It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

You are the one who claimed to know how to find the syllabus, go find it yourself.

I was quoting the linked article. And the only way they would offend or harm someone is if the professor shared the essay/writing. And they should/can't do that without permission which I'm sure was not given.

Well that's what the student read on her tik tok, nothing about any term, just do no harm and don't offend.

Simple enough to understand and follow, hmm?

It's futile to keep arguing about this-you are proven wrong.

You said Olivia apologized for what she said but that's completely false-to remind you this is what she said

I do apologize for using the term biological woman and it was redundant and not necessary using the term biological to describe a man or woman implies that they're non-biological men and women

Anyone can see the absolute sarcasm from her part which you called apology
edit on 7-6-2023 by linda72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: linda72

You are the one who claimed to know how to find the syllabus, go find it yourself.

I was quoting the linked article. And the only way they would offend or harm someone is if the professor shared the essay/writing. And they should/can't do that without permission which I'm sure was not given.

Well that's what the student read on her tik tok, nothing about any term, just do no harm and don't offend.

You said Olivia apologized for what she said but that's completely false-to remind you

She caved and changed her terminology, so whether she apologized in good or bad faith is neither here nor there. She is now not using that term that is deemed offensive to some people.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You said Olivia apologized for what she said but that's completely false-to remind you

She caved and changed her terminology, so whether she apologized in good or bad faith is neither here nor there. She is now not using that term that is deemed offensive to some people.

That's false too.

She has never apologized n she is using the same terms as before n the same original proposal. If you can show us where is the evidence in her tik-tok videos or anywhere else-but you don't have any evidence.

This is what she said to remind you again in case you want to propagandize further

Following the email that I sent my school regarding the incident between me and my professor I attended a meeting in which we discussed this and come to the conclusion that I'll finish my project with the original proposal, I have someone else marking it other than my professor and I also have an extension until next week. I am very thankful for the woman who's helping me set this up however she doesn't deal with the jurisdiction regarding professors violating policies.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

That's false too.

She has never apologized n she is using the same terms as before n the same original proposal. If you can show us where is the evidence in her tik-tok videos or anywhere else-but you don't have any evidence.

Well its there and if you want it you will have to go diving for it. At this point why don't you focus on whether or not she will be able to get her professor fired or not. I'm betting...not.
edit on q00000033630America/Chicago2424America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   

That's false too.

Well its there and if you want it you will have to go diving for it. At this point why don't you focus on whether or not she will be able to get her professor fired or not. I'm betting...not.

It's nowhere n i have not found or anywhere else the claims you made-but have found what she said and quoted her above
Take notice on the part

I attended a meeting in which we discussed this and come to the conclusion that I'll finish my project with the original proposal, I have someone else marking it other than my professor and I also have an extension until next week

nothing said about a different proposal or changing words which you wanted so much

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   

That's false too.

It's nowhere n i have not found or anywhere else the claims you made-but have found what she said and quoted her above
Take notice on the part

I attended a meeting in which we discussed this and come to the conclusion that I'll finish my project with the original proposal, I have someone else marking it other than my professor and I also have an extension until next week

nothing said about a different proposal or changing words which you wanted so much

The term original proposal says nothing about using or not using that specific term. Anyway, we need to move on to what may be a more important outcome, whether or not this student's initial protest for freedom of speech will win the day. How will you be able to monitor the outcome? Do you know the name of the school, the professor's name...?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I would say she has a pretty strong case for a hostile environment claim, at the very least.

She was singled out for using a, correct, term that the teacher found to be "offensive and hurtful". That is very arbitrary to say the least. The teacher should be unbiased in these instances.

And yes, I know you're going to say "read the syllabus, it says blah blah blah". Yes we are all aware what you claim the syllabus says from the almighty tiktok. And, as I have stated before, the only way this term would have been offensive to anyone would have bene if it was shared without permission to others in the school.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I would say she has a pretty strong case for a hostile environment claim, at the very least.

She was singled out for using a, correct, term that the teacher found to be "offensive and hurtful". That is very arbitrary to say the least. The teacher should be unbiased in these instances.

