It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Joins The 'Go Broke' Club as Conservative's Boycott Store Over Children's Clothing Range

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The old ways have worked in what way? We've had constant wars, massive wealth gaps, and increased division and hatred. Something is not working.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: Grenade

Not sure how telling a kid "people are their heart" is "sick". I think telling a kid that "people are their heart" is good. Because that is true. People are much more than their gender. We are after all, spirits experiencing the human experience.

This actually comes from having a mother with polio.

We belonged to a disabled club. For a 5 year old -- the equipment/apparatuses used to become mobile can look frightening.

But when you get to know the individuals -- you look right past the scary stuff -- and feel their heart.

Of course not everyone was kind. There were some bitter cranky ones. I just stayed away from them.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The old ways have worked in what way? We've had constant wars, massive wealth gaps, and increased division and hatred. Something is not working.

Back in the 50s -- you hid away anyone that was different.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So you want a one world order, no income inequality, and everyone to speak the same and think the same.

I've seen this movie.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

There’s a big difference between providing emotional support and promoting delusion.

Children shouldn’t fear their parents but they MUST respect them.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Totally agree, also to add and in my opinion sometimes even a little fear doesn't hurt.

My dad was a large man, he expected certain behavior and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I feared him enough to follow the rules, but at the same time knew that I could go to him anytime for anything.

(post by Grenade removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

That’s the role a father must play.

He’ll go with you to the gates of hell while at the same time give you an earful for getting into this trouble.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone

. . . . I could go to him anytime for anything.

And there's the difference.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Annee

Or to point out the inconsistency that dribbles out of your word hole.

Skip to attempted insults.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don’t think it’s insulting to point out you’re inconsistent with opinions. It was an attempt at a joke, wasn’t sure which hole you were using to talk.

This isn’t our first rodeo.
edit on 25/5/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It isn't the 50s anymore. 2023 is light years ahead with tolerance. One can accept another person but still disagree, especially when we are talking about behaviors and not something physical like polio or even skin color which both are not behaviors like all of what we are actually discussing in all this. This has gone from acceptance to demands and it is that part that people are pushing back against.

We just need to ask why just in the last two years has all this exploded into what it is today. Where has the push been? I don't think the population just decided to push back against trans when 20 years before no one cared until just recently, so we need to look at the actions that have taken place recently to understand the pushback.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If my child comes to me wanting to mutilate their genitals then I’m a failure as a father and should give up parenting. Even then my response is unlikely to be filling them with drugs and suggesting it’s a good idea.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

You can support and accept someone for their differences. However, promoting and being proud about mental illness doesn’t help anyone.

If you have a young kid who’s confused about gender it’s because you’ve intentionally allowed them to question basic biological facts. As I told you before, every child needs to learn at some point that Santa Claus isn’t real, even if their bat sh!t crazy parents haven’t quite figured it out for themselves yet.

I do not support or promote ignorance.

Allies of the trans people support men in women's sports, men in women's spaces, men in women's prison. Seems like that is a whole lot of ignorance being supported to me.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge.

Much factual information and research re: transgender (and LGBTQ+) has been posted on this site.

Yet "some" continue with a closed mind and rejection of that information.

Instead continue to push sensational headlines and extremism.

Ignorance is denying reality. Reality = men cannot be women, and vice versa. DNA cannot be modified to make a person something they are not.

Anything that denies this basic REALITY is making false statements. Much of that has been posted on the internet and on ATS as well.

Im not going to reject basic facts of reality in order to be 'open minded'.

I think trans and their allies are promoting sensationalism and extremism. For an example: Dylan Mulvaney For a second example: State of CA now houses men who say 'I'm a woman', in women's prison. And I guess that is just fine with you and not extreme at all. Unless I mention it.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Don’t forget a huge proportion of those men are in prison for sex crimes against women. Soon womens prisons will be like a rape holiday for perverts in drag.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Don’t forget a huge proportion of those men are in prison for sex crimes against women. Soon womens prisons will be like a rape holiday for perverts in drag.

Shhh.... It's extremism to bring that up.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You ain’t seen nothing yet……

Sad that I’m more likely to be prosecuted for calling out a pervert. While they’ll walk around free, peacocking like heroes, and lap dancing on school kids.

Still, better to die on yer feet and all that jazz.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Increased since diversity. One of the Latin roots of the word means to divide and isn't positive. You do not unite people by focusing on their differences. You unite by focusing on what they share, how they are alike and building from there.

None of this is diversity. So maybe we should stop focusing on it and return to what we share.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It isn't the 50s anymore. 2023 is light years ahead with tolerance.

It fit the post I was responding to.

I personally arrived before the 50s -- so actually lived them -- and have watched/lived the evolution.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone

My dad was a large man, he expected certain behavior and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I feared him enough to follow the rules, but at the same time knew that I could go to him anytime for anything.

What is fear? Are we talking at any given moment your dad will beat you, or are we suggesting maybe you should not challenge your dad or it will go bad for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join