reasons all over the world every day all day. Shut up already.
Really to the OP, not this poster.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

Stamping a LGBTQ logo on our contacts and sticking little flags on our steaks in the future isn’t going to change that though imo. Whether it’s marketing purposes or not.

Lol, and when the guy has a screw loose, you’d be smart to not shove your flag in his face, scream that he’s a transphobe, and other dopey provocations.
Sometimes this garbage will get you.
But of course the special little people should do whatever they want, and nobody’s allowed to respond.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

It’s not shoved in your face. Only a teeny tiny man would think that, imo.

Lame excuse.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

There have been crazies on this planet since the dawn of time, and there always will be.

I recommend turning off the MSM news and finding something better to do with your time than focusing on Trump.

You’ll be much happier. I guarantee it.

There’s crazy, then there’s accepted crazy.

So, today’s hearing is not about whether left or right-wing extremism is worse. They are different problems requiring different strategies. And, it is well past time we recognize organized left-wing violence for the threat that it is.

homeland.house.gov...

Right wing violence is, for the most part, random and unacceptable to the majority of Rightists.

Left wing violence is organized, institutionalize, and cheered on, downplayed, and defended by Leftists.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

I assume you’re referring to last year’s protest over a man being lynched in the street

Can you explain to me how being triggered by a rainbow flag is the same?

And being shot and killed over said flag?

edit on 20-8-2023 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

When a large segment of society is disparaged, dismissed, called deplorable, fringe, and their freedom to voice their views and concerns are removed, the weaker minded or unstable members of that group are apt to snap and go off the deep end. Left or Right.

The more stable members of that group have the responsibility to stand up and call it out for what it is.

Like this post. If this nut did what he did posters here have condemned it.

An example of typical Leftist response were the threads on here related to the tranny school shooter a few months ago.

“It was the fault of the school, society, the parents,…”

Or the Antifa BLM violence.

This is the difference.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Store owner didn't deserve that.

We desperately need a heterosexual flag to balance the movement. It needs to be strung up the pole with the rest.

That way everyone's sexual proclivities can be advertised and praised. He was probably upset with that disparity.

Groups like BLM and the LGBTQ+whatever gender you pick club will always use the logic that an attack on one of them is an attack on all of them which is utter bullsnip.

Anyone got any design ideas for a standardized flag for us "normies"?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Im a tiny woman. And yeah, it's shoved in our faces. For a whole month of parades and celebrations and many of us dont want to celebrate open misogyny.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Who was being lynched in the street? Last year? I didn't hear about that! Got a link?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Im a tiny woman. And yeah, it's shoved in our faces. For a whole month of parades and celebrations and many of us dont want to celebrate open misogyny.

No it’s not. You are whining and it’s ridiculous.

You all want to ban everything lgbtq so flying a flag really means something to some - why can’t you be cool with that?

Does someone flying a flag in their home or business feel like they are shoving something in your face?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Who was being lynched in the street? Last year? I didn't hear about that! Got a link?

A few years ago than, my bad, sweetness.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You have to wait for the rest of the story , just like Paul Harvey would have said .
All you have is an article from apnews .

It was not immediately clear what happened when officers confronted the man

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Same request. Gotta link?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine, 'k.

I don't care about flags being flown or bumper stickers or any of that claptrap.

What I care about is that some fringe don't seem to be able to behave in normal society either, and when there is a backlash, then everyone acts surprised.

Maybe they could dial it back and leave peoples kids alone in schools and stop marching in the streets over the kind of sex they like because they don't like the opposite sex.

Maybe some of us are just OVER it.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Right wing violence is, for the most part, random and unacceptable to the majority of Rightists.

Have you been on this site when the topic of Right Wing extremists being responsible for most terrorist attacks in the US comes up?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join