It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So we have 2 balloons? cause there is something over St.Louis that looks an awful lot like the same balloon

fox2now.com...

edit on 3-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JinMI

If that's true, I am getting nervous. Pre-emptive action to eff us over so they can take Taiwan ... more while we are dealing with the stone age?

Perhaps.

What makes me nervous is that by all standards, this is a hostile invasion and our government is allowing it to happen.

I am not sure that it is an invasion. And I truly doubt that it is hostile.

I think it is more, just a reminder of a broken contract.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If it passes over us, and I can see it, I will get some GOOD photos of it. Because after all, I don’t know what I am looking at according some Jack tard who thinks that those are just ground based solar panels in front of it in all the photos.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fairtrade141
Have you looked at the photos in question? Are you just another braying jackass that cannot see what they are actually looking at? There are a half dozen photos of what is CLEARLY the ISS, and this thing is somewhere behind it.

But do go on about how I am some how utterly daft. a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Those are solar panels LIKE the ISS. The ISS flies much higher than that.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JinMI

If that's true, I am getting nervous. Pre-emptive action to eff us over so they can take Taiwan ... more while we are dealing with the stone age?

Perhaps.

What makes me nervous is that by all standards, this is a hostile invasion and our government is allowing it to happen.

I am not sure that it is an invasion. And I truly doubt that it is hostile.

I think it is more, just a reminder of a broken contract.

Are we currently hostile with China?

Are they invading our borders?

Are we giving China the benefit of the doubt?

Semantics aside now, if there were nothing to hide or fear, the govt wouldnt be so cagey.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fairtrade141

Should have gone to Specsavers, mate?

Sorry, I can't take you seriously.

It's solar panels. On the balloon. Not the ISS. Which orbits at 408 kms above the Earth. In space.

Remind me, how high is glorious CCP balloon up there?

Good grief man?!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Please compare the ISS to the photo. If I had not already looked at it 50 times, I would not have commented as such. a reply to: Creep Thumper

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I know you're from the UK, and I don't say this intending any kind of insult. But...

I cannot think of a single point in history since the 1800s when any other nation came to the defense of the USA. It's more the USA coming to the defense of other nations. WWI, WWII, even the Ukraine/Russia conflict... yes, many other countries are sending aid to Ukraine, but the US contribution has topped $30 billion and is still climbing! Face it: we are the rescuers and the lead in military aid... no one is coming to our rescue should things get bad.

NATO is a treaty where we help the other nations. It will cease to exist as soon as we are in trouble.

It's just what it is.

TheRedneck

link   
I don’t need anyone to take me seriously. The photos seem to have the ability to speak for themselves. For those who are intellectually honest about what it is they are looking at. a reply to: Oldcarpy2

link   

Ya I found a picture in this link taken at night.

www.nbcnews.com...

It glows at night like the moon.

I don't think a balloon reported to be 66000 feet high would glow at night like the moon!

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's solar panels. On the balloon. Not the ISS. Which orbits at 408 kms above the Earth. In space.

Good grief man?!!!!!!

psssst

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fairtrade141
Please compare the ISS to the photo. If I had not already looked at it 50 times, I would not have commented as such. a reply to: Creep Thumper

I'm sorry, but the ISS is in orbit in space.

The solar panels on the balloon resemble the ISS. It cannot BE the ISS.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

OK.

What that has to do with anything?

I happen to know several folk that died and that were maimed and crippled in your war on Terrorism in Afghan, so spare me your lecture.

And what for?

Exactly?

Tell that to their families.
edit on 3-2-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Fairtrade... what you are seeing is NOT the ISS. It uses a similar solar cell superstructure, simply because that particular design is the easiest to maneuver to produce the most power. That design is not unique to the ISS; it is actually rather common where devices are purely solar-powered and not ground-based.

The balloon has a "box" (the payload) below it, likely containing surveillance and control electronics. Since it is maneuverable, it likely has some sort of thrusters to correct trajectory. All that requires energy, and that energy is provided by an integral battery bank that is charged via the solar panels you are seeing protruding from the payload.

It is not possible for a balloon to pass behind the ISS. At that altitude, the only air is measured in molecules per cubic meter. It is literally a complete vacuum, and nothing can move in a vacuum based on density lift. A balloon would explode in such a near vacuum long, long before it reached the ISS.

We also can't use a hot air balloon to travel to the moon...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Sorry.

At this point I give up.

Are you serious?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Good grief man?!!!!!!

Maybe we should just ignore them. They are either a troll as has been suggested or an idiot. In either case you aren’t going to convince them of anything no matter how good your evidence or logic.

link   
a reply to: putnam6

Either we have multiple balloons or someone is telling one whopper of a lie.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

OK.

I give up.

Bonkers.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Fairtrade... what you are seeing is NOT the ISS. It uses a similar solar cell superstructure, simply because that particular design is the easiest to maneuver to produce the most power. That design is not unique to the ISS; it is actually rather common where devices are purely solar-powered and not ground-based.

The balloon has a "box" (the payload) below it, likely containing surveillance and control electronics. Since it is maneuverable, it likely has some sort of thrusters to correct trajectory. All that requires energy, and that energy is provided by an integral battery bank that is charged via the solar panels you are seeing protruding from the payload.

It is not possible for a balloon to pass behind the ISS. At that altitude, the only air is measured in molecules per cubic meter. It is literally a complete vacuum, and nothing can move in a vacuum based on density lift. A balloon would explode in such a near vacuum long, long before it reached the ISS.

We also can't use a hot air balloon to travel to the moon...

TheRedneck

like this one over St Louis

fox2now.com...

edit on 3-2-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Please do! That's what makes ATS great!

But no one is saying those panels are ground-based. They are obviously balloon-based. That's why they move with it.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join