It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: linda72

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: linda72

I have to agree, this is just bonkers.

No one seems to use the term "Political Correctness" any more.

This is PC gone mad.

I blame the Snowflake generation.

We have this nonsense here in the UK.

news.sky.com...

This is a good phrase I often forget! Snowflake generation it is.

But the problem is real n serious when they try to silence Kathleen Stock n every other academic who speaks against the gender ideology by just stating facts.

This Olivia student needs to not sign up for liberal arts courses, there problem solved.

I recall when a grounding in the liberal arts was a noble thing. Now it's trash and you just confirmed it.

Go to this Olivia's tik tok page and her far reaching agenda is plain for all to see. She is just a sh** disturber for the conversative base and this looks like a planned agenda to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The problem with adding, the socially constructed term, women to biological, is that you exclude the person that was born with two xx but is not a woman.

I can see how she would use that in a solid yet discriminatory argument.

Maybe when referring to the necessity of a binary system for sexual reproduction it would be wise to use the scientific terms. Like an xx and a xy person.

She must have posted her work for all to see and judge for themselfs?

No?

Well then i call agenda, and by the looks of it, Republicans might bank on that topic for the next elections...

You are completely wrong, the word woman isn't a social construct.A woman is an adult human female and not some random term you found online.

Humans who have a pair of XX chromosomes are by definition women even when you account for some rare medical conditions: Intersex (still genetically female)

But transgender women are males who have a pair of XY chromosomes n don't fall into the category of these medical conditions. Using the term biological woman is accurate n not offensive or discriminatory.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Plenty of college classes I would never have set foot in, had they not been required for graduation.

Pretty sure some liberal arts classes are required.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

news.sky.com...

But the problem is real n serious when they try to silence Kathleen Stock n every other academic who speaks against the gender ideology by just stating facts.

This Olivia student needs to not sign up for liberal arts courses, there problem solved.

I recall when a grounding in the liberal arts was a noble thing. Now it's trash and you just confirmed it.

Go to this Olivia's tik tok page and her far reaching agenda is plain for all to see. She is just a sh** disturber for the conversative base and this looks like a planned agenda to me.

You keep referring to Olivia like someone with an agenda but there is no agenda.

You are trying a lot to give support to the people on tik-tok and the gender ideology but the more these stories surface the more the gender ideology is exposed.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What course was she taking? Why hasn't she appealed the grade? Why isn't she providing the teacher's reasoning for the grade? Please provide answers to these questions so we can dig deeper.

Simply because it is more than likely there is a formal complaint on the way

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

news.sky.com...

You keep referring to Olivia like someone with an agenda but there is no agenda.

You are trying a lot to give support to the people on tik-tok and the gender ideology but the more these stories surface the more the gender ideology is exposed.

Her tik tok footprint is all we have to go on to assess her intentions. She will not comment to the magazine Evie, she won't reveal the school, course, or prof. name. How are we to assess the situation with no leads?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

news.sky.com...

Her tik tok footprint is all we have to go on to assess her intentions. She will not comment to the magazine Evie, she won't reveal the school, course, or prof. name. How are we to assess the situation with no leads?

Look at the comment above but I can repeat it for you.

It's more than likely there is a formal complaint on the way n if you knew about academic complaints n procedures you don't reveal any details or name academics when you make a formal complaint n when you are still a student in the course. But i understand you don't know much about college n university procedures n you rely on tik-tok
edit on 3-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The student can easily use this wacky term as a case to get her paper graded properly.

"Heteronormativity"

Heteronormativity is the concept that heterosexuality is the preferred or normal mode of sexual orientation.[1] It assumes the gender binary (i.e., that there are only two distinct, opposite genders) and that sexual and marital relations are most fitting between people of opposite sex

A concept, not an actual widely accepted academic term, a concept made up by post modernists to try and take away the fact that humans have sex to procreate, and that's called a heterosexual act, sex between a biological man and woman is heterosexual!

But wait, the concept double downs:

Heteronormativity creates and upholds a social hierarchy based on sexual orientation with the practice and belief that heterosexuality is deemed as the societal norm

Most of humanity is heterosexual!
This is getting ridiculous.

en.wikipedia.org...

