It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-life activist arrested for praying silently near an abortion facility

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Maxmars

Arrested for being Christian.

No, not at all, as much as you'd like it to be case so you can claim you're being persecuted.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
When the world is full of a new generation of hypersensitive telepaths, will freedom to think differently be allowed?

Schizophrenic Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

As I tend to pray in my head all the time, I've learned that I better not go to the UK. I would potentially be arrested anytime a cop wants to ask me if I've been praying. I might be silently harassing too many people over there.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One service user said: “It was really intimidating. You’re in a really vulnerable situation and you have all these people shouting at you and saying you’re going to hell.”

The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) comes into force on Thursday. It says the nature of the protest restricted includes “graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling”.

It also covers “holding vigils where members audibly pray, recite scripture, genuflect, sprinkle holy water on the ground or cross themselves if they perceive a service-user is passing by”.

www.theguardian.com...

Silent prayer is fine as long as you stay outside the buffer zone.
edit on q000000371231America/Chicago3030America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

One service user said: “It was really intimidating. You’re in a really vulnerable situation and you have all these people shouting at you and saying you’re going to hell.”

The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) comes into force on Thursday. It says the nature of the protest restricted includes “graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling”.

It also covers “holding vigils where members audibly pray, recite scripture, genuflect, sprinkle holy water on the ground or cross themselves if they perceive a service-user is passing by”.

www.theguardian.com...

If it's silent ... how do you know someone is doing it? The only way would be to make assumptions based on what you know about them. That's ... sort of bigoted. I'd say racist, but that would be inaccurate in this case.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

If it's silent ... how do you know someone is doing it? The only way would be to make assumptions based on what you know about them. That's ... sort of bigoted. I'd say racist, but that would be inaccurate in this case.

Nobody would care what she was doing if she was silent because she'd be outside the buffer zone. She's free to be there and be silent.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

She was silent in the buffer zone. Is the buffer zone a complete no-go for all of humanity? If not, then citizens can be there. She is a citizen if she is not protesting. No one can tell if she is praying silently. They can only make the assumption based on what they know; that is textbook bigotry.

The fact that the cops had to ask tells us no one knew for sure if she was or wasn't, only that she was there.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

She was silent in the buffer zone. Is the buffer zone a complete no-go for all of humanity? If not, then citizens can be there. She is a citizen if she is not protesting. No one can tell if she is praying silently. They can only make the assumption based on what they know; that is textbook bigotry.

The fact that the cops had to ask tells us no one knew for sure if she was or wasn't, only that she was there.

Then why would the police approach her at all? Could it be because she may have been acting strangely in front of an abortion clinic?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Silent prayer is where it's at.

Glad our Anglo ancestors decided they'd had enough with the Church of England, I guess.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Then why would the police approach her at all? Could it be because she may have been acting strangely in front of an abortion clinic?

They approached her because someone else called them because that person recognized her and made assumptions about what she was doing. If she had been doing anything overt, they would not have had to ask her because it would have been obvious one would think.

Or do you need a refresher on what "silent" means?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

They approached her because someone else called them because that person recognized her and made assumptions about what she was doing. If she had been doing anything overt, they would not have had to ask her because it would have been obvious one would think.

Or do you need a refresher on what "silent" means?

Well neither you nor I witnessed what she was doing but the police obviously thought it wasn't innocent and that's after talking with her. If she was silent praying and she told the police that they should have just told her to move along. So we weren't there and don't know what transpired. She had to pay bail so she has to go back to see a judge, obviously the judge thinks she is not so innocent either.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe not. We are talking about police who have been prone to do things like haul in people breaking COVID quarantine by paddle-boarding in the open ocean far, far away from all others. Just because the police took her in doesn't mean a thing.

Let's try this another way:

Let's say I am a known speeder. I've sped so much that I've had numerous tickets and even had my license suspended. And when the day comes that I finally have all my stuff and am legal to drive again, someone sees me heading off to the freeway. I am not actually doing anything wrong; it's just me behind the wheel. They assume I must be about to speed if I'm not already, so they call the cops. The cops also know my history, so they come screaming down the highway and pull me over on the assumption that I was speeding ... but this time I wasn't.

This might be similar. She's there doing nothing actually wrong. It's just her, and everyone knows her history, including the cops, so everyone assumes she must be up to no good because of course she is.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You know, I get where you are trying to go, but the judge wants to see her too, it's not just the police. And the woman who called the police in the first place, maybe this wasn't the first time this woman was hanging around the abortion clinic. Who knows? Something is not quite right here.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You know, I get where you are trying to go, but the judge wants to see her too, it's not just the police. And the woman who called the police in the first place, maybe this wasn't the first time this woman was hanging around the abortion clinic. Who knows? Something is not quite right here.

Of course, it wasn't. I already said - she's a known protester. Everyone there knows it: people, cops, judge.

The problem is arresting her before anything overt is done with no evidence other than the assumption she was doing something and up to no good. It's fine to be suspicious. She has a history; it's not fine to arrest her because the assumption is that she's going to do or did something with no proof other than the suspicion and knowledge of her past.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Of course, it wasn't. I already said - she's a known protester. Everyone there knows it: people, cops, judge.

The problem is arresting her before anything overt is done with no evidence other than the assumption she was doing something and up to no good. It's fine to be suspicious. She has a history; it's not fine to arrest her because the assumption is that she's going to do or did something with no proof other than the suspicion and knowledge of her past.

Her reply 'I might be praying', wth is that? Playing games with cops is a bad move.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Again, didn't they know? Couldn't they tell? If they couldn't, how could anyone else? And if no one could tell, how harassing were the prayers if they were happening?

That leads us back to her being arrested just because of who she is and what's known about her.

Look if she, in her person, is such a threat, you get a restraining order.
edit on 21-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Again, didn't they know? Couldn't they tell? If they couldn't, how could anyone else? And if no one could tell, how harassing were the prayers if they were happening?

That leads us back to her being arrested just because of who she is and what's known about her.

What do you think she was doing there, when nobody was there and the clinic was closed?

Okay, so more info here. She was there three times previously and this is what she actually said:

At the police station, law enforcement officials presented Vaughn-Spruce with pictures of herself outside the abortion clinic and inquired whether she was praying. She responded by asserting that while she "might" have been praying in some of the pictures, she also could have been thinking about other topics, such as her lunch.

www.christianpost.com...
edit on q000000411231America/Chicago5252America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What do you think she was doing there, when nobody was there and the clinic was closed?

Praying?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Praying?

Or thinking about her lunch? (see more info above)
edit on q000000431231America/Chicago1919America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

The stench of satan is very strong in this thread.

There are those who are human (not necessarily Christians), who are offended and upset by child murder and those who defend the practice because they are obviously demon possessed .. It is very clear to see who they are and they are really not worth holding a conversation with.

This really is (evil) clown world when an outragious story like this surfaces and sub human low frequency minds defend it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join