It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A note on Censorship, Misinformation, Disinformation, and Cointelpro

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Darko

Cointelpro (Counter Intelligence) is most famous from the 1960's and beyond.

Hi Darko,

I appreciate you were putting out a ton of text in your comment, but I thought a bit of clarification might be useful in this case.

"Counter Intelligence" (CI) is, for those unaware, a group of intel activities with the aim of detecting the espionage of others as well as misleading and manipulating people or groups considered hostile to national interests. Any country with an intel apparatus engages in CI as part of their national security operations.

As @Darko mentioned, some CI operations are ugly and convoluted. COINTELPRO was one of those. Britannica has a basic summary of it:

COINTELPRO, in full Counterintelligence Program, counterintelligence program conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) from 1956 to 1971 to discredit and neutralize organizations considered subversive to U.S. political stability. It was covert and often used extralegal means to criminalize various forms of political struggle and derail several social movements, such as those for civil rights and Puerto Rican independence.

Regrets if I sound like I'm preaching to the choir, not my intent.

Cheers

Good info - the scheme also covers indultrial espionage where if a company employs and/or trains enough people or makes enough profit it is granted national security exemption acess to the next five years of illegally obtained investment intel for every country in the world. In the UK yu write to the Home Sec to be granted access while in the US it is an obscure office - it'a illegal practice but every country does it.

It's also the reason why the West can be cocnfident knowing It is able to shutdown Russia and Chinas grids before any wmd could be launched.
edit on 7-5-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Damn! My grammar sucks in the middle of the night! lol I need to go edit that post. That sounds HORRIBLE! lol. Cheers

originally posted by: TheReaversChain

originally posted by: Darko

..But a fill explanation of "logical fallacies" are better suited for post about the Trivium and Quadrivium , So when enough people see a "thumbs down" on a post or Youtube video (formerly on Youtube) then group think kicks in and they don't bother to click on

Actually, the expression gets used in debate circles, but it is a different circumstance than in a conventional conversation because it's not "debate-ing" but "debate." Participants will pick some completely unpassioned myopic subject and look like they are debating it to the death with what sounds like calculus and it doesn't make sense to anyone listening in. It's just one of the oddities of classical debate, but yes if it were even a thing, I guess it would run the risk of sounding gauche on a message board were people to pick up the habit and just start doing it. That is because when participants at at a debate circle do it, it isn't about proving one's "point" because it's not a "discussion" as one might view it.

Just thought I'd clarify, no this doesn't have anything to do with the topic but I found the subjects together kind of a jarring mishmash. One doesn't have to do with the other. I might do it if I didn't think people would view it as a mic drop. It's not a point making thing really. Or anything to do with any of the subjects discussed here for that matter. Keep in mind this is not a critique of your OP. That is fine as far as the layout is considered. Anyways..๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜ฏ, continue. ๐Ÿ˜Š

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OFF TOPIC - removed to prevent thread drifting
edit on 9-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ Sorry. ๐Ÿ˜†..

edit on 7-5-2023 by TheReaversChain because: .๐ŸŒน.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheReaversChain

๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ Sorry. ๐Ÿ˜†..

No I appreciate it! lol. I need to pay more attention and proof read. I just type without really looking at the screen

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I know, but to me the trans "movement" has been blow our of proportion once children were involved.

That is the difference between, been anti trans, I an anti-mutilation of children in the name of gender identity Dysphoria.

Adults can go and mutilate themselves for what I care but leave the darn children alone.

When it comes to sex been targeted it seems to me that the males of the species are the priority, I wonder why.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Nah I get it.. ."probably done" that once or twice myself๐Ÿ˜‰. ...๐Ÿ˜ ,cheers,.
edit on 7-5-2023 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Exactly, then many will ask why people are anti trans, nope is not that, is anti-usurpation of born females and males of their role in society and for what? to target children?

slippery road, if you ask me soo to tag everybody anti trans is actually a very targeted agenda on itself.

The issue can not be rounded under one side.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is a very slippery slope 'In all respects it should of never gotten this way to begin with' This is how muddied and twisted the discourse has gotten by The ideologies pushing their agendas..Aka the far left zealots and the far right bible thumpers. IMHO their Goals are the same but done differently. The thinning of the gene pool of the degenerates, they just go about things differently, morso the far left seems more sinister about it

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
COINTELPRO today is not what it was back 40, 50 years ago, America is no longer an isolated entity, our nation has now been manipulated by foreign interest thanks to our willing politicians.

Sorry but things are not what it seems in our nations politics these days.

I am not as savvy as most of you guys when it comes to information manipulation, but as a conspirator I feel is a growing monster hiding in the closet.

And yes I know and agree that presidents are selected, no elected and Trump was an anomality that still needs to be neutralized even if he is no longer president

I agree with most of your post. The main reason that I think COINTELPRO is different, is because there are less players. Less people own a larger part of the media outlets and distributors. All that money being paid to the internet influencers is not coming just from their subscribers.

Trump I do not believe was an anomaly. I think that he was bought and paid for just like all the others that they allowed on the ballot. The only thing that made Trump different, is that they did not realize how big of a narcissist that he is, and were too slow in reigning him in.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I agree and the op had me a little confused as I honestly felt the threads authored about the trans movement were purely about protecting women from getting permanently battered in sports and children from having surgeries/hormones at a time in life when they flit through many emotions and often make unsound decisions. Protecting them from bad decisions until they are mentally mature seems wise to me. Adults transitioning... fill your boots, but I really think society owes it to women to make sure a biological male with working gear and dodgy histories don't end up incarcerated together all to not offend a tiny minority.

The op stating they support protecting women and children but pointing out the threads as "anti-trans" for discussing this has me confused and I participated in them too.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

"Anti Vax" is just a shorthand term.

No need for semantics.

Anti vaxxers are on here and we all know what is meant by that.

By the way, folk like that tend to call anyone who questions their narrative of "vaccine apologetics, defenders of the pharmaceuticals and denialism of reality" and similar.

It works both ways.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OFF TOPIC - removed to prevent thread driftingys.

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes, the term usually applies to anti COVID vaxxers.

I thought that much was obvious?

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I read all of your OP. I found your invocation of "anti-trans" posters curious in this context. Except for the "now banned" part, I am/could be one of those posters. So being one of your "anti-trans" posters who is still here (for now anyway), I have some questions.

For example, I have posted the absolutely vile violent crimes of trans predators many times. The crimes that the political activists told us "that never happens" again and again, over and over.

At what point is my posting truth NOT "uncovering truth" but about me being co-intel? Especially when the media/political narrative is telling us the exact opposite?

I've posted/cited the only two studies I know of to put the numbers in perspective in terms of overall crime rates. Likewise, I always make clear distinctions where necessary, such as political Trans activism/agendas, and the greater LGBTQ community.

This is literally denying ignorance. It is also literally uncovering truth... the whole truth. But I get the feeling such truthful comments will be canned if a mod decides the truth serves the wrong agenda.

I'm focusing on your "anti-trans" comments because you did, but my concerns apply to other matters too. I'm all for civil, thoughtful and reasonable discussions, and I've said so. Took a little grief for it too.

I'm not okay with mods deciding which truths are "uncovering truth" and which ones are "co-intel" and subject to removal and/or bans.

If you have to ask then it's probably not a good idea for you to post here but I commend you for your self reflection. That's one step in the right direction!
edit on 7-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join