It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knew This Was Coming

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy
a reply to: quintessentone

so you think that the schools should have more rights over the children than the parents?

What makes you think it's not the parents challenging this bill?

Attorneys for students, parents and teachers filed a notice of appeal at the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal after U.S. District Judge Allen Winsor last month dismissed — for the second time — a lawsuit arguing the law is unconstitutional. Winsor on Feb. 15 ruled that the plaintiffs had not “alleged sufficient facts” to show they had legal standing to challenge the law.

www.wlrn.org...

The fight continues.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No sexual materials? God but you are dense. Just how many news repots have had parents complaining about it? Oh I bet you could rattle off 5-10 easy. But you just said their isn't and of those there. SO which is it? I hope you're getting paid enough to act this stupid, if not well its ok not everyone can have basic thinking skills.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74

No sexual materials? God but you are dense. Just how many news repots have had parents complaining about it? Oh I bet you could rattle off 5-10 easy. But you just said their isn't and of those there. SO which is it? I hope you're getting paid enough to act this stupid, if not well its ok not everyone can have basic thinking skills.

Reread the thread and then you might have something worthwhile to add.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: putnam6

Adults can deal with these issues themselves but young children are witnessing anti-LGBTQ hate and intolerance and that is not right. If someone has an issue go through the proper channels away from the children, is all I'm saying. Well, of course along with all the hypocrisy that is evident within society.

Respectfully I don't hate anybody, I certainly have empathy for a troubled, confused kid with raging feelings who is bullied just because. It however doesn't mean this troubled, confused kid with raging feelings gets to beat the crap out of the female student body literally and figuratively.

I understand there is the hate aspect there, but that is different than competing in sports. FWIW I got daughters, just talking with them over the years the stereotypical LGBTQ hate has gone down quite a bit from when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s to when they were children and teens in the 90s and 2000s. I have family members who teach middle and high school, and both have plenty of LGBTQ students.

Hell, I was bullied some in school cause I was a little kid, nothing like what these children in this situation experience, but yea I still think about it 50 years later. I know we need to cut the hate, but respectfully athletics is how lots of teens handle all those hormones and emotions. We haven't even mentioned the actual trans-only numbers here either, they have to be minuscule it's probably a lot less than 3% because there is no way even a high school with 1000 students has 30 male-to-female transgenders who have the urge to compete against genetic females. It's probably closer to 4-5 tops.

As I said my focus is just the male-to-female trans in the elementary, middle, and high school sports area only. If a middle school male-to-female trans wants to be in the girls' chorus got no problem with that, they aren't dressing around each other or beating the crap out of girls because they have a genetic and hormonal advantage.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a claim of 7 people represented as plaintiffs, a gay couple and their kids, and 2 teachers from the same school district, likely the same school, so when you ask if i think its not the parents making the challenge, no i do not think 7 poeple in collusion represent the whole of the state, i guess we shall see but...its not looking good

again, from your own source

“Plaintiffs have shown a strident disagreement with the new law, and they have alleged facts to show its very existence causes them deep hurt and disappointment,” Winsor wrote. “But to invoke a federal court’s jurisdiction, they must allege more. Their failure to do so requires dismissal.”

and that still doesnt answer, do you think the school should have more rights over the children than the parents?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Oh really? So protecting children is against the constitution? And I'm reading that YOU'LL do something about it? That a threat? Hmmm sounds threatening to me. But anyway that's easy to type. There is no way you would say that to any other adult face to face. It would be funny to ME if you tried.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

a claim of 7 people represented as plaintiffs, a gay couple and their kids, and 2 teachers from the same school district, likely the same school, so when you ask if i think its not the parents making the challenge, no i do not think 7 poeple in collusion represent the whole of the state, i guess we shall see but...its not looking good

“Plaintiffs have shown a strident disagreement with the new law, and they have alleged facts to show its very existence causes them deep hurt and disappointment,” Winsor wrote. “But to invoke a federal court’s jurisdiction, they must allege more. Their failure to do so requires dismissal.”

and that still doesnt answer, do you think the school should have more rights over the children than the parents?

Well Disney still has their lawsuit and it's going to get dicey for De Santis' Orwellian state.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

LMAO, the disney suit isnt even related to the law, as i stated earlier, disney helped pay for this to become a bill

which orwellian reality do you live in?

www.tallahassee.com...

edit on 13pm30900000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

There is a later article where it's headed to an appeals court. You can't take away one person's rights to appease others' beliefs or bias'.