Strongly agree with you

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What course was she taking? Why hasn't she appealed the grade? Why isn't she providing the teacher's reasoning for the grade? Please provide answers to these questions so we can dig deeper.

More than likely you don't know what the hell is going on with this.

On one of her tik toks she is showing email exchanges with her prof. Now why would she be doing that if she lodged a formal complaint? Nobody but Terpene and I see what's going on here...agenda.
edit on q00000000630America/Chicago1414America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Having worked in academia for a number of years I am sure I know well the complaint procedures.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Having worked in academia for a number of years I am sure I know well the complaint procedures.

Is a student and prof. allowed to email each other while a complaint has been lodged?

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm curious about 0 out of how many points. I was at a different college last semester, and this stage of a paper was worth exactly 1 point. Out of 1015 total for the semester.

Now that she knows her professor's political leanings, it should be easy to adjust her wording and tone to satisfy her audience of one.

---------------------------

I understand many of y'all will not like that comment. College English exists to teach students to write reports and proposals for work. And not offending the "senabilities" of the person/people you want something from helps you achieve or goal. Whiter its more money, new equipment, etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Pay $1500 to bend the knee.
edit on 6/3/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: Im a dumbass

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This is PC gone mad.

The folks on Reddit are saying that she is a transphobic with an agenda and just trying to stir up sh**.

I ve already predicted the accusations are just around the corner n I stand correct on this.

There is plenty of context despite the fact you ignore it n the answer to your questions is here in the OP. I ve noticed the conversations you ve had denying there is context but others argued there is plenty of it.

Olivia, this is a solid proposal. However, the terms 'biological women' are exclusionary and are not allowed in this course as they further reinforce heteronormativity."

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: quintessentone

Since we are striving to be so open minded that we will throw out science for fantasy, whats to stop someone from identifying as a different race so they can get in on the reparations grab early?
Are you that open minded? Its DNA, afterall, and that should be completely meaningless compared to how we FEEL inside, and I feel oppressed.

What if the anti-LGBTQ protesters won the right to ban the books and videos teaching diversity and inclusiveness in the school, they deem inappropriate? Would not the LGBTQ parents then feel oppressed? It works both ways. They have the freedom to have their children opt out of the reading/videos and that should be the end of it, not to take away others' rights to have their children taught as they see fit.

So youre ok with whites going "transblack" to get some reparation money.

link   

a reply to: Jason79

Pay $1500 to bend the knee.

A formal complaint is the best course of action imo

Then things can escalate if she doesn't get what she wants

link   

Is a student and prof. allowed to email each other while a complaint has been lodged?

@ Linda/ - you didn't answer this question.
edit on q00000011630America/Chicago0202America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

Since we are striving to be so open minded that we will throw out science for fantasy, whats to stop someone from identifying as a different race so they can get in on the reparations grab early?
Are you that open minded? Its DNA, afterall, and that should be completely meaningless compared to how we FEEL inside, and I feel oppressed.

What if the anti-LGBTQ protesters won the right to ban the books and videos teaching diversity and inclusiveness in the school, they deem inappropriate? Would not the LGBTQ parents then feel oppressed? It works both ways. They have the freedom to have their children opt out of the reading/videos and that should be the end of it, not to take away others' rights to have their children taught as they see fit.

So youre ok with whites going "transblack" to get some reparation money.

This thread has to do with whether or not Olivia has an right wing agenda, which is shown to be the case on her tik tok footprint. Prove me wrong. Nobody here can.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The problem with adding, the socially constructed term, women to biological, is that you exclude the person that was born with two xx but is not a woman.

I can see how she would use that in a solid yet discriminatory argument.

Maybe when referring to the necessity of a binary system for sexual reproduction it would be wise to use the scientific terms. Like an xx and a xy person.

She must have posted her work for all to see and judge for themselfs?

No?

Well then i call agenda, and by the looks of it, Republicans might bank on that topic for the next elections...

I call agenda too and if Republicans bank on that topic for the next elections, they will lose because people's #1 on the list is not that.

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Nah, that's what your opinion is, but not the objective of this thread, I don't believe.

The thread is about getting a failing grade even though the science proves your teacher wrong.

Dont get it twisted.

Who cares what side of the political aisle the student is on? Science is on her side.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join