It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
LOL!

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntccutz
Doesn’t anyone else think that this thing was already done collecting and transmitting what it needed to?

I understand not wanting to shoot it down over populated areas, but it crossed vast amounts of land that are desolate/very low population.

Too little too late?

They could have done it over Montana, the least populated state in the union where there are vast swaths of forested land mountain and prairie.
I do hope it was worth the wait to get it over the sea.
Sone people have suggested we jammed there signals with microwave. I hope so.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That missile was almost certainly fired without a lock, when he was right on top of the balloon. I wouldn’t exactly say easy, but if that’s what people want to believe, go for it.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That missile was almost certainly fired without a lock, when he was right on top of the balloon. I wouldn’t exactly say easy, but if that’s what people want to believe, go for it.

Mine was a reference to your earlier opinion about how difficult it would be to take it down.
Compare to a possible video of numerous fighters making multiple passes firing dozens of missiles.
Seemed easy compared to…. ‘difficul’.
edit on b000000282023-02-04T15:15:54-06:0003America/ChicagoSat, 04 Feb 2023 15:15:54 -0600300000023 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wavelength

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Ok, sure. We’ll just let a great opportunity to gather extremely valuable Intel, in our own back yard, because we want to make people feel better. That makes perfect sense. Screw the guys that may have to actually fight China, it’s far more important that Ma and Pa Kettle feel good.

As for the rest, whatever you say. You’re the expert.

I have to agree with you, Zaph. Who could pass up free intel floating along on a silver platter?

Personally, I find it highly unlikely that the Chinese would be presenting any free tech gifts via what is nothing less than a flashing neon sitting duck. What is their other hand doing while all eyes are on the pretty balloon?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, that was unexpected...

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The American people don't care about some intelligence gathering

That's why the average American isn't in charge of military intelligence. To be able to make those level decisions, one must have a lifetime of military experience and a good head for strategy (or one must be a complete mental case with a criminal family background and advanced dementia).

Zaphod is absolutely right that we are busy trying to get as much intelligence as possible from this thing, and militarily that is a very good thing. My concern is that while we are looking for intelligence, China has gotten intelligence. I see technological possibilities that scare me. There are ways to cut through a jamming signal, and I hope our military has taken them into consideration. China is good at doing the unexpected and using misdirection.

TheRedneck

Okay ? So gathering Intel from the Intel Gathering device ...Fine I see the logic .

So punch holes in the balloon deflate it bring it down slowly and Capture the actual device in tact . Seems way more logical than just blowing it out of the sky after it floats over the country and gathers its intel for the enemy .

Still zero reason to allow it to cross our airspace undisturbed .

edit on 4-2-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In response to you earlier post mate I'm no expert nor do I claim to be .

and Likely the missile was guided by some sort of Analog remote device.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Well, that was unexpected...

Daily Internet Win.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Question! Are there any viruses being sprayed out from dispensers in this payload?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepBass

Probably not, mate?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Probably not, mate?

Probably not. This time. However, are you familiar with CCP war philosophy? Because that kind of thing is definitely high on their checklist.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Probably not, mate?

Probably not. This time. However, are you familiar with CCP war philosophy? Because that kind of thing is definitely high on their checklist.

Would have driven their point had they released thousands of tiny paper Chinese flags across the US.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Did it happen?

If it did, then WW 3.

Which it isn't.

Thankfully.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They weaponized a Captain Kangaroo gag…sad.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

What does that actually mean?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Gee that's some explanation Redneck. Moonlight and Montana's city lights illuminated the balloon?

Kinda like this plane's body is being illuminated by the full moon and it's own lights, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Ahabstar

What does that actually mean?

Bunny Rabbit’s ping pong ball gag.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Never saw the ping pong balls drop by Moose or Rabbit on Captain Kangaroo? It was like a boxful above camera. Funny for kids.

edit on 4-2-2023 by Ahabstar because: Added a video

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm not buying the Spy balloon thing If they wanted intel there are way better and more advanced ways used , Not a balloon .

Either it was a real weather balloon or it was dispersing some kind of biological agent .
edit on 4-2-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join