It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: TheRedneck

So we have 2 balloons? cause there is something over St.Louis that looks an awful lot like the same balloon

fox2now.com...

There is also a RC-135 circling St. Louis at this time. Are we monitoring it?

this one, right

Yep that’s her. I believe you’re correct, there’s at least two balloons.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Stealth Drones and Satellites could accomplish the same thing without our knowledge.

Satellites? No. Satellites cannot intercept ground transmissions, nor can they triangulate based on those signals.

Drones, with the one exception of military drones, are very short-range. Even military drones cannot operate over hundreds of miles... their range is in the tens of miles at best. Plus, drones are noisy and attract attention; a balloon at 60,000 feet is much stealthier. Want proof? We're just now talking about it! This thing has been up for days.

This is not a test. This is not a drill. This is a prelude.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This wasn't a message to the US.

It was a message to Taiwan.

And the message says, "See what we can do!"

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I disagree. This is no message. This is intelligence gathering. A prelude.

Beware.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Beware.

TheRedneck

Of our bases? Like, before a strike on CONUS?

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I dont necessarily agree but one of the thoughts I heard discussed today said at one point the balloon was over 80k feet up, which puts it in the range of an emp type attack being feasible and now they know that at least with this administration nothing will be done to a big balloon floating through US airspace.

I will say again, this is not the first time this has happened just the first time all parties openly talked about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ILVBRADPITT25
I am going crazy.....its literally over my city....super weird.....a reply to: putnam6

It's pretty whacked, it isn't often a Chinese weather balloon floats over the continental US and we do nothing , but send a very terse message.

Well, my fortune cookie says you will live in interesting times.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And why do they want us to Know its there in the first place and without a doubt that its tied to China?
IMO if this isnt a distraction its a build up for something else coming down the road.

a reply to: interupt42

Just like Joe's fake jobs numbers announced today [remember Joe's job numbers were 1 million jobs over reported lat year] this China spy "balloon " could be set up so Joe is the hero. China wants Joe to stay in office and the State of the Union Address is coming up very soon.
It all could be a build up to show everyone how awesome of a president Joe Biden is, economy roaring and China dealt with.??

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well, my fortune cookie says you will live in interesting times.

I so desperately miss the good old days of the cold war where it was Armageddon or nothing, not this nonstop going to dip a toe on each side of the line junk.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This wasn't a message to the US.

It was a message to Taiwan.

And the message says, "See what we can do!"

Apparently the pentagon isn't receiving any messages at this time.....

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Beware.

TheRedneck

I am having trouble connecting the dots.

I don't see the purpose.

The last thing the US or China would want to deal with, is a bunch of crazy assed, pissed off Americans, that are stripped of what little they have, and are already feeling like they are being backed in a corner.

I see no win in that scenario. There are historical accounts of scorching and salting the earth to prevent the enemy from being able to readily use the land. I don't have trouble seeing Americans sinking the ship before just turning it over.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Quite a few ATS members have seen it now!
I am hoping at least a few are trying to vaporize it with some kind of basement built particle beam weapon.

The whole subject has a weird feel to it..like the balloon is a harbinger for something bigger.
I bet the real story bears no resemblance to what we get fed by the media.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I am hoping at least a few are trying to vaporize it with some kind of basement built particle beam weapon.

The whole subject has a weird feel to it..like the balloon is a harbinger for something bigger.

I agree. I am getting that strong smoke and mirror vibe.

Something is just not right about this whole thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
this whole thing kind of reminds me of the old 1930's radio show "war of the worlds".

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

A hyped up industrial laser would do it. Hook it into the transformer on the light pole,after increasing the wattage it can handle by adjusting the regulator in it. Also hook it up to a generator for extra power. What they gonna do? arrest you for accidentally shooting down a chinese baloon? Well crap...i was just trying to illuminate the air near it so i could snap a picture. Cat knocked it off line and pop!

link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Of our bases? Like, before a strike on CONUS?

You said it. I didn't.

Stay out of Minnesota.

TheRedneck

link   
One balloon is a mistake. Two is an invasion into US Air Space. This only makes sense if it is tactical not recon. They have satellites. They have on ground HUMINT. There is no logical need or reason and again, two is the game changer.

The US government allowed 9/11 to happen people so I do not trust anything I am hearing from them.

I guess they found some REALLY bad things in the searches at Joes house to do this.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've got a feeling that it won't be up there much longer...

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Two now. Nothing to see here says the Pentagon. Just move along. If you want to see Chinese lanterns you can just look up in the sky.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The last thing the US or China would want to deal with, is a bunch of crazy assed, pissed off Americans, that are stripped of what little they have, and are already feeling like they are being backed in a corner.

Hahahaha!

You do put a lot of faith in the US population. There's a few of us left, but not many. Most people drop and curl up into a fetal ball if they hear a car backfire more than once.

The Greatest Generation is gone. The rednecks are endangered.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join