It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: quintessentone

Olivia refused to bend a knee. She shouldn't have to. Science is on her side.

As well as academia, research, etc.
No student / researcher should be sandbagged by a prof for not agreeing with them politically.
No legit school or think tank should allow that.
A prof / admin should encourage scientific inquiry, debate, competition - not shut it down with unannounced punishment.
How cute that our ATS lefties think it’s great to do this, if it goes their way.
Infantile.
edit on 3-6-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

The leftists only teach obedience.

Never independent thought.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Nah, that's what your opinion is, but not the objective of this thread, I don't believe.

The thread is about getting a failing grade even though the science proves your teacher wrong.

Dont get it twisted.

Who cares what side of the political aisle the student is on? Science is on her side.

The political side of the student explains why she protested via her paper to make her tik tok footprint matter because before this...Olivia who?

I wonder if there are a couple of Nigerian brothers involved somehow.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

Nah, that's what your opinion is, but not the objective of this thread, I don't believe.

The thread is about getting a failing grade even though the science proves your teacher wrong.

Dont get it twisted.

Who cares what side of the political aisle the student is on? Science is on her side.

The political side of the student explains why she protested via her paper to make her tik tok footprint matter because before this...Olivia who?

I wonder if there are a couple of Nigerian brothers involved somehow.

Well, universities are MAGA country!

edit on 3-6-2023 by DBCowboy because: drinking

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Dont get it twisted.

Making fun of a 18-20 year old.
How old are you ?
Someones tik tok is important to you, or this OP ?
Why ?
This can’t simply be a matter of freedom of speech, or opinion ?
Why not ?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The leftists only teach obedience.

Never independent thought.

Well, also a good dose of infantile hate, attack, lying, revenge, and so on.
Don’t shortchange them.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

She still has that freedom to not bend a knee and also the right to appeal the grade. What is she doing now? Having a field day on right wing tik tok sites.

Haha …. NOT up to the adult person with the authority / power to justify their attack ….. TOTALLY the responsibility of the barely adult person to prove they’re not guilty (aka not constitutional).
How do you so consistently get this totally backwards ?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

right wing tik tok sites.

You're not being serious are you?

Shaming and intimidation tactics won't work. Are you being serious?

Lol, redefines their own shame and embarrassment as “shaming and intimidation”.
We are really in this situation where this happens, regularly.
What a trip.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Pretty sure tiktok is bigger than one person, but i will let you think what you want there pal.

What is she proving you wrong about?

You don't know what my judgement is so how can you know it needs tweaking? I simply stated that there was nothing wrong with the term she used. I have no desire to "deep dive" into tiktok to find out what her motives and "agenda" are. I never commented on her to begin with, I simply called you out for being ignorant in claiming that tiktok is a " right wing site"

I never claimed tik tok was a right wing site, I claimed her footprint looks to be right wing. Big difference there. Your judgement or comprehension skills are off.

I LITERALLY quoted you saying "right wing tik tok site". I think you might have hit your head getting onto your high horse there bud.

Heh, they can not be corrected even with the clearest example (quote) of them lying or pure foolishness.
They will simply say “nuh uh” or “waddaya mean ?”
Or “did not”.
Discussion is long gone. Forget debate. You can’t do either with a sociopath psychopath.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I foresee weepy complaints and penalties for me, in the near future. Hopefully I’m wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray
I foresee weepy complaints and penalties for me, in the near future. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Just don't say, "biological woman" or criticize anything the evil left puts out there and you'll be fine.

Hell, your credit score will probably increase.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually my first time was today and it was to confirm what Reddit folks were seeing on Olivia's footprint...#savewomenssports #wokeprofessor - sounds like agendae to me.

Well, of course she has an agenda:

...my project is about transgenderists competing in biological women's sports. How am I supposed to do my final project if I can't use the word 'biological women'? That's what my project is about," she concluded the video.

For all intents and purposes, her project is her agenda and her agenda is her project. Duh.

And -- obviously! -- she will be considered transphobic by Trans Agitators Activists for challenging men competing in women's sports. Again -- Duh.

Likewise, those policing her language also have an agenda... to police other people's language for wrongspeak. One more time... DUH!!!

