It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: wdkirk

Since they are/were dwarves, why aren’t dwarves playing the role? It’s not right it have full grown people play the part.

Am I mistake. Or is that not the exact argument for an actor playing a handicapped person? (Actor not being handicapped)

Disney couldn't find enough dwarves that were non-binary

What would a dwarves pronouns be?

Wee/Hobbitish

Hobbits are a different race. That’s cultural appropriation. Bigot and racist.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Yes, but 3 races of hobbits brother....

Go figure.

Mg

edit on 07383838America/Chicago19_7America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Since they are/were dwarves, why aren’t dwarves playing the role? It’s not right it have full grown people play the part.

Am I mistake. Or is that not the exact argument for an actor playing a handicapped person? (Actor not being handicapped)

Wee/Hobbitish

Gods, I just can't win.

Send me to the camps, again.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Wee/Hobbitish

Gods, I just can't win.

Send me to the camps, again.

It’s bug paste and shock therapy for you.

I hear the will be playing the new Snow Brown and the 7 giant midgets movie on Sundays

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Again with the kids.

All in how the adults handle it.

That is what the problem is, right? Adults thinking they need to apply diversity when those little Brown/Black girls love the red-headed Ariel and Snow White with White skin and Black hair as much as any little White girl and to change them, they will ask for their "real" Ariel and Snow White back.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

22 pages

Unbelievable

The radical left ideology tries to rewrite culture and history and in this thread its supporters try to defend what is truly indefensible. So we are on page 22/23
edit on 19-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Once again, here is the actress in costume. Who are kids getting her confused with?

I see cultural appropriation as that dress is for someone with Snow White skin with Black hair...

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Maria from "West Side Story".

Dora the Explorer

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I hear the will be playing the new Snow Brown and the 7 giant midgets movie on Sundays

Instead of Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy, they will be called Zim, Xey, Fae, Vis, Yo, Aer and Eir.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Tell me, what part of the Black Forest did Adriana Caselotti come from?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know what you're saying. How did anyone ever differentiate between Black Widow and Major Kusanagi?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I know what you're saying. How did anyone ever differentiate between Black Widow and Major Kusanagi?

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's got the juiciest booty of them all?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Instead of Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy, they will be called Zim, Xey, Fae, Vis, Yo, Aer and Eir.

They didn’t even have names until 1912.

“The original Brothers Grimm version of Snow White did not name the seven. It wasn’t until the 1912 Broadway play “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” that they were given monikers. And the names were not what you think. They were called Blick, Flick, Glick, Pick, Quee, Snick and Whick.

Disney renamed the dwarfs for its movie to Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy and Sneezy.
The names have since been changed with each retelling of the tale, including the two Snow White movies released this year.”

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AlienBorg

Out books, stories, myths, characters, plays, novels, are all part of our history and culture. If you try to change them then you try to change history.

Yeh fictional characters are exactly that im sorry you fail to be able to recognize the difference.

I find it hilarious some people believe Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is inappropriate and racist.

Well if you will call them "dwarfs" im sure the majority of "little people" may not find your antiquated derogatory terminologies so "hilarious".

Put it this way if "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" had come out anytime this millennium it would simply have been called "Snow White".

Advise: Whoever lines up with the woke looses credibility.

Im not looking for credibility from you AlienBorg, or anyone else for that matter.

Calling people derogatory names loses credibility, or gains such with completely the wrong sorts of people, which is possibly something to think on.

Fairytales are too part of our history and culture. Why change them?

Fairytales are fiction no doubt about that fact.

Whereas once again recorded history is based on records and facts.

And again the only thing being changed is the colour of a ""fictional characters"" skin.

Im sorry you refuse to recognize the difference between what is real and what is fictitious.

You see made-up children's stories are exactly that.

If it's any consolation "Snow" don't care one way or the other, or for that matter, about anything much else.

What credibility are you talking about when the one of the dwarf actors has no issue with the word dwarf or his height. It's you who gets offended with words.. he doesn't and he gives the best possible answers in the Piers Morgan interview where he calls out the woke ideology and Disney.

It's not my problem if you fail to see that books, stories, plays, myths, novels, are all part of our history and culture and the woke culture is trying either to alter or erase them.

Again, I advise you watch the interview with Piers Morgan, the dwarf actor and the woke activist. The actor himself gives a good lesson and exposes further the woke ideology. Best possible answers I have seen coming from the actor himself.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Try watch the video I linked with Piers Morgan interviewing a woke activist and a dwarf actor who is well known for his role in movies.

I'm not giving Piers Morgan any clicks, but I searched and found out who the actor is. He's played a Leprechaun and voiced a Muppet. That's it lol. "Well known". He may not mind being called a dwarf, but many of them do. It is very much considered derogatory in this day and age.

Too bad!

You missed out on the great debate where the dwarf actor refutes all the arguments made by the woke activist and exposes further Disney and the woke culture.

The problem isn't the word dwarf in this case but the gaffe by Disney. I think you're missing the point by miles trying to concentrate again on words and political correctness.

Disney went woke and the entire world is laughing at them.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Try watch the video I linked with Piers Morgan interviewing a woke activist and a dwarf actor who is well known for his role in movies.

I'm not giving Piers Morgan any clicks, but I searched and found out who the actor is. He's played a Leprechaun and voiced a Muppet. That's it lol. "Well known". He may not mind being called a dwarf, but many of them do. It is very much considered derogatory in this day and age.

Too bad!

You missed out on the great debate where the dwarf actor refutes all the arguments made by the woke activist and exposes further Disney and the woke culture.

Stereotyping dwarfs now.

One speaks for all?

I kinda think they are individuals.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Too bad!

Stereotyping dwarfs now.

One speaks for all?

You don't like what he said?!
I think he speaks for all other dwarf actors who have their jobs taken by woke Disney.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a reply to: AlienBorg

Disney changed the story to placate the sensibilities of a Great Depression-era America.

Now they're changing the story to placate the sensibilities of a 2020s global audience.

There's no difference.

The difference is huge.

The story had a few changes by Disney back in 1937 because some material deemed brutal and violent for kids.

It's absurd to make comparisons with the attempts by Disney to change the entire cast for political and ideological reasons when in reality most people disagree with this change.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Too bad!

Stereotyping dwarfs now.

One speaks for all?

You don't like what he said?!
I think he speaks for all other dwarf actors who have their jobs taken by woke Disney.

Do you also mourn all the stunt persons who lost their jobs to CGI?

Being an actor of any kind is risky. It’s not a guaranteed profession — for anyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Actually the real reason disney remakes all the old stuff is so that they can keep the propriety rights. It's a legal thing. If they don't keep using the characters they lose the rights to them.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join