It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Joins The 'Go Broke' Club as Conservative's Boycott Store Over Children's Clothing Range

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Not sure how telling a kid "people are their heart" is "sick". I think telling a kid that "people are their heart" is good. Because that is true. People are much more than their gender. We are after all, spirits experiancing the human experiance.

Kids don't think very rationally and are much closer to emotional thinking. I think its best we don't push anything on kids and let them be open minded. To live life with their heart and treat others with love.

If anything, telling kids that trans people are wrong and mentally ill, will instill discrimination and negative perspective. We need more understanding and love in this world, rather that division and hatred.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I tend to tell my children the truth about reality in order to prepare them for it.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That's great but "truth" can often be subjective. I think the greatest tool we can provide children is the ability to know how to learn and understand things themselves. I think telling kids "how the world works" is instilling them with one's flawed perspective (as we all have bias and personal perspectives).

Giving kids the tools they need to understand this world is one of the best things you can do. As personal experiance and self-realization of things is far bettter than just telling kids what to believe.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Chromosomes aren’t subjective.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

People are their heart? Except when that person is still in the womb of course. Then you think they’re property of the WOMAN carrying them.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

But how people feel inside is. Kids don't need to have discussion about trans people in sports and also they shouldn't be encouraged to have surgery or hormonal treatment. I do understand that perspective.

But kids should be able to respect others and have understanding for how others feel. And if a kid feels like he or she is not the right gender then their feelings should be embraced and not rejected.

I also think its wrong to push kids in a direction from initial feelings. Kids change their minds many times throughout childhood. Go through many phases.

So whats important is that we show love and understanding to kids. And not push either or perspectives.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Has anyone tried the "Tuck-Friendly" Swimsuits?

Alex Stein Trys Target’s Viral "Tuck-Friendly" Swimsuit

For Pride month, Target has started selling tuck-friendly women's bathing suits, and Alex was first in line to buy! Target's pride collection has an array of items, but the Alex was thrilled to model and review their tuck-friendly women's swimsuits. Watch and learn about this swimwear and the tuck-friendly technology!

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That’s nonsense.

Men who act upon their feelings are dangerous. Do you think a fireman feels like entering a burning building? Or a soldier feels like charging the enemy?

Real men do the things we don’t want to, it’s called responsibility. Men who act upon feelings without consideration are the rapists and murderers of this world.

No woman wants a weak man who acts out his feelings.

It’s all born from the idea that women and men are equal, it’s just not true. We both have unique advantages and disadvantages. The world has gone soft and now the beta males are trying to take power by exploiting “feelings”. Behaving like a woman does not make you one.

See how that pans out should the SHTF and society collapses. Every single woman will be looking for a strong masculine man to hide behind. See how the soy boy LGBTQ crowd fair in that reality.

I’ll continue to raise my lad with discipline and truth, which is why he’ll grow up to be happy and successful, not an emotional mess, self absorbed with his own feelings and desires.
edit on 25/5/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

That’s nonsense.

Men who act upon their feelings are dangerous. Do you think a fireman feels like entering a burning building? Or a soldier feels like charging the enemy?

Real men do the things we don’t want to, it’s called responsibility. Men who act upon feelings without consideration are the rapists and murderers of this world.

No woman wants a weak man who acts out his feelings.

It’s all born from the idea that women and men are equal, it’s just not true. We both have unique advantages and disadvantages. The world has gone soft and now the beta males are trying to take power by exploiting “feelings”. Behaving like a woman does not make you one.

See how that pans out should the SHTF and society collapses. Every single woman will be looking for a strong masculine man to hide behind. See how the soy boy LGBTQ crowd fair in that reality.

I’ll continue to raise my lad with discipline and truth, which is why he’ll grow up to be happy and successful, not an emotional mess, self absorbed with his own feelings and desires.

*Tips hat to the lady*

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well, you're refering to adults who have to manage their feelings to do courageous things. That's differn't than young kids. Telling kids to repress their feelings so they can be strong is not a good path. You can be strong and still be in touch with your inner feelings and have empathy towards others.

You say it's "self-absorbed", but its not. Being in touch with one's feelings and self is very important for growing and becoming a more fuller human being. Repressed tough guys that show no empathy and have no focus on understanding others is what leads to wars and violence.

It's very possible to raise a kid who is self-reliant, capable and also in touch with their inner self. This notion that men must be tough guys void of any inner feelings, is an old notion that creates many problems.

And we aren't living in a world that requires kids to grow up fast and be tough to survive. So, I don't understand why you think we should raise kids that way.

You can have discipline and being strong, but still have empathy and be in touch with one's inner self. This idea that we have to be one way or another is perhaps something you were taught but its not right. We can raise a generation of strong and empathetic kids. Kids who aren't afraid to show their emotions and have understanding for others.

The old ways haven't worked. Look at where the world is at. Time to try a better approach.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

And we aren't living in a world that requires kids to grow up fast and be tough to survive.

Odd comment given the circumstances and context of the topic..

The old ways haven't worked. Look at where the world is at. Time to try a better approach.

Then why are things getting exponentially worse?

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

they literally had swimsuits with tags claiming they are tuck friendly.

shame i moved to South America where targets are non-existent or else i'd show proof. At least down here, saner heads prevail and we don't need "tuck friendly" or gender/pride shirts marketed toward children

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

The old ways have worked for 100,000 years.

But the progressives are going to change human cultural and genetic history with social media?

I apologize if that came out harsh.

*bro-hug*

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Have you ever given a thought to the idea that we might be where we are at *because* the social engineering being forced isn't working, not because the "old ways" didn't work.

It's like taxing and regulating the crap out of a once free market and then claiming free markets don't work when your meddling breaks the market.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

People are their heart? Except when that person is still in the womb of course. Then you think they’re property of the WOMAN carrying them.

Side steps usually mean you have no reasonable argument.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Can I save this reply for when you do it in this thread?

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: LordAhriman

they literally had swimsuits with tags claiming they are tuck friendly.

shame i moved to South America where targets are non-existent or else i'd show proof. At least down here, saner heads prevail and we don't need "tuck friendly" or gender/pride shirts marketed toward children

Someone personally knowledgeable of such a need.

Dad designs swimwear line for trans girls, inspired by his own daughter

Ruby Alexander just wanted some good bikini bottoms to wear to the beach. However, the then-11-year-old struggled to find one that fit her properly and wasn't too bulky. Determined to make his daughter feel both comfortable and confident as a transgender girl, Ruby's dad Jamie Alexander set out to solve the problem himself. Today, some years later, the father-daughter duo is at the helm of a game-changing swimwear line that has shipped more than 500 pairs to transgender girls around the world. Their brand, RUBIES, offers bikini bottoms that incorporate compression spandex and mesh to provide a compact fit that enables their customers to feel comfortable doing the same activities as their cisgender friends.

scoop.upworthy.com...

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Annee

Can I save this reply for when you do it in this thread?

Thanks in advance.

Every time I skip from transgender to abortion.

Because they are so related.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Because something that has sold 500 pairs "all over the world" needs to be marketed to the average 5-year-old at Target ....

It is niche at best, even moreso than a Joe Biden bumper sticker.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

I wonder how much are actual events or just blowback hyperbole due to Bud Lite. Two kinds of events tell me I feel this is just Target trying to cover their ass with what they are seeing with Bud Lite. The first one is they removed all the clothing from online orders, so this isn't in the stores for people to assume it is too close to kids clothing areas, and who the hell would even know who the designer of anything is to threaten them in any way...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join