I am not sure that it's the professor making the rules, who actually seems to be encouraging Olivia and her project. I'm more inclined to think it's the school which has imposed these rules. The next question to ask is if these gendered language rules were made known to Olivia, and therefore whether Olivia knew or should have known before writing the paper. Then she could have and should have used the approved terms, in which case (presumably) she would have received an appropriate score for her paper.

The greater question, and the only question the public should be involving themselves with, is whether or not the college/university should be banning gendered language at all. If this is a taxpayer funded college or university, then they have no authority to police her language or to limit her speech or otherwise trample her 1st Amendment rights. If it's a private college or university, they can make their own rules no matter how pathetic, and people can choose for themselves whether to attend... but they should receive no tax dollars at all for any reason.

Whatever Olivia's "agenda" is, this is newsworthy not because of Olivia. This is far bigger than Olivia. She's just one more piece in this craptastic puzzle. Women all over the world are fighting men competing in women's sports. Many athletic organizations all over the world are banning men in women's sports competitions. People all over the world are fighting the policing of our language... of science... of truth. All the bullying and harassment and canceling hasn't worked.

People genuinely interested in the rights and well-being of transgender persons need to stop and re-think their methods and their goals. They cannot have everything they want. Nor should they. And this is a perfect example.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So you're judging an entire app on one person? That is not very woke of you

She is leaving us in the dark as to why she refuses to use the non-transphobia terms her professor claims she is not using.

And here is the heart of all your posts. First of all, a phobia is basically a fear, correct? I don’t know of anyone on ATS who has said they fear trans people. I sure don’t. Nice catch word though.

So it would seem you subscribe to the fact that the term “Biological Woman” is hate speech, and “transphobia “.
My belief is that trans people are delusional, and hurting themselves because they have that delusion. On top of that, they demand acceptance of everyone, not tolerance which I would gladly give if they would just tone it down a little.

Stop the gaslighting already. Most of us had biology before this whole trans thing started. And we are well aware of how things work. We don’t need Biology lessons from woke people.

I think you, and others like you are those with an agenda. Most of us are just fine with common sense.

Maybe we need to coin our own phobia, the “ people who believe things that aren’t true phobia”. Nah, not catchy enough.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

So you're judging an entire app on one person? That is not very woke of you

She is leaving us in the dark as to why she refuses to use the non-transphobia terms her professor claims she is not using.

And here is the heart of all your posts. First of all, a phobia is basically a fear, correct? I don’t know of anyone on ATS who has said they fear trans people. I sure don’t. Nice catch word though.

So it would seem you subscribe to the fact that the term “Biological Woman” is hate speech, and “transphobia “.
My belief is that trans people are delusional, and hurting themselves because they have that delusion. On top of that, they demand acceptance of everyone, not tolerance which I would gladly give if they would just tone it down a little.

Stop the gaslighting already. Most of us had biology before this whole trans thing started. And we are well aware of how things work. We don’t need Biology lessons from woke people.

I think you, and others like you are those with an agenda. Most of us are just fine with common sense.

Maybe we need to coin our own phobia, the “ people who believe things that aren’t true phobia”. Nah, not catchy enough.

Transphobia wasn't my choice of word it is what others are calling her when they comment on her tik tok vids.

Here's a good retort to this student's bad faith in that course.

www.tiktok.com...@thefloorismarlava/video/7238225896941866282

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You have already made up your mind on this subject, why not run with what you believe? “ students bad faith in that course”. it would seem that you are looking for agreement with what you believe, not discussion.

What’s your agenda? What offends you when someone says “Biological Woman”. Just curious. Oh, I don’t tictoc, sorry.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Bad faith or PAYING CUSTOMER??

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Bad faith or PAYING CUSTOMER??

Both it appears. She can use any terminology, albiet incorrect terminology, she wants but she will be the one losing in the end.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Except her terminology is NOT incorrect, therefore her professor is in the wrong and teaching hot garbage.

And, because she is a paying customer, her professor and the school is fraudulent in selling her that hot garbage. Get it now?
edit on 6/3/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Except her terminology is NOT incorrect, therefore her professor is in the wrong and teaching hot garbage.

Well transfolk say she used incorrect terminology, who would know best you, me or them?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I see you skipped my post, what’s your agenda. Why are you butthurt over this?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join