And yes, I know you're going to say "read the syllabus, it says blah blah blah". Yes we are all aware what you claim the syllabus says from the almighty tiktok. And, as I have stated before, the only way this term would have been offensive to anyone would have bene if it was shared without permission to others in the school.

What my interest in this situation is now, is whether or not her form of protest will change anything. This is where the tire meets the road. Unfortunately it appears none of us here know how to monitor this without any facts.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   

That's false too.

Take notice on the part

The term original proposal says nothing about using or not using that specific term. Anyway, we need to move on to what may be a more important outcome, whether or not this student's initial protest for freedom of speech will win the day. How will you be able to monitor the outcome? Do you know the name of the school, the professor's name...?

No because you made claims she has apologized which are false n you haven't provide any evidence for it. Then you made claims she will change her language n still you haven't provided any evidence for it. The conclusion is you have zero evidence. I have already linked her story n the videos-we know the name of the student n the fact she is attending the University of Connecticut

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

And what exactly is the protest that is going on? One student who used a "bad word", hurt some snowflakes feelings?

The only facts are your little tiktok videos you love so much and the actual news article that I posted yesterday, which for sure showed that the professor was in the wrong here.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

That's false too.

Take notice on the part

No because you made claims she has apologized which are false n you haven't provide any evidence for it. Then you made claims she will change her language n still you haven't provided any evidence for it. The conclusion is you have zero evidence. I have already linked her story n the videos-we know the name of the student n the fact she is attending the University of Connecticut

The evidence is on tik tok and if you don't want to believe me then so be it, but she did say that she will not be using that term because it is 'redundant', whatever she meant by that we will never know because she isn't commenting anywhere to anyone of any substance...only on tic tok.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

And what exactly is the protest that is going on? One student who used a "bad word", hurt some snowflakes feelings?

The only facts are your little tiktok videos you love so much and the actual news article that I posted yesterday, which for sure showed that the professor was in the wrong here.

The actual news article has reached out to her for further comment, but she won't comment further. So here we are.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That's false too.

Take notice on the part

The evidence is on tik tok and if you don't want to believe me then so be it, but she did say that she will not be using that term because it is 'redundant', whatever she meant by that we will never know because she isn't commenting anywhere to anyone of any substance...only on tic tok.

You keep making the false claim which by now seems to be propaganda

I have quoted many times what she said n even at the beginning of the page-here it is:

I do apologize for using the term biological woman and it was redundant and not necessary using the term biological to describe a man or woman implies that they're non-biological men and women

This is absolute sarcasm by Olivia n everyone who has read it can verify it to you. She 'apologizes' for using the term 'biological'... n read the rest

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

What more do they need from her? She gave them the facts and told them what happened., and that their schools "gender equity group" approved the original writing for grading.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What more do they need from her? She gave them the facts and told them what happened., and that their schools "gender equity group" approved the original writing for grading.

@quintissentone can't accept they made some false claims that are proven to be wrong n they go in cycles

They still go about 'her apology' but there is no apology offered other than absolute sarcasm

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: linda72

The fact is that without seeing her paper in that class we can't determine whether or not she is actually using the original term or not. Do you have proof she is still using the term in that paper?

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The fact is that without seeing her paper in that class we can't determine whether or not she is actually using the original term or not. Do you have proof she is still using the term in that paper?

I have already quoted her many times-she is using the original proposal n she hasn't said anything about changing it or change words-so it's more than enough I would say-asking for proof when you have provided zero evidence for all your claims is a bit ironic

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I have already quoted her many times-she is using the original proposal n she hasn't said anything about changing it or change words-so it's more than enough I would say-asking for proof when you have provided zero evidence for all your claims is a bit ironic

What she says or doesn't say does not reflect what her actions are or may be. I need proof and you don't have it.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What she says or doesn't say does not reflect what her actions are or may be. I need proof and you don't have it.

It is you who doesn't have any proof and made a number of false claims

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You are completely glossing over my response that tells you what you are looking for, but it goes against your narrative so I can see why you would.

"Krolczyk met with the school’s gender equity group and they agreed she would do her project with her original proposal. A new professor will grade her work and a file will be sent to the dean. "

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join