That cuts both ways, and once more girls get hurt in sports because biological males are over powering them and hurting them and more school districts get taken to court for not protecting the girls, there will be a nasty splash back that you and people like you will be responsible for.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

a reply to: putnam6

Adults can deal with these issues themselves but young children are witnessing anti-LGBTQ hate and intolerance and that is not right. If someone has an issue go through the proper channels away from the children, is all I'm saying. Well, of course along with all the hypocrisy that is evident within society.

Respectfully I don't hate anybody, I certainly have empathy for a troubled, confused kid with raging feelings who is bullied just because. It however doesn't mean this troubled, confused kid with raging feelings gets to beat the crap out of the female student body literally and figuratively.

I understand there is the hate aspect there, but that is different than competing in sports. FWIW I got daughters, just talking with them over the years the stereotypical LGBTQ hate has gone down quite a bit from when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s to when they were children and teens in the 90s and 2000s. I have family members who teach middle and high school, and both have plenty of LGBTQ students.

Hell, I was bullied some in school cause I was a little kid, nothing like what these children in this situation experience, but yea I still think about it 50 years later. I know we need to cut the hate, but respectfully athletics is how lots of teens handle all those hormones and emotions. We haven't even mentioned the actual trans-only numbers here either, they have to be minuscule it's probably a lot less than 3% because there is no way even a high school with 1000 students has 30 male-to-female transgenders who have the urge to compete against genetic females. It's probably closer to 4-5 tops.

As I said my focus is just the male-to-female trans in the elementary, middle, and high school sports area only. If a middle school male-to-female trans wants to be in the girls' chorus got no problem with that, they aren't dressing around each other or beating the crap out of girls because they have a genetic and hormonal advantage.

Then I see reports such as at the link and wonder, who is really getting the sharp end of the spear.

williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu...

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

There is a later article where it's headed to an appeals court. You can't take away one person's rights to appease others' beliefs or bias'.

That cuts both ways, and once more girls get hurt in sports because biological males are over powering them and hurting them and more school districts get taken to court for not protecting the girls, there will be a nasty splash back that you and people like you will be responsible for.

That will be determined by parents, students and the school staff not outsiders.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

LMAO, the disney suit isnt even related to the law, as i stated earlier, disney helped pay for this to become a bill

which orwellian reality do you live in?

www.tallahassee.com...

LMAO you don't even read the title to your article...before feuding with Disney.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Do you think children's rights should be respected?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

depends what you define as childrens rights,
thats two questions of yours i have answered while you dance around the same question i have asked several times

Do i think they should be the ones who decide whether they are gay or not, yes.
Do i think they should be educated about the serious repercussions of becoming trans, yes.
Do i think that teachers in school should be the ones doing that educating or helping the children decide, ABSOLUTELY NOT

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Please quote for me in the Constitution a child's rights in the United States.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

also this

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Please quote for me in the Constitution a child's rights in the United States.

This for a start:

The challenge to the 2022 law contends that it violated constitutional due-process, equal-protection and First Amendment rights, along with a federal law known as Title IX, which bars sex-based discrimination in education programs.

Plaintiffs in the revised version of the case, filed in October, are two students in Miami-Dade County and Manatee County schools, two lesbian couples with children in Miami-Dade County schools, a woman with children in Orange County schools and two teachers in Broward County and Pasco County schools. The defendants are the State Board of Education, the Florida Department of Education and the school boards in Broward, Manatee, Miami-Dade, Orange and Pasco counties.

The lawsuit alleged the plaintiffs have suffered “concrete harms” from the 2022 law.

“They have been denied equal educational opportunities they would like to receive, in the curriculum and beyond, and they have been subjected to a discriminatory educational environment that treats LGBTQ people and issues as something to be shunned and avoided, on pain of discipline and liability,” the lawsuit said. “This type of overtly discriminatory treatment has no place in a free democratic society and should not be permitted to stand.”

www.wlrn.org...

Basically denying LGBTQ children equal educational opportunities.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

also this

also this...start at page 475

ww3.lawschool.cornell.edu...

B. Tensions Between Parental Disapproval of School Curricula and Students' Rights

Although families have a strong right to control the upbringing of their children, public schools have an arguably broader and stronger right
to create informative curricula and give children appropriate and important information that may curb violence or hate. Parents who challenge
curriculum-based decisions in court are rarely successful due to the significant deference courts typically give to school boards and districts in
creating curricula. This deference is at least partially because these decisions are often made by democratically elected officials, and parents
have the ability to vote those officials in or out of office if they so choose.78

This is what is happening right now in Florida and other red states.
edit on q00000017630America/Chicago1717America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

but the text of the law does not deny equal education, unless all of a sudden your saying that homosexuality is new lesson in third grade?
edit on 13pm301000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what you think talent is from earlier today.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join