It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Joins The 'Go Broke' Club as Conservative's Boycott Store Over Children's Clothing Range

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Picture function is broke.

That sucks. So hit the share button and post a link.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea but you habitually beat him.

Not sure we can trust this source!

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: ketsuko

Do they really have a tuck-friendly toddler swimsuit? Cause that would be pretty bananas. I thought that was an adult thing. I could not find any child-size or child clothing that was tuck friendly.

You sure that's not just made-up for headlines?

Is Target Offering 'Tuck-Friendly' Bathing Suits for Kids?

See what I mean about overreactions? Gotta fact check everything nowadays with "journalists" just making up headlines for clicks.

Seen it yesterday, can't remember, was on several different youtube channels, was definitely toddler/childrens size, and children's books, for 3-8 yr olds

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I would say that there is enough evidence to strongly suggest that just like in the old Homosexual days when it was illegal the people of this persuasion were easy targets for blackmail. So after it was legalized the next game would have been questionable activity with minors. Note how the people that might be blackmailed are trying to normalize it , Even the UN has new guidelines. So the way out is to decriminalize the practice. They might have miscalculated the moral outrage on this one.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The bathing suits are tagged with "light binding effect" and "tuck friendly construction" tags on them.

And yes, they do have books for kids that are all about being queer, coming out, etc., I've definitely seen those.

And while Target is starting to notice that parents aren't exactly fans of this, they have so far only moved Pride sections away from the front of the store in some places and stopped stocking the Abprallen merch. Abprallen is a UK designer who makes Satanist stuff, and some of the other designs carried by that particular designer endorse violence (a guillotine with skulls and the slogan "homophobe headrest" for an example) or push the idea that Satan loves gays and trans. Target isn't carrying anything like that but did allow the designer to use corporate social media to push that the Satan Loves Gays angle openly.

It's all very wonderful stuff that I'd love to have marketed to children.
edit on 24-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's hard to fathom how and why but our big corporate chains store and brands are going all out to destroy their own reputations like every government agency and NGO. It is the intentional destruction of "our world" and all the institutions, norms and values tossed in the bonfire. Things are getting VERY serious folks. This open border has nothing to do with refugees but with placing an insurgent army all across the country able to take out power, energy and communication in a day when they go live. I'm not joking nor is this hyperbole. China doesn't allow citizens to leave and come to the US unless the CCP wants them to and guess who's been coming across the border in the tens of thousands? Not to mention those who've been here for years. We are far too tempting a target for them to not make a move to take us down and they are at the point of where it is imminently possible to do so. None of us are ready for whats coming so at least all Americans will have that much in common.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion
Haha! Triggered again.

For counterpoint and different perspectives:

Target’s Pride collection features ‘tuck-friendly’ swimsuits for adults, not kids

Target Removes Some LGBTQ Merchandise From Stores Ahead Of June Pride Month

Trans designer says he’s getting death threats over Target’s Pride collection

Target becomes latest company to suffer backlash for LGBTQ+ support, pulls some Pride month clothing

Target moves Pride displays after “violent” customer backlash

Why is Target pulling some Pride merch? The retailer’s response to hostile backlash, explained

Target said it’s pulling certain items from the Pride collection due to intense and threatening backlash from some customers — which has impacted employees’ sense of safety, the company said. Target said that customers knocked down Pride displays at some stores, angrily approached workers and posted threatening videos on social media from inside the stores.

Seems like the public is angry about this.

Either not ready for it or not happy at having it shoved down their throats everywhere they look.

Why cant adult trans people just do their thing but leave todders out of it. Any parent who thinks their toddler is the opposite gender is truly imagining things because toddlers are not able to express this clearly.

My sons had a couple pink onesies and I didnt cut their hair, so Im not buying into the old cliched stereotypes but as soon as they wanted a haircut for school it happened, and the pink ended when they outgrew the free baby clothes from their girl cousins. Had they wanted more pink stuff, sure Id let them, but no way in hell would I over ride their individuality as people and force them to live as something they werent.

And there was absolutely no indication at that age whether they would be gay or straight or trans. The one son I thought might be gay wasnt. So I got it wrong and glad I didnt make up stuff and force the kid to go along with it.

I think most trans people are legitimately traumatized by their own upbringing, where they might have been stigmatized by family, targeted by bullies in school or fearful that showing their true selves would be dangerous. That kind of happens to most people too and I do respect that it can hurt for a lifetime. The support for children transitioning probably stems from an honest place where a person genuinely wants to protect children from a repeat of what the earlier generations went through but it needs to allow for children to grow and change their minds too, for them to face a little adversity in order to grow so they can know themselves. Rash decisions are done in haste, in desperation and thats why I want to see more caution used when it comes to children transitioning.

Id hope in this day and age, society and families will not bully kids who want to cross dress, play at non conforming gender, etc. That would go a long way to help genuinely trans kids and make sure no kid chooses transition out of gender confusion, fear of homophobia, or for popularity, or attention, or parents pushing it by undergoing possibly irreversible surgeries and hormones.
edit on 24-5-2023 by igloo because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The solution is very simple.

Stop shopping at Target.

I can't believe people are more enraged over the transgender idiocy than the fact that Target sold out America a long time ago through importing cheap s*** from China. And Americans willingly consume it.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree. I think advertising to children should be regulated and severly diminished. I really do agree with that. Not just politics but other things as well. I mean you see terrible foods, like highly sugary cereal, advertised to kids on kids shows all the time. It should be illegal.

Kids should be left alone in all regards. I truely agree with this notion.

Last time I was in Toys R Us, there was McDonalds play sets with play hamburgers and sodas. It should be illegal. Kids should be off limits in all regards.

edit on 24-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Beautifully said, igloo.

To be honest, I don't entirely agree, but I'm probably more cynical than you. I do think there are people who truly think they are helping children by providing what they wish they had as a child. But I also think there are some sick people acting in their own best interests -- whether for profit, convenience, power or they're just perverts.

And I hope that once all this plays out, and people understand that reality is what we make of it, that no one feels the need to transition and live an embellished life to feel authentic or whole. Screw all the gender roles and gender norms and gender stereotypes. We can all reject or embrace whatever role or norm we so choose, while respecting everyone's right to do the same.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Seems like the public is angry about this.

Care to be more specific about what segment, demographic or percentage of the public you think is angry about it?

I don’t disagree with several of your additional comments but the topic is Target’s pride month merchandising AKA Rainbow Capitalism and I would rather not stray too far off track.

I will say I think having an LGBTx line of clothing for little kids is pretty stupid and more for virtue signaling parents and “woke” points for Target but would also like to suggest that if this bothers someone so much they have to resort to violence and vandalism, they should just not buy queer clothing for their kids and mind their own business without trying to dictate a retailer’s marketing decisions or what others might want to buy.

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: vonclod

The bathing suits are tagged with "light binding effect" and "tuck friendly construction" tags on them.

And yes, they do have books for kids that are all about being queer, coming out, etc., I've definitely seen those.

And while Target is starting to notice that parents aren't exactly fans of this, they have so far only moved Pride sections away from the front of the store in some places and stopped stocking the Abprallen merch. Abprallen is a UK designer who makes Satanist stuff, and some of the other designs carried by that particular designer endorse violence (a guillotine with skulls and the slogan "homophobe headrest" for an example) or push the idea that Satan loves gays and trans. Target isn't carrying anything like that but did allow the designer to use corporate social media to push that the Satan Loves Gays angle openly.

It's all very wonderful stuff that I'd love to have marketed to children.

We don't have Target here anymore, so I've not personally seen it, but did see it on a few vids yesterday..topic of the day I guess. Updates this morn were as you said, relocated. None of that stuff has any business being marketed to toddlers, or in the toddlers section.. IMO.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Probably the least shop lifted area of items, No one wants their woke #. Target sucks anyways

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The *Target was women's bathrooms, now it's your kids. Be aware and beware!
edit on 5 25 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Have you ever been too a “pride parade”, they are very much run by drag queens and are very sexually charged, totally inappropriate for kids, imo.

Have you?

LOL, not on purpose ! We lived in “crazy town”, the Bay Area of CA, for long enough to experience the absolute chaos these “celebrations” cause, everyone else be dammed, suck up an extra 2 hours to your already long commute to show your “respect” to the folks taking over the streets to highlight their “kinks” , yup some freak walking his slave lover like a dog, growling at people in cars trying to get through, is super “inclusive” !! It was really interesting trying to explain the “dyke’s on bikes” to my young daughter, let’s just say they didn’t act very “ladylike”!
edit on 25-5-2023 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yeah, I’m sure all those old folk walking around stores wearing useless masks really benefitted from restricting their airways during a pandemic with a disease which effects the respiratory system.

Newsflash genius, restricting your breathing when you have a respiratory virus is the exact opposite of what you should do, also locking yourself up indoors away from that big vitamin D generator in the sky doesn’t help anyones immune system.

I tell you what works, fresh air and sunlight is a good start.

edit on 25/5/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The toddlers aren't the ones doing the shopping, that is the parents. The parents are being groomed to groom their own children. This is really getting sick...

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

"Pride cometh before a fall." - the good book.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The toddlers aren't the ones doing the shopping, that is the parents. The parents are being groomed to groom their own children. This is really getting sick...

If you have an LGBTQ+ family member and want to show love and acceptance.

Why is that so bad?

Do you think young children are immune to negative comments about that family member?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join