It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

So it was, came out in 2012 or thereabouts.

With the sequel "The Huntsman: Winter's War" out in 2016 by the looks of it.
edit on 19-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: AlienBorg

I don't understand the point of the dwarf casting change . . ..

I think it’s creative.

Where in the original story does dwarfism add any meaning to the story?

They’re like a prop handing out wisdom, but no reason that they need to be dwarfs.

In my view it was an incredibly rare version of a kids story or folk tale where Dwarfism/Dwarves were displayed in a positive light and on the side of good instead of evil for a change. They all had their unique personalities that defined them and were people just like everyone else rather than their height defining them and that aspect of the Grimm content would be considered PC/woke in modern times so a bizarre change to make.

PersonaIly I think this adaptation is more likely to marginalise kids with dwarfism and writing out the dwarfs/dwarfism gives a false impression that there's something wrong with people who have the condition - it all depends on the script and how that is played out but I think it's missed a major oppurtinity for inclusivity.

A lot of the Grimm and original folk stories content is far too brutal to depict in a 'real life' film and the type of content only seen in Cartel videos but there was never any negative connotations towards their height - the complaints about Snow White not being anaemic/aryan are dumb as the actress if light skinned and was meant to have fair complexion while the evil mother used lead and bleach to get an artificial whiteface.

If it had been re-written to 'mirror mirror on the wall, # the honky's kill 'em all' then I could understand all the amateur dramatics and grief olympics in the thread but as it stands the cries of the casting being anti-white or racist are from posters who weep like teen vaginas.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It seems to me you need to align with the radical left to support Disney in the re-making of history and the Snow White play. Change of colour, change of characters, change of heights, genders, race, and so on.

For those who haven't watched the video yet here is the interview on the Piers Morgan show. Best answers against the radical left were given by the dwarf actor who spoken truth after truth and had no issue with his height, the fact he was a dwarf, and the play itself. But he had a major problem with Disney going woke.

youtu.be...

freebeacon.com...

Go Woke, Go Broke: Disney to Axe 7,000 Jobs as Company Faces Backlash Over Left-Wing Agenda.

Disney on Wednesday announced it is cutting 7,000 jobs as the corporate giant weathers declining revenue amid backlash to its woke agenda.

The layoffs will allow Disney to cut a total of $5.5 billion in costs, with $3 billion coming out of content, CNBC reported. CEO Robert Iger said Disney will also reorganize into three divisions: entertainment, ESPN, and parks and experiences.

The overhaul follows recent setbacks for Disney last year under former CEO Bob Chapek. The Florida government has attempted to crack down on the family entertainment company's left-wing agenda, with Gov. Ron DeSantis (R.) threatening to retract Disney's tax-cut privileges and autonomy as a special district. Disney has faced criticism for its open opposition to the Parental Rights in Education Act, dubbed by Democrats as the "Don't Say Gay" bill, which prohibits teachers from discussing sex and gender identity with children younger than the third grade.

Disney has experienced troubles at the box office as well as in streaming. Recent Disney/Pixar movies Lightyear and Strange World, with budgets of $200 million and $180 million, respectively, flopped at the box office. Both films stirred up controversy over explicit LGBT themes in movies intended for children and families.

This one will be great to see how it performs. I am sure entire families together with their kids would be very much interested to watch some weird non binary gender queer creatures for the sake of 'inclusiveness and equality'.

edit on 19-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I appreciate anyone different being “seen” as normal.

My mom was a victim of the 51/52 polio epidemic.

We belonged to a disabled club. There was all kinds of disabilities, not just polio.

In the link I posted there was 2 versions of origin. One that slave children were forced to work in mines and one where the mines were too small and only little people could work in them.

Folklore/parables generally come from a real occurrence.

But still a group in the forest does not have to be dwarfs to tell the story.

But, yeah the racist uproar is very telling.

edit on 19-7-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheValeyard

So it would seem.

I mean 21 pages deep now complaining.

With some peeps near enough steam coming out of their ears.

Over the prospect of a mere change in a fictional character's skin pigmentation.

Again "There is no such thing as bad publicity".

Complain away mate.

Have you even see the actress put forward for the position of Snow White?

I think Rachel Zegler looks like she will make a great "Snow White".

Same as i think "Gal Gadot" will make the perfect "Evil Queen".

Would you be okay with Queen Latifa staring in a biopic of Queen Liz?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Of course, people that disagree with you must be racist. Tell a different story than with a different name and at least kids will not be confused as their story's main character evolves into someone they don't recognize.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Of course, people that disagree with you must be racist. Tell a different story than with a different name and at least kids will not be confused as their story's main character evolves into someone they don't recognize.

Again with the kids.

All in how the adults handle it.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Once again, here is the actress in costume. Who are kids getting her confused with?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Once again, here is the actress in costume. Who are kids getting her confused with?

Not Snow White.
The kids will be confused with the non binary gender queer weird creatures...

Disney has made the choice to go woke. This comes at a price I am afraid. See my reply (a few replies back).

The woke ideology seems to be having very difficult times.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Maria from "West Side Story".

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Would not be an issue for me DBCowboy.

Not a big royal fan, and the woman's planted.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
22 pages

Unbelievable

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DBCowboy

Would not be an issue for me DBCowboy.

Not a big royal fan, and the woman's planted.

lol

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

22 pages

Unbelievable

I know.

Why doesn't Snow White have a penis?

Time to boycott, amirite?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AlienBorg

When they remake "Roots" and have Brat Pitt star as Kunta Kinte, then I won't have any issues with this.

I was thinking Benedict cumberbatch

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Since they are/were dwarves, why aren’t dwarves playing the role? It’s not right it have full grown people play the part.

Am I mistake. Or is that not the exact argument for an actor playing a handicapped person? (Actor not being handicapped)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Dylan Mulvaney

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Since they are/were dwarves, why aren’t dwarves playing the role? It’s not right it have full grown people play the part.

Am I mistake. Or is that not the exact argument for an actor playing a handicapped person? (Actor not being handicapped)

Disney couldn't find enough dwarves that were non-binary

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

What would a dwarves pronouns be?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

What would a dwarves pronouns be?

Wee/Hobbitish